• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mmmmmmmmmmm....wonderful piccys there Alex

*thunks*
    sigpic

Comment

Purple: I love the vid. So nice and poignant. I love that song, or whatever it is. They played it at my graduation. The clips are so perfect. <3!

Here are some pics I took of of it:

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

Originally posted by mcalex22
        I certainly hope David's good humour shines through when I see him (because you can bet your bottom dollar, I'll be the speechless gawking fangirl semi-drooling!)...
        Ooh not long to go now! You must be getting all excited. Somehow I don't think you will be the only speechless gawking fangirl semi-drooling!

Comment

It's dawned on me recently that Watcher was right - Torri does have a more Canadian twang - I think I hear it a lot. But David definitely doesn't sound anymore Canadian then Joe. Hugs, Alex
          I agree about Torri...I definately hear her accent peak through. As for DH, well, sometimes certain words really jump out at me and I think "Canadian." For example, when he says "sorry." It always sounds more like "sore- e"....heavy on the o instead of the r.

Reminds me of my first fangirl crush....Jonathan Crombie AKA Gilbert Blythe from the Anne of Green Gables movies which are Canadian made. * sighs* he was such a cutie! He always said "sore-e" too.

And nobody probably knows what I'm talking about which makes me sound nuts!
          Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
          :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
            Watcher652 - pic spam again? Wonderful!
            Love that profile pic from Nothing, it's adorable!
            Wow, I post 10 caps and only one gets thunked on. Hmm, maybe I'll just keep these to myself and hand them out more carefully. At least my caps make me smile.

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

It's dawned on me recently that Watcher was right - Torri does have a more Canadian twang - I think I hear it a lot. But David definitely doesn't sound anymore Canadian then Joe.
              I actually hear an accent when Joe speaks, but not when David speaks. I haven't quite placed what kind of accent Joe has. Maybe he just has a distinctive speaking style.

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
              I agree about Torri...I definately hear her accent peak through. As for DH, well, sometimes certain words really jump out at me and I think "Canadian." For example, when he says "sorry." It always sounds more like "sore- e"....heavy on the o instead of the r.
              As I've said before, the only things I think are said "Canadian" by Rodney is Zed and "bean" for "been" instead of "bin". Rodney's "sorry" doesn't sound Canadian to me, it just sounds like David.

Hmm, now that I think about it, in the movies and TV shows I've seen, David never speaks in any accent other than his own.

Since we're talking about accents, let me make a slight detour and talk about another actor on the show. I had a nice little conversation with Paul McGillion about accents at DragonCon. Dialects are one of Paul's talents.

To me, Paul doesn't speak with a "Canadian" accent either when he's not the Scottish Dr Carson Beckett. I know both David and Paul are from the East Coast of Canada and I wondered if the West Coast had a different accent, just like in the US. Paul assured me that it certainly did. What Americans think of as a Canadian accent is actually a regional accent from the middle of the country. Personally, that's why I think people from Minnesota sound "Canadian".

Also, Paul said he grew up near the American border, so that's another reason he doesn't sound "Canadian".

David Nykl doesn't sound Canadian to me either when he's not being Czech. Maybe they've all learned to lose any regionalism when they become actors so it makes them available for more roles.

Oops, that was 2 detours. Sorry about that.

If I was at that Austrailian convention that David, Paul and David Nykl are attending, I would love to have all 3 of them on stage discussing accents and speaking styles used when acting. I think that would be a marvelous conversation to listen to.

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                Wow, I post 10 caps and only one gets thunked on. Hmm, maybe I'll just keep these to myself and hand them out more carefully. At least my caps make me smile.
                Oh I love your caps, it's just sometimes GW posting gets too much for me and I fail dismally to give support and encouragement. So here have some support and encouragement!

*insert my support and encouragement here*

Comment

When I was learning German, I had the same issue as you - I couldn't differentiate between the Swiss, Austrian and German accents. My teacher was actually Austrian and my then boyfriend was German. He used to comment about the German accents not being German when we went to movies together! So I can completely understand what you're saying.
                  Cool, you speak German! I was already wondering because you mentioned your German a few posts earlier - now this post explains a lot!

And about all the German accents and dialects - I'm from Germany's north where we speak 'High German', also called standard German (I'm very happy about that. ), so I can easily hear different dialects. Some I like, some I dislike. For example, some people here say "The Bavarian dialect isn't a language but a sickness" (no offense to any Bavarians here!). And the Swiss and Austrian accents are - hm, let's just say 'very unique'.
                  I certainly hope David's good humour shines through when I see him (because you can bet your bottom dollar, I'll be the speechless gawking fangirl semi-drooling!)...
                  Did I already tell you how much I envy you?? No? Well, I do envy you very much!
                  Wonderful pics, especially this one! Ah, and you get closer and closer to the 200!
                  Originally posted by GateTrippin'
                  Reminds me of my first fangirl crush....Jonathan Crombie AKA Gilbert Blythe from the Anne of Green Gables movies which are Canadian made. * sighs* he was such a cutie!
                  Oh, I was such an Anne fan! I read the books over and over again, and I really liked the TV series (although I didn't have a crush on JC ). I sooo wanted to visit Prince Edward Island then!
                  And now that I'm a fan of David I want to visit Vancouver.

Bye, A.
                  ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                  ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

O.K I was in the mood to read the DH interview Hmm, I feel sorry for Paul. I love the way it started (oddly given it was German) with the Dr Who reference. He can hide behind the couch and watch Dr Who with me anytime, of course not sure how much Dr Who would get watched. *I can dream*

Pics um old ones but well I feel like posting pics.

To Celebrate Grace Under Pressure. Old school Rodney.

Pocket sized Rodney *tiny happy Rodney* *Squee*

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                      Oh I love your caps, it's just sometimes GW posting gets too much for me and I fail dismally to give support and encouragement. So here have some support and encouragement!
                      Oh, I don't need the support. I support David. All those profile shots and not one peep about his cute nose! Or his long lashes. Or his ears. Or all his different expressions.

He looks adorable in that cap from Joe's Wedding.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Well as long as there is an en-suite! Hmm, with bath.
                        It's right next door to his Bedroom

I miss the Sims Rodney has a HUGE house there with 13 rooms all downstairs (I'd make an upstairs but I don't know what to put there )

sigpic
                        Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                        Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

To Celebrate Grace Under Pressure. Old school Rodney.

Is it me or does he look really old in that pic?

sigpic
                          Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                          Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

No, please continue posting them!!! I love all your caps, sometimes it's hard to comment on all of them. But I can assure you - you are my picture goddess and your pics make me smile, too! And it's always good to see the thread full with Rodney/David pics, that's gives me the true 'thunky' feeling!

WATCHER652 - Rodney loves it that you provide so many great pics of him for his fangirls!!!

[fangirl mode]
                            *sigh* Rodney/David is so cute!!
                            [/fangirl mode]

I actually hear an accent when Joe speaks, but not when David speaks. I haven't quite placed what kind of accent Joe has. Maybe he just has a distinctive speaking style.
                            Haha, I might get shoes thrown at me for that, but for me Joe has a typical American accent. I couldn't say from which part of the USA, definitely not the East Coast and not the South/Bible Belt area, but he's definitely different from the rest of the main cast and sounds as if he's constantly chewing gum for me! *ducks and runs*
                            As I've said before, the only things I think are said "Canadian" by Rodney is Zed and "bean" for "been" instead of "bin". Rodney's "sorry" doesn't sound Canadian to me, it just sounds like David.
                            The different pronounciation of "ZPM" and "ZedPM" in the pilot was the first thing that made me notice the whole "different accents" thing on the show and the discussion about it. It's funny, because I learned British English in school and we learned to say "zed" too, so Rodney's way of saying ZPM sounded completely normal for me and I was wondering what O'Neill didn't understand!

Bye, A.

Comment

O.K I was in the mood to read the DH interview
                              I love the way it started (oddly given it was German) with the Dr Who reference.
                              Well, there are actually many Doctor Who fans in Germany. Wish they would show it on TV here, want to see it too.

McKay'sgirl - great bathroom! Biiiig! Love the rubber ducky!

Bye, A.

Comment

mcalex22, your sig's middle picture has an interesting role reversal: Sheppard eating while McKay poses too cool for words.

Reminds me of a post someone made some months ago suggesting there should be an alternate universe episode featuring a geeky Sheppard and military McKay.
                                Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Working...
                                X