Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purpleyin
    Okay, rather random question here but do they all wear the same model watch?
    I only say because the one Grodin's wearing looks very like the one that can be seen in Seige part 2 cap here.

I wonder if that's so they can be synchronised?
    Makes sense to me. Also, Stargate practises stealth product placement. They aren't blatant with it, but I figure they know we're curious enough to dig out the brand names if we really want to know. Dell PCs and The North Face jackets they wore in Rising are really the only ones I've seen. I'm not sure what PDAs they use. I think maybe HPs?

I'm sure somebody has already posted the brand of watch they wear on some thread somewhere. The watches are very big, it looks huge on David's wrist. Looks like the thing could function as a Life Signs Detector on its own!

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

oooh nice piccy watcher....you got best of both worlds there, Shep and McKay....yummy
      sigpic

Comment

Howdy folks.... just a quick "ooooh pictures" and reporting in post from the now concluded Con in Vancouver. I wish I could report an unexpected sighting of our favorite arrogant genius, but alas that was not to be. So Rodney bear had to be content with getting his picture taken with David Nykl and Joe Flanigan instead. I think David found the bear and his ZedPM amusing and Joe asked if it was a voodoo doll. Craig Veroni just laughed when I explained the bear to him when I went to get his autograph. Rainbow and Martin Gero's jaws both dropped when I pulled out the ZedPM to go with Rodney bear at the GW dinner friday night. They did take pictures and promised to show them to David. I'll finish posting the details in my blog (which is linked in my sig) tomorrow, once I've had some sleep.

Also, to keep this a little more on topic... I didn't get a chance to see if I got a reply from David about the charity thing. I won't get to see my mail again until about 1am Thursday morning when I get back into town. And, although it's still not quite Monday here in beautiful, but dark Vancouver... Happy Birthday David!

And to definatly make this on topic: an armed double thunk

G'nght folks

Comment

Okay, rather random question here but do they all wear the same model watch?
          I thought it was "yes" but I guess not. Rodney's watch has a black face and a silver/pewter casing. John's watch has a white face with a black casing.

Carson wears the same type of watch as Rodney.

And so does Ford. Wow, Rodney wearing the same kind of watch as Ford!

But the two scientists in The Defiant One look like they're wearing the same kind of watch as Sheppard.

Link to barely spoiler-ish shot of the watches.

Maybe it's the same company, just different styles.

(lots of arm shots there! )

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
            Howdy folks.... just a quick "ooooh pictures" and reporting in post from the now concluded Con in Vancouver. I wish I could report an unexpected sighting of our favorite arrogant genius, but alas that was not to be. So Rodney bear had to be content with getting his picture taken with David Nykl and Joe Flanigan instead. I think David found the bear and his ZedPM amusing and Joe asked if it was a voodoo doll. Craig Veroni just laughed when I explained the bear to him when I went to get his autograph. Rainbow and Martin Gero's jaws both dropped when I pulled out the ZedPM to go with Rodney bear at the GW dinner friday night. They did take pictures and promised to show them to David. I'll finish posting the details in my blog (which is linked in my sig) tomorrow, once I've had some sleep.

Wow, Thanks for letting us know about Con. I'm not suprised everybody liked your bear it was amazing. I still want one (please can I commission one!).
            It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I was just wondering, you know in Hotzone when they let off that EMP, shouldnt they're watches have stopped working?
              Or is that only with digital watches?

sigpic
              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                I can vouch for that. My geeky officemate has managed to gut his Mac laptop and runs linux OS on it instead. (The top of the laptop has this little sticker with a penguin eating an apple... ). Maybe that's the best geek option; the power of linux with the cool appearance of a Mac.
                Yep. My boyfriend tried to put powerpc gentoo linux on his ibook. At the time it didn't go well (sound didn't work). He's since got a new ibook so I guess he might have better luck, but Mac OS X is unix under the hood anyway - it has terminal . I would start going on about the eagerly awaited Mac OS Tiger but I'd bore people, plus that's what the geeking out thread is for.

Comment

Originally posted by not so ancient
                  I wanna peek! Share a link, please!
                  Well it wasn't hard to find; Shadowmaat + livejournal. Should I post a link?

Comment

Originally posted by not so ancient
                    Wow, that was a silly notion. Glad you got over it!

Actually, it being David's birthday and all, I think we should be EXTRA naughty.

How did I know that would go in that direction...?

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                      I was just wondering, you know in Hotzone when they let off that EMP, shouldnt they're watches have stopped working?
                      Or is that only with digital watches?
                      I wondered such a thing. Of course I first wondered about the laptops dying too. Apparently being turned off and closed would help, but I've not found anyone who's been able to say what definite effect an EMP would do to equipment at whatever range that was. If it was up close it'd be simpler - AFAIK it'd probably wipe hdd and/or cause other electrical damage.

Comment

OOh I wish. Would have to be in off-topic unless it was for SGA gadgets...
                        I keep on wishing there was an Atlantis appreciation thread, thought of starting one but that doesn't really come under characters and relationships or anything else I can think of. Have so many pretty screencaps of the city and no one to discuss them with.
                        You have me! I love Atlantis! Its the best looking alien city I've ever seen on tv!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
                          Looking forward to your blog entry for it. All sonuds great, though I must admit it makes me sort of happier that there was no David there, like yay I didn't miss out on too much (since I can't afford to go to US for any cons anytime soon) but that's selfish of me....

That bear was so cute though, sonuds like everyone loved it.
                          Last edited by Purpleyin; 18 April 2005, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                            You have me! I love Atlantis! Its the best looking alien city I've ever seen on tv!
                            Started it last night but no replies.
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11249

Comment

Started it last night but no replies.
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11249
                              You might have had better luck in the atlantis thread, and i dont usually visit the general discussion forum so i didnt see it

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X