No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the hiatus--I don't think they're cancelling anything. It's all because of stupid BSG's new schedule that they're messing with SGA's schedule....the sacred BSG gets to run all their eps at once, while the rest of us get to wait interminably. And let's face it--the guys running the Sci Fi channel haven't proven themselves to be any great shakes at programming most of the time. But I feel confident it doesn't mean cancellation of anything. And other intelligent countries...ahem...will run the eps as they should be run, so we'll at least get to read scripts here and etc.

Originally posted by Arlessiar
    Thought a bit about the trouble we had here and which I caused, there are still things that bother me and also things that still make me feel bad
    Aww, don't feel bad over that bit of trouble, A! You wanted to share some happy news and once upon a time, the news of marriage or impending marriage of even someone you didn't know was considered share-able. Not an invasion of privacy, imo, tho' it appears to be in others'. If they'd banned you, we'd have raised a ruckus to get you back, be sure. I hate to see you feel so bad over it.
    And to be still further cranky about mountains and molehills, the fuss over nekkid pics is a distinctly American backward-mentality....omg, we have to protect the children!! ::running around shrieking:: or they might figure out we're all bare as God made us under all this cotton and denim!!! I always feel compelled to apologize for my fellow Americans to the rest of the civilized world...we like to think we're sophisticated, but...eh...not so much.

it's so hot here (as it's seems to be everwhere in the rest of the Northern hemisphere - frightening! Pavane, Mx, let's meet for a nice bath in a tub full of ice cubes!) that I'm rarely sitting at my computer. But I won't forget you and hope I can answer on the weekend!
    Awful, isn't it? I've been living with this kind of weather May-October for thirty years now and the only solution is to never go outdoors. Unless you can go swimming.

...just because he's so cute.
    Last edited by smushybird; 25 July 2006, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Thought a bit about the trouble we had here and which I caused, there are still things that bother me and also things that still make me feel bad, I don't think I can sort this out completely, so back to thunking.
      Arlessiar, there is no reason to feel bad about this. You just posted something that in this context is not allowed on GW. So what everyone eventually does that *look at me * I know you didn't mean anything, we all know that, this is about GW rules not you. Give yourself a break. It is OK. Look; to me right or wrong, this was no different to reporting a sig that is too large... *sigh* maybe I am just use to being redded, reported and Modded I take it all with a grain of salt and go back to posting as normal. Life is too short, I'm too short...

smushybird I am not even commenting on Americans and morals... your country is a big wide gulf of contradictions. * like most *

What? I like them...

Comment

I'm not too invested in the topic, but Skydiver has a point. Gateworld isn't just a family appropriate site, but it's also a site that TPTB and the actors have been known to visit. It would be terribly embarrassing if there were (gasp) nekkid pics of an actor running around. I'd feel terrible, at least.
        As a Yank, I don't need you to apologize for me, smushybird. At least, not today.

Anyways, back to Rodney . . .

*this is where a piccie would be if I had piccies to post *
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoryJ
          As a Yank, I don't need you to apologize for me, smushybird. At least, not today.
          Let me revise that to say I would apologize for a certain faction, which I doubt includes very many people at all who post at Gateworld.

Which episode is on Friday? I thought 'Sateda' was supposed to be on next.

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird
            Which episode is on Friday? I thought 'Sateda' was supposed to be on next.
            "Irresistible" They changed it a while back I think because Sateda is another rather dark eppy and three in a row would be maybe too much, Irresistible is a kind a light fluffy ep by all accounts *reset button* Also as I said SG-1 has an Atlantis crossover "Pegasus Project" for those interested. It will have Rodney goodness.

Comment

OT - h0rrid's updated the ADB blog again, with a post all about DH's dog, Mars!

It's such a sad but sweet story!

http://www.adogsbreakfast.net
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay

I thought Mars was older then that, so it was just the bad health thing, aw sweet story. I've said it before David is the RDA of Atlantis. Thanks for the link. Adopt a pet today! I would if I didn't already have 3. I had a friend who use to walk the RSPCA dogs but she got so sad when they were eventually put down she had to stop doing it. *sorry depressing note to end on*

Comment

Originally posted by RoryJ
                  Pavane, are you in California? I heard about all the brown outs and power problems, and I hope you're all right.
                  Yes and so far no brownouts where I live. Keeping fingers crossed.

Originally posted by Arlesssiar
                  Pavane and Willow, I'll answer to your mails, but work is stressful in the next two days, I also can't be at home for two days, and it's so hot here (as it's seems to be everwhere in the rest of the Northern hemisphere - frightening! Pavane, Mx, let's meet for a nice bath in a tub full of ice cubes!) that I'm rarely sitting at my computer. But I won't forget you and hope I can answer on the weekend!
                  That's ok, I understand. Uggh! Stressful work and hot weather are a terrible combination! I am all for a tub of ice cubes! All of the swimming pools around here are full of luke-warm water. The only relief is in the creeks that come down out of the mountains.

Thanks for the link. Oh, this makes my heart all warm and fuzzy! Mars is one lucky pup!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

I'm planning on getting a retired greyhound when I move out and get my own place, because they put down more greyhounds than any other type of dog, with the exception of Pitbull terriers.

Yep, DH is the RDA of Atlantis...He likes dogs, and he promotes charities
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey sueKay - congrats on impressive 6000 posts!

Thanks for letting us know!

Oh wow, I nearly cried when I read that! How sweet is that! Mars is such a darling, what a cute and lucky dog! I bet he has a fantastic home! Can't wait to see him in ADB!
                      It's so sad what happens to these dogs. I wish I had the money or place to have a pet, I'd choose one from an animal shelter, too. Maybe one day I can have a pet. Although surely my heart would break if I had to decide which dog to take from all these lost souls! I'd want to take them all with me to save them! I'm not even able to visit these animal shelters to walk dogs, because I'd definitely react like your friend, Willow, and cry my eyes out.

David and Jane impressed me a lot. So David wanted to share his good fortune and they decided to go to an animal shelter to walk dogs. What a lovely idea! And then they take in a dog who isn't even completely healthy and give him all their love and help him to feel better, and isn't that just awwww-inducing? Can I adore this man even more?

By the way, I was wondering, "h0rrid" - is this David himself who writes this blog? I mean, he has the time now (still on hiatus), he's promoting his film, the former ADB website leads to this blog now, and the text about Mars is very personal. Who else would know that? But would he write about himself in the third person?
                      Anyway, would be cool if it was him!

Bye, A.
                      ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                      ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Well...in an interview, DH said that he'd been online for 12 years, and he said he 'lurked, never posted'

So if it's him...he might be a little shy...hence the 3rd person thing...bless

I nearly got a job at a local animal shelter one...but I turned it down, because I'd never be able to get over the animals getting put down.

LOL...I never even noticed my post!!!! thankies
                        sigpic

Comment

Geez, SuKay, even the "lurking" scares me to death. The thought that David reads these posts

6000 posts How did you do that? I am in Czech forum since last year and I have only someting over 3000.

And I have to say, I am more McKayish-I prefer cats.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I'm a dog person, like DH!

I've been on GW for two years now
                            sigpic

Comment

sueKay congrats on 6000 posts!!
                              By the way, I was wondering, "h0rrid" - is this David himself who writes this blog?
                              Have been wondering this myself since Sunday night. I think it's him or someone who knows him very well.

On the subject of pets - like Klenotka, I also prefer cats and have been a cat owner for years. I like dogs too, but we never had any growing up. I housesit for a few families, each has a dog, so I am fast becoming a dog person.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Chalk me up for "cat person" I've had cats all my life and I will always have them. I'm actually very allergic to them and I still put up with the watery eyes and sneezing fits.

I love them fuzzies
                                sigpic
                                Sig by im_meli
                                More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X