Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueeyes
    Well, I did avoid doing housework by watching teh Hewlett. Soooooo worth it.

*tempt tempt tempt*

*quivering lip*
    But.... but, I'm meant to be saving it for next weekend; for between my work!!!
    *makes strangled noise at conflicting motivations, trying to stop hand reaching for dvd case....*
    MUST WORK!
    Leaving GW now, until I've read 4 chapters speed reading on said case study, for the sake of my degree.

Should probably just straight down turn of my computer so gmail notifyer doesn't distract me with 'ooh, you have a new emal!'

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
      This page doesn't have any caps yet. More from Letters from Pegasus, just from one scene. Let's have some happy McKay. So atypical, but he hasn't had any sleep for 3 days and he just had a one sided therapy session with himself for an hour, so maybe that explains it
      When he said he had hardly had any sleep in three days it kind of reminded me of his appearance in 'Redemption' when he was yelling at everyone that he hadn't slept in days. But his attitude was totally different.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
        When he said he had hardly had any sleep in three days it kind of reminded me of his appearance in 'Redemption' when he was yelling at everyone that he hadn't slept in days. But his attitude was totally different.
        Good catch - never noticed that similarity. Must rewatch Redemption sometime to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
          No engineer looks at a television remote control without wondering what
          it would take to turn it into a stun gun.

Actually, to that end I'd like to make a small request to those of you who screencap. I'm looking for a couple of good shots of a ZPM. As an engineer wanna-be with an artistic bent, I'm planning on making a small one to go with a Rodney Bear I'm putting together. I've got an idea how to do it... I've got lots of useless clear plasticy bits lying about and with an x-acto knife, modeling glue, LED and battery, I think I could get a decent replica done up. I'll post pics when I'm done if y'all would like.

I figured I'd ask here since usually the ZPM would be with Rodney....
          Well McKay_Daily had nice caps from
          Spoiler:
          Brotherhood
          which show him holding one with good amount of detail - oddly it wasn't lit up though...

Otherwise that scene from Home with Rodney/fake Rodney where it was on the desk and also some Childhood's End caps should show enough detail. Can't help with providing any caps since those early ep's I am missing copies of for now but sure somewhere has them.

Comment

From what I recall DH saying was that he doesn't ad-lib because he feels that it's disrespectful to the writers....

I could be wrong about this however.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
            Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

What? Another page? Ok, more caps from Letters from Pegasus.

Such a cute nose.

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I can't believe there's not some organized online chat during and after the episodes air. Isn't there? When cyberline had that radio interview with DH online, the chat room was filled with excited SGA fans and it was a blast to listen to the live interview and discuss it at the same time. I watch SGA 'with' my girlfriend who lives several states away and that makes it even more fun than watching it alone. Especially since we're both mad for Rodney and adore all the McKay Shep byplay. An organized chat w/ even more fans would be soooooo fun.

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird
                  I can't believe there's not some organized online chat during and after the episodes air. Isn't there? When cyberline had that radio interview with DH online, the chat room was filled with excited SGA fans and it was a blast to listen to the live interview and discuss it at the same time. I watch SGA 'with' my girlfriend who lives several states away and that makes it even more fun than watching it alone. Especially since we're both mad for Rodney and adore all the McKay Shep byplay. An organized chat w/ even more fans would be soooooo fun.
                  I wish I'd heard about the cyberline interview/chat.
                  Well we'd need to meet at a chatroom - any suggestions?
                  Anyone here a member of Yay McKay yahoogroup, because they have a chatroom....

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird
                    See I didn't know about that either

Don't suppose anybody got a transcript??

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                      See I didn't know about that either

Don't suppose anybody got a transcript??
                      See here
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=415

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                        It is *definitely* worth the money.

Nothing has got to be both the strangest and one of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in a long, long time.

A tip for anybody buying off Amazon though...

I got my DVD's within a week (I'm in Austalia and ordered from Canada) by combining on postage with a friend.

We bought a copy each of Nothing, Treed Murray and another movie (would have bought Cube and Century Hotel too but can get them cheaper from ebay) and opted for the faster postal method (name escapes me). Even though it costs more, if you split the difference it isn't that much and it means you'll be watching David in a week or so rather than waiting 6 weeks.

Definitely worth it!

That is, if you can find somebody to combine postage with. Even if they are just in the same general area as you and you have to post it on to them, it seems to wind up quicker and cheaper.

So buy David in bulk people!
                        AARRGGHH. I can't get Nothing or Treed Murray at present, will have to go hunting on Amazon. Have now got Cube, Cypher and Foolproof all sat on a shelf waiting... Up to my ears in work at present so it might be a week before I can get to them. Don't ya just hate when work interferes with McKay/Hewlett watching...?!

Good tip re the ordering, but unfortunately no-one I know is into sci-fi or David Hewlett, oh they SO don't know what they're missing, but might try to get a few folk interested in er just browsing amazon and see if they want to order anything...
                        McKay, "I'm not sure I can fix this."
                        Grodin, "You can fix anything."
                        McKay, "Who told you that?"
                        Grodin, "You did. Several times."

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                          Well my housemates watch and all but they don't seem to be very attached to any characters - they thought it was odd BIS could practically bring me to tears!

And none of them would squee/thunk over David even if they were a fan because they are all heterosexual males. Ah, why didn't I live in a house with at least one other female? I just get surrounded by my male friends who can't appreciate certain things - like David! ;(
                          Purpleyin and other squee/thunk -ers, I SO have the same problem. I just don't get the same reaction out of my dogs when I squee, and all my girl friends are just not into sci-fi and tend to favour the more stereotypical male lead anyway, the only boy friend into sci fi is not the type whose sympathetic to squee-ing anyway. Sigh. I'll be following that discussion about on line chat groups me-thinks...

Comment

Originally posted by Cassiopeia
                            AARRGGHH. I can't get Nothing or Treed Murray at present, will have to go hunting on Amazon. Have now got Cube, Cypher and Foolproof all sat on a shelf waiting... Up to my ears in work at present so it might be a week before I can get to them. Don't ya just hate when work interferes with McKay/Hewlett watching...?!
                            Can so sympthise there!

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                              This page doesn't have any caps yet. More from Letters from Pegasus, just from one scene. Let's have some happy McKay. So atypical, but he hasn't had any sleep for 3 days and he just had a one sided therapy session with himself for an hour, so maybe that explains it

McKay looks so cute and innocent in these caps.

Did anyone else notice that McKay's voice in lecture mode sounded so different from conversational McKay later in his message? It really didn't sound like McKay at all. Great vocal acting by David.

I just love these caps! Yep, how does he manage to change between cute and innocent look and all those other expressions??? There's never anything very obvious but wham, suddenly a whole different expression. Sigh. The talent of a great actor.

I actually nearly didn't pick up on the voice change thing in this episode, he had me so drawn into the whole message recording that I really hadn't realised that until you pointed it out. I did notice him do that same thing in The Brotherhood, while switching between
                              Spoiler:
                              talking to the 'bad guys' and talking to Allina
                              , but that whole recording was just so darn natural that I was just absorbed.... Sigh.

*gives little squee for the whole wonderful McKay effect*

Comment

This may have already been pointed out, but here goes anyway:

I'm sure the character, McKay, appreciates himself enough for all of you. (W)

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                                X