Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by watcher652
    (heehee when I first wrote that, my fingers typed co-hots!)
    LOL, well.. they are that too...

ETA: Back on this thread , someone posted a link to a site with a transcript of the show as well as screencaps which can be found here: http://www.stargatedanielfriendly.ne...tsrevealed.php

So you can give your fingers a rest
    Last edited by strivaria; 21 January 2005, 01:44 PM. Reason: Knew I was forgetting something.....

Comment

Would you like me to do some more?
      I for one would love for you to write more. Your descriptions are excellent. Very easy to picture David.

And *cough*maybesomedescriptionsofJoeinthatotherthunkthreadtoo*cough*.
      Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

I've just finished watching Cube for the first time... what an edgy film... David wasn't very chatty here, was he?

Here's pic of David... it's a nice shot... welll I think it is anyway...
        This is my first attempt so please let me know what I can do better next time..

sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
          Back on this thread , someone posted a link to a site with a transcript of the show as well as screencaps which can be found here: http://www.stargatedanielfriendly.ne...tsrevealed.php

So you can give your fingers a rest
          Oh, wow! That's exactly what I would have done if I had a web space and a way to get the show screen capped (I only have a vcr). Thanks for finding that.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother, since there are fans who have way more experience than me at this. I'm just an Atlantis obsessed fan, I really didn't watch SG-1 (gasp!). Ah, well, it was fun to watch David's bits over and over to check if I got the words and action right.

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Oh, wow! That's exactly what I would have done if I had a web space and a way to get the show screen capped (I only have a vcr). Thanks for finding that.
            No problem. I know what you mean... it's times like this when I want a Tivo. Especially when I find that I screwed something up and my tape that should have the behind the scenes thing is nothing but static.

That noise you hear is me banging my head on the desk.

Fer cryin out loud, I am a geek who used to set up comm lines from the user, through the frequency converters, modems, multiplexers and to the transmitter and antenna.... I'm surprised nobody's shown up to take my geek license away.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother, since there are fans who have way more experience than me at this.
            Well, there was a need for transcripts and since there weren't any up when you started, you jumped in and did a great job. And if it's any consolation... I like your action descriptions much better.

Comment

Ok, The Eye has aired in the US. I don't know what I'm allowed to say here, but I just want to say how brave and quick witted McKay was in this episode! It made my heart go out to him.

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
                And if it's any consolation... I like your action descriptions much better.
                I couldn't agree more
                The other transcript was good, but your action descriptions were much more detailed. Words are only half the story after all.

Looking at David's filmography it's shameful the amount of films I've seen featuring David and can't recall his performance.. I guess it's just a good excuse to rewatch those films.. like I needed an excuse!

Comment

Here are a few of my favorite Rodney/Aiden pics.

Liaison of F.O.R.D.
                  Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

Here's a nice bum shot of Rodney and Sheppard!

Liaison of F.O.R.D.
                    Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Aiden Ford

Yum!

These shots serve me well

Too bad I didn't have them when i was making my thunk vid (which I haven't put on the web yet).

DH has a starring role

Him and Shep are so cute together!

Comment

If someone could get some shots of David from the new Lowdown, I do believe he gave us a rather excellent buttshot.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          If someone could get some shots of David from the new Lowdown, I do believe he gave us a rather excellent buttshot.
                          Ooh!

I haven't seen the new lowdown yet unfortunately.

So that's defnitely something to look forward to

I notice JM still hasn't replied on the Q&A thread about the possibility of seeing *more* of Mckay...

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                            Too bad I didn't have them when i was making my thunk vid (which I haven't put on the web yet).
                            Oh, please do! Soon! Now would be nice. Right now. Please?

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                            it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                            It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                            And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                              Oh, please do! Soon! Now would be nice. Right now. Please?
                              Oh I will very soon.

I just haven't got the ftp passwords for my site yet (it is fairly new, given to me as an xmas present) and the file is a bit too large to upload the usual way.

So I'm thinking it should be up by tomorrow.

I've basically turned every thunk thread on the forum into a vid (it's a slideshow to music).

But it's not for the faint of heart

Even tho I firmly ship for Sam/Jack there are definite Slashy leanings...

Edited to add: I'll post on here (and maybe some of the other thunk threads too) as soon as it's up. There should be something for everyone...

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Aiden Ford

http://img162.exs.cx/img162/6489/johnrodneybums1sk.jpg

Heh, one of the infamous Shep!Boxer shots. That's going to be the next Where's Waldo craze... see if you can spot the peek-a-boo boxers on SGA.

Comment

Working...
                                X