Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
    ah i see

well i was watching Childhood's End on ABC at 5pm and it is now 7:30pm...and my rodney clone is now telling me to get off and get some homework done too...he says he will help me
    Beware, he'll require some form of thanks for that help!
    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Hello,

Me again. On a roll - obviously not working too hard here:

From Conversion:

And my fave epi Aurora:

Ta,
      Alex

Comment

Originally posted by mcalex22
        I amended my post to delete the line - actually I meant to say sweated it out but what the heck, too much info.
        Haha, pretty much the same thing when your sick.

It is a very slow day here at work, hence the GW visits.

Comment

Hey it's an hour and a half til Halloween by me. In honor of said holiday, what kind of tricks or treats would y'all pull on our fav scientist?

See the Clips | IMDB site | Official Site
          ---------------------------------------------
          ---------------------------------------------
          Proud Rodney McKay Thunker | Proud Jayne Cobb Thunker | Keeper of the M.A.L.P.-on-a-Stick

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker
            Hey it's an hour and a half til Halloween by me. In honor of said holiday, what kind of tricks or treats would y'all pull on our fav scientist?
            Hmm, we don't really have that sort of thing here so I will pass. But love to hear your ideas, hmm, I bet he hates it because of all the kids.

EDIT because it seems to be working.
            Last edited by Willow'sCat; 30 October 2005, 10:08 PM.

Comment

If I give him something with citrus, can I be the one to give him CPR?
              "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
              My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                If I give him something with citrus, can I be the one to give him CPR?
                I may not know much about Halloween but I do know your not meant to 'potentially' kill anyone! Aw, poor Rodney. Yeah you can give him CPR and I will give him something (non PG) else!

Comment

Well slow again. Where is everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                    Well slow again. Where is everyone!
                    Um, don't get mad at this, but I don't think anyone really notices that things are "slow" until people point that out. And "slow" is in the mind of the beholder. I dont think it's slow if a few hours go by without a post. Some of us have jobs that don't allow us to post to fan sites. Instead of complaining that you think it's slow, just give us something to thunk about, McKay or David.

Personally, I think it's slow when there are posts that go off on tangents that have nothing to do with McKay or David.

I'm not picking on you, there are others who also complain about "slowness".

Also, I just thought of this, you have to take into consideration where the people are posting from. You may think "where is everybody?" when in fact they're sleeping as well as taking in account work time.

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Hmmm...Rodney tends to Save the Day(TM) on Atlantis. Sam tends to Save the Day(TM) on SG1. Put them together and there's going to be lots of fighting on who gets to save the day. Or they're going to cancel each other out and everyone will die.

Rodney and Sam banter/flirting is fine with me. Overdoing it and having him follow her around constantly like a lovesick puppy while she plows on oblivious (sound familiar?), not so much.

Honestly, I'm not sure yet. I'd still like to confirm the rumor first and figure out what it entails for Sam. My mass hysteria was yesterday, tyvm.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                        And "slow" is in the mind of the beholder. I dont think it's slow if a few hours go by without a post. Some of us have jobs that don't allow us to post to fan sites. Instead of complaining that you think it's slow, just give us something to thunk about, McKay or David.

I'm not picking on you, there are others who also complain about "slowness".

Also, I just thought of this, you have to take into consideration where the people are posting from. You may think "where is everybody?" when in fact they're sleeping as well as taking in account work time.
                        Well, I think Rose and everyone else who ever posted this "Why is it so quiet here" question (including me one or two times) is well aware of the time zones and the fact that people have to work etc. And I don't think that question is really a complaint or derives from ignorance or disrespect. It's more stating the mere fact that there are some threads on this board which are much more active than this one although there aren't so many more regular thunkers on those other threads. We could argue if this is important at all, personally I don't care so much if the thread is on page one or two because it's big and known enough to jump back to page one regularly, it's in no danger to fade and vanish. Never.
                        Yes, this board is a hobby and everyone has more important things in his life than this thread, but I don't think anyone here questions that. But I don't mind the "where is everybody" question, it surely isn't meant as an accusation. I guess it's more this "waking up the thunkers who actually could thunk right now to show other people on this board that the Hewlett love is blooming" thing!

Originally posted by Mcalex22
                        Arlessiar, vielleicht kannst du das Dvd oder den Boxset als ein Weihnachtsgeschenk erhalten. I know a couple of people who are asking their families for the SGA dvds for xmas!
                        I love it when you write in German! Yes, I already thought about asking for it for christmas, but I worry if my parents will buy the right thing then.

Originally posted by Tracker
                        Happy Halloween to everyone who celebrates this day! We don't, although it's something like a new trend here for a few years now, some people and children celebrate it. I don't like it, because it's not the real thing. It's funny in the USA, not here, where people do it only halfheartedly.
                        Is Halloween also a holiday in Canada? I bet Rodney would have hated Halloween but was forced by his parents to dress up and go out to socialize, and then he complained constantly about this silly way of spending one's time, the sweets being the only positive thing about it. Or maybe he invented some really bad tricks and was feared throughout the whole neighbourhood, so that everyone had masses of sweets ready especially for him, so that he wouldn't pull a trick on them!
                        I wonder what kind of costume he would have chosen!?

Bye, A.
                        ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                        ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Okay, enough words, time for some pics!

Originally posted by McAlex22
                          Yep Arlessiar, David's a trooper - working when he's still sick. Awwww... According to Martin Gero, he lost 4 pounds while filming that epi coz of the big hot spacesuit with little ventilation.
                          Wow, four pounds! Did I already call him a poor woobie?

Here are two pics of Spacesuit!Rodney. I think in the first one you can see that's he's not exactly feeling well.

Bye, A.
                          ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                          ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                            Is Halloween also a holiday in Canada? I bet Rodney would have hated Halloween but was forced by his parents to dress up and go out to socialize, and then he complained constantly about this silly way of spending one's time, the sweets being the only positive thing about it. Or maybe he invented some really bad tricks and was feared throughout the whole neighbourhood, so that everyone had masses of sweets ready especially for him, so that he wouldn't pull a trick on them!
                            I wonder what kind of costume he would have chosen!?

Bye, A.
                            Yes, we have Hallowe'en here in Canada, but as you can see, we spell it slightly differently. Probably because it originally derives from "All Hallow's Eve". ::shrug::

Rodney's a geek, so he probably would have worn something appropriately "geeky" for Hallowe'en.
                            Proud Canadian and army wife!

Comment

Originally posted by mcalex22
                              Arlessiar, vielleicht kannst du das Dvd oder den Boxset als ein Weihnachtsgeschenk erhalten.
                              Oooh - German! Totally off topic, but...

Ich studiere Deutsch, denn mein Mann und ich, wir umziehen nächtes Jahr nach München und wir wohnen drei Jahre da. Mein Mann ist Ingenieur mit dem "Canadian Forces" und er wird bei der Pioneerschule in München arbeiten.

(Forgive my imperfact German, but I'm still learning! I start full-time German language training with my husband in three weeks - I'm very excited! )
                              Last edited by Caylynn; 31 October 2005, 09:30 AM.
                              Proud Canadian and army wife!

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                                Here are two pics of Spacesuit!Rodney. I think in the first one you can see that's he's not exactly feeling well.
                                http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...spacesuit1.jpg
                                You're right. He does look flushed and sweaty.
                                And those words absolutely don't bring non PG thoughts to my mind. Nope

I can see Rodney wearing a ghost costume. You know, the white sheet one with only two holes for your eyes. He could have felt at ease hiding under it.
                                I bet he was afraid of getting candy with citrus in it but I can see him being competitive about having the more treats possible!

Aurore

Comment

Working...
                                X