Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wordsmit2
    Hm, giant snake movie or football? Or 24-hour marathon of "A Christmas Story"? I think...giant snake movie.

Actually, I like it. --Not the snake movie marathon, the unconventional choices in programming. Sometimes a viewer just needs something different from what everybody else is showing.

I remember the week of September 11, 2001 The Sci-Fi Channel showed the Lexx episode "Brigadoom". I needed that.

I think TVLand also stuck to their usual schedule.
    Thanks for the PM, it's done. Odd thing to ask...

You know you are right on the programming IMO and sorry off-topic but sometimes Christmas themed shows are too much for me to handle, of course in Australia we don't have that many because most of the overseas shows that have Christmas episodes are actually screened in May-July here (our major ratings period tends to be around then) we get a lot of Christmas episodes showing up at the oddest times. As for local shows they are mostly on hiatus over our Summer so we don't tend to get a lot of them having Christmas themes either.

Hmm, I know when the "London bombings" happened one channel here stuck to it's normal programming and got a lot of hate mail and bad press for doing so.

The Defiant One (that cap)

Hot Zone...This is as close to the Quentin Tarantino *No Purpleyin I haven't forgotten* look I ever want to see Rodney/David get.

I'm still alive and I don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
      Hot Zone...This is as close to the Quentin Tarantino *No Purpleyin I haven't forgotten* look I ever want to see Rodney/David get.
      does that mean you've thought summat I've thought

hey all
      dunno if i posted yesterday on here....my comps screwed as well as me being busy lat few months...so I FINALLY made it back WOOOOOOO

Zelenka for regular Season 3!! More Lorne!!! Whumping and Thunking my way along! I'll be in the bar! sig thanks to crazybitchqueen on LJ

Comment

Hullo all,

Enjoying some chill out time on this Friday night!

You want to re-think that? LJ is one of the most subscribe to sites on the internet! Just because you think you are sharing with *friends* doesn't mean that loads of *others* ain't sharing too.
        Hehe, I think I was slightly misunderstood! It's just since I started this LJ-ing thing, I find that there's a healthy respect for each other and a lot more... can't think of the word... but it's different. Besides I can always lock a post so that only "friends" can view it.

But a lot of things in LJ are hidden - unless I tag something, it's easy to lose an entry. Heck before I learnt how to tag my blogs, I wasn't able to track what I post! I don't mean to insult anyone here in GW, but there are certain rules in LJ that people adhere to that I sometimes get very annoyed here in GW...

But I've been really lucky so far - I haven't had any bad comments and I've been able to have more rational and level discussions with others without it escalating to uh, not so nice words!

And you meet very interesting people when you have a blog! Eg, I just found out that one of my LJ friends owns the JFnet site! And she made a funny comment about not knowing what was there even though she was responsible for it!

I know what you mean about public... Still, having me in a pic is hardly going to increase everyone's enjoyment and I'm not as brazen as some... at least not here in GW!

I get the feeling "quite pretty" is your sock standard answer when you are not sure, you used the same expression for Jane a while back.
        Oh no! I really meant she was pretty! Do I use that term a lot???

Jane is not just pretty; she also comes across as intelligent, quite aware of things and friendly. I didn't speak to her much but I did greet her a couple of times. Actually I think she's almost like a female David, except cuter! As for 'maybe-Kate-candidate', yes, I agree with you, it's the eyes... I looked and wondered. Gosh, there must be good genes in that family if it is indeed Kate!

Ooh I went to Reedfem's website (is that what you call them?) and she has a very nice collection of DH interviews and other SGA ones in one interview I read David made a comment about not being able to be Macho because he has so many sisters (5), I thought that was adorable. EDIT: Still on interviews and Kate he also mentioned Kate wanted to go into acting and he said "she better not be more talented than me". lol

Sorry can't link as she (Reedfem) seems to like naked men *a lot*
        Oops, I forgot that bit. That's probably why I didn't link it either... Ahem, they are quite artfully/tastfully done!

Funny eh? DH has 5 sisters and PM has 4 or 5 brothers but no sisters!

Anyhow, here are some Rodney pics...

Some more from the Hive (I consider them all spoilers):
        http://pics.livejournal.com/mcalex22/pic/0004tw1s (left handed as noted by Watcher) but I can't say more...

http://pics.livejournal.com/mcalex22/pic/0005ydw7

http://pics.livejournal.com/mcalex22/pic/0005p29b (hands and mouth galore)!

Take care,
        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by mcalex22
          Hehe, I think I was slightly misunderstood! It's just since I started this LJ-ing thing, I find that there's a healthy respect for each other and a lot more... can't think of the word... but it's different. Besides I can always lock a post so that only "friends" can view it.I don't mean to insult anyone here in GW, but there are certain rules in LJ that people adhere to that I sometimes get very annoyed here in GW...
          You haven't been on LJ long have you? There are plenty I mean plenty of questionable practices and posts check out the anti-slashers, Wow they are scary.
          ... at least not here in GW!
          Well if you don't like it here! j/k.
          Oh no! I really meant she was pretty! Do I use that term a lot???
          Heehee, don't mind me you know I love to stirr.
          Oops, I forgot that bit. That's probably why I didn't link it either... Ahem, they are quite artfully/tastefully done!
          Taste is in the eye of the be-holder but yes mostly tasteful. *not that I looked*
          Funny eh? DH has 5 sisters and PM has 4 or 5 brothers but no sisters!
          Paul has 1 sister he is the second youngest. I believe the *poor* sister is the youngest.

EDIT: For the record no I don't believe David looks like QT but Purpleyin once made that remark and shocked the living daylight out of me! I still don't see it not really.

Rodney in the Burnt Orange or is it Red? Either way I think the colour suits him.

Last edited by Willow'sCat; 23 December 2005, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
            And here was me thinking that British people are so very polite...
            Polite?! You have got to be kidding...
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
              *rolls eyes heavenward, sighs, and mutters a few chioce words *

My earlier post was meant to be a joke. It's in reference to a top Brit sit-com called "Only Fools and Horses", which revolves around the mis-adventures of dodgy wheeler-dealer Derek "Del Boy" Trotter and his rather gormless younger brother, Rodney.
              I got it but wow I didn't think to respond and I haven't been here since. I love Only fools and horses.

But Arlessiar is right you can't expect everyone to get every reference on an international forum. You plonker. And this is a Rodeny McKay discussion thread not a make Off-topic silly jokes.

Comment

Hiya all! Me again with some more Treed Murray. BTW, I have been careful about not posting spoiler pics for those who haven't seen the movie. As you know he is in a tree just from the title, showing him in the tree is not a spoiler!

Laid back in the tree...

Smug and smiling...

Cute and smiling...

Also cute and smiling...

More in next post!

Mahlia
                Mahlia Belonn

Comment

More Treed Murray pics...

Cute

Also cute...

Looking worried and defeated...

Nice closeup...

Enjoy

Mahlia
                  Mahlia Belonn

Comment

Originally posted by MahliaBelonn
                    Hiya all! Me again with some more Treed Murray. BTW, I have been careful about not posting spoiler pics for those who haven't seen the movie. As you know he is in a tree just from the title, showing him in the tree is not a spoiler!
                    Well that is considerate but not necessary since it is neither a new film or SG related. I haven't seen it, so what region do you have? R1 assume as I still think it is unavailable on R4.

Love the "cute and smiling"

Comment

Hi people! Damn, it's already 1:40am here but I couldn't resist and had to take a short look at my favourite thunk thread. I drove home today and spent the whole evening decorating our Christmas tree and wrapping presents and now it's too late for some good thunking.
                      But I read through all the latest posts, and I wanted to say thank you Mahlia for the new Treed Murray pics and thanks Alex for writing about reedfem's journal and the pic of this woman who might be one of David's sisters! I looked at that pic and I also think that it's more than possible that this is Kate. In any case a beautiful and very friendly looking woman.

I really need to go to bed now. Hope I'll manage to drop by tomorrow.

Smile for me, Rodney. Yeah, that's good, very nice:

Bye, A.
                      ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                      ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

'Tis ofiicially Christmas and all through the Thread,
                        Not a Thunker is stirring, nor raising her (his) head.
                        All the pixels are stored in their little coded bits
                        As PhotoBucket rests from the thousands of hits.
                        Sales of Treed Murray and Nothing have soared
                        While Amazon rejoices at the oncoming hoard.

You guys can finish it.

C'mon! You know you want to! Poke that poetry muse in you and get rhyming!

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole. Poetry and me parted company a long, long time ago. That was very good Party.

I'll touch this...any day.

"Duet" may contain possible spoilers.

Rodney and the Wine.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...t/977e4442.jpg

Cheers.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...t/ec7a0fc7.jpg

Casual Rodney.

Comment

I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole. Poetry and me parted company a long, long time ago. That was very good Party.
                            Fine, another verse to get the ball rolling....*g*

Away in Atlantis, in a lab, in the dark,
                            McKay is still working, too tired to snark!
                            When John comes to tempt him with Holiday nog
                            (Compliments of Zelenka who had a still back in Prague).
                            With the promise of chocolate and a bit of convincing
                            The team's soon singing carols (hey, you, stop that wincing!).
                            Last edited by PartyLikeIts1984; 23 December 2005, 10:53 PM.

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

Originally posted by PartyLikeIts1984
                              Fine, another verse to get the ball rolling....*g*

Away in Atlantis, in a lab, in the dark,
                              McKay is still working, too tired to snark!
                              When John comes to tempt him with Holiday nog
                              (Compliments of Zelenka who had a still back in Prague).
                              With the promise of chocolate and a bit of convincing
                              The team's soon singing carols (hey, you, stop that wincing!).
                              Well your very good.

Rodney is enjoying it.

Comment

I LOVE your SGA Christmas poetry, Party, that's sooo funny!
                                I'd love to join in, but I really have no time for that today. Maybe I'll think about a verse tomorrow.

Merry Christmas/Happy Chanukka, folks!

Also to David Hewlett: Wherever you are, I hope you'll have a wonderful Christmas time with all your loved ones and get many cool presents!

Bye, A.
                                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X