No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you say that McKay's relationship with Carter is more like his relationship with Sheppard or Zelenka (the insults, bickering and the constant competition)?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
      Would you say that McKay's relationship with Carter is more like his relationship with Sheppard or Zelenka (the insults, bickering and the constant competition)?
      If those are the choices then I'd say, hmmmmmmm....McKay's relationship with Carter is more like his with Sheppard. He mentioned Carter in an Atlantis episode and he went all glazed over talking about her, but I think he's changed quite a bit since his last encounter with her on SG1. I'm curious if he'd still be as snarky and irreverent with her.
      "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
      "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
      Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
      Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
      "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
      Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
      Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
      (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
        If those are the choices then I'd say, hmmmmmmm....McKay's relationship with Carter is more like his with Sheppard. He mentioned Carter in an Atlantis episode and he went all glazed over talking about her

What episode was that?
        thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Originally posted by Captain-Peregrine
          What episode was that?
          I think it was Childhood's End. And it was pretty funny, watching him talk about her, implying that there was a bit more to it (and mostly from her)... hehe

I tend to think he'd revert back to old habits around Sam, but... I dunno... I think he'd at least try and revert.

Comment

I think it was Childhood's end. At the beginning. I agree with him reverting a bit and getting all snarky w/ her and making dumb blonde comments. He might act different if his team was there. Acting like they have history or something but not pushing the issue so she doesn't say anything to counter him. I wonder what he would do if he found out... ~okay, I'm giving this spoiler space cause it has to do with the end of S8 of SG1 and I want to take note that it's an opinion that I"m aware that not everyone shares with me and I'm just throwing it out there for speculation on McKay~ now with that said
            Spoiler:
            I wonder what his reaction would be to carter and o'neill being together as a couple? Creating a scene here - Rodney talking to carter telling her about how it wouldn't work out cause he has to go back to atlantis and they need her at the sgc (carter rolling her eyes) and o'neill walks in and kisses her in greeting then looks at a wide eyed rodney and says "What are you kids talking about?"
            "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
            Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
              Spoiler:
              I wonder what his reaction would be to carter and o'neill being together as a couple? Creating a scene here - Rodney talking to carter telling her about how it wouldn't work out cause he has to go back to atlantis and they need her at the sgc (carter rolling her eyes) and o'neill walks in and kisses her in greeting then looks at a wide eyed rodney and says "What are you kids talking about?"
              I think he'd be extremely irritated and make snide comments about "dumb blondes" seeking out people dumber than they are so they can feel smart. And then something about how HE could stimulate her much more than "that guy" could... and then when someone makes the obvious joke about that, he'd get flustered and say he was talking about her MIND. "No, really! Not that I'm saying I wouldn't stimulate her in other ways, of course, because I would! I'd stimulate her in so many ways that, ah... But that's beside the point..."
              Last edited by ShadowMaat; 02 March 2005, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                I think he'd be extremely irritated and make snide comments about "dumb blondes" seeking out people dumber than they are so they can feel smart. And then something about how HE could stimulate her much more than "that guy" could... and then when someone makes the obvious joke about that, he'd get flustered and say he was talking about her MIND. "No, really! No that I'm saying I wouldn't stimulate her in other ways, of course, because I would! I'd stimulate her in so many ways that, ah... But that's beside the point..."
                I could totally see him stumbling over that! Stimulate. I think we need some pics to help stimulate the thread! Hmmmmm...lets see....

Comment

Images from geek-love.net, episode The Gift.

Ohhh!!! A little scruff McKay!
                  http://stargate-sg1.hu/atlantis/davi...SGA118_083.jpg

Three-way thunk!
                  http://stargate-sg1.hu/atlantis/davi...SGA118_090.jpg

Comment

And since we were talking about Sam and McKay.....(props to geek-love.net again)
                    http://stargate-sg1.hu/atlantis/davi...y_AG/S-044.jpg

Comment

Caps you say?
                      *Tries to dig out ones not posted here before*
                      Hmm, reminds me I need to cap more sometime soon. But then the Dvd's come out soon too.

And a merge of the pan shot kindly done by Patti

Comment

Purpleyin, have I mentioned today how much I love you? Thanks for the caps! I'd give you pts. towards another green jello block of love, but I gotta spread the love first.

Comment

I just wanted to express my McKay story. When McKay was on SG-1, I didn't like him. When I heard he was going to be on Atlantis I said "McKay?! Why Him?" Then one day I was watching Atlantis and had a realization, "Rodney...hmm...Rodney McKay is actually quite fun to watch and he's quite attractive".

So, now I am a McKay freak...

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                          Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Aargh, this thread was lurking three pages back, no fair.

Thanks for all the lovely screen caps, today is working up to being a loooonnnnggggg day at work so that certainly helps!

Have just seen 'The Seige part 1' and that cap of
                            Spoiler:
                            poor Rodney on the floor after his erm sudden descent ('Oh yes, that's permanent back damage')
                            really brought a chuckle to mind again.

By the way did anyone notice, he did that cute thing of his again...
                            Spoiler:
                            in the jumper. Grodin "Stand by", McKay "Standing by"...

Each performance I see from David Hewlett just impresses more, the emotion he portrays
                            Spoiler:
                            in the scene from the jumper when he's reporting about poor Grodin to Elizabeth, so much conveyed with so little, except depth of feeling and expression...
                            just brilliant acting.

Can't wait for The Seige part 2 and I don't know HOW I'm going to cope waiting for part 3 in the new season. Maybe the DVDs will help...
                            Last edited by Cassiopeia; 03 March 2005, 02:27 AM.
                            McKay, "I'm not sure I can fix this."
                            Grodin, "You can fix anything."
                            McKay, "Who told you that?"
                            Grodin, "You did. Several times."

Comment

Originally posted by Cassiopeia

Thanks for all the lovely screen caps, today is working up to being a loooonnnnggggg day at work so that certainly helps!

Spoiler:
                              poor Rodney on the floor after his erm sudden descent ('Oh yes, that's permanent back damage')

Spoiler:

Each performance I see from David Hewlett just impresses more, the emotion he portrays
                              Spoiler:
                              in the scene from the jumper when he's reporting about poor Grodin to Elizabeth, so much conveyed with so little, except depth of feeling and expression...
                              just brilliant acting.

Can't wait for The Seige part 2 and I don't know HOW I'm going to cope waiting for part 3 in the new season. Maybe the DVDs will help...
                              I haven't seen the ep. but I recently watched a vid. that somebody made using seige and OMG!!! I don't think I'll be able to watch it till the new season is ready to air. All I've seen are battle scenes and I was blown away. I might have to stick with fanfic to pull through on what happens to everyone.

And yes, David is a phenominal actor and I know so many people find McKay annoying but there is so much depth there! So many layers to peel through. He's snarky and malicious but so caring and concerned. It makes a person uncertain on whether you want to hug him or slap him silly or maybe a little bit of both.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassiopeia

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                                just brilliant acting.

Yes, wonderful and heartbreaking acting.
                                I chose those two caps because it's like the lighter and darker sides of the episode.

There should be some great caps for Seige Part 2 though, think someone must have posted some up here somewhere. I would make some but i'm holding back on my capping urges because of work and prefering to make more organised higher quality caps when the dvd's come out. I'm just itching to cap Suspicion, BIS and The Eye...the dvd's are so far away for those last two - May and June!

So look out for caps for the first few episodes, 4 on a dvd right, and it comes out march 14 in UK. Well that's only about 250 caps to redo (from beginning of Rising, and then hide and seek)....I'm sure it's not as bad as it sounds..I'm sure, really I am!

Comment

Working...
                                X