No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well regarding DH's music preferences, I read an interview where he mentioned Moby... and a like for things of that nature. As far as Rodney's concerned, he's probably got things like They Might Be Giants, the Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack, Rush... maybe some David Bowie, Violent Femmes... 80's Brit pop/rock/punk. At least that's the kind of things the geeks I hung out with who are in the same age range listen to. As far as classical music's concerned, he probably has a few select and very complex pieces... not sure if he'd avoid the piano focused pieces or not given his childhood trauma. Also, given the fact that he's been working with an international crew (probably since Antarctica) he's come to enjoy a very eclectic mix of music from different countries too... you just can't spend a long time in a lab without music and of course everyone would bring their favorites to play in rotation.

But, that's just this geek's take on it.

Comment

Pointing!Rodney... in The Underground:

... and in The Gift:

... and in Trinity... not really all that spoilery since... well.. Rodney always points. :

Comment

how about some wet mckay
        sigpic

Comment

Being a piano geek, I can see him getting into Ben Folds and Ben Folds 5, maybe a bit of Rufus Wainwright. Otherwise, I see him liking the indie bands like Of Montreal, The Dandy Warhols, and Rhett Miller, and maybe a bit of Canadian rock, i.e. The Tragically Hip, and Armchair Cynics. In the perfect world, I'd love to see him rocking out the bands like Weezer, The Ramones, The Clash, The Kinks, a smattering of Me First and the Gimme Gimmes....definitely the Violent Femmes....

The geeks I know, myself included, like Guster, The Unicorns, The Shins, The Hoodoo Gurus, Keane, The Killers, and tons of other relative unknowns.

We should all make a McKay Mix CD, and post the songs. What do you think?

As long as we're on the subject of music...

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

Brilliant !

Check out this thread, it has a great Mckay sig
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=20934
            Last edited by Stricken; 06 December 2005, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
              Why not? I quite like them myself.
              I just don't think that this is the kind of music or lyrics Rodney would listen to.
              O.K you are trying to annoy me now, next thing you will say is he loves that Canadian ^&%$ Celine Dion.
              Nope, not trying to annoy you. I'm a huge SML fan myself and I think she writes very good songs Rodney might appreciate. Has nothing to do with the Canadian thing, that's just lame. And about CD: Personally I hate her music with a passion (no offense to any CD fans here). I also really don't think her music's something Rodney would listen to.
              Well it was more like 2.30 am than 6 am.
              Ooops, yes, your last post was around that time. I posted about that when it was around 6 am where you are and I counted from the moment in which I wrote my post, not from your last post. Sorry about that, I was a little groggy yesterday (gave blood and it didn't went so smooth this time).
              Originally posted by PartyLikeIts1984
              LOL!

Bye, A.
              ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
              ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by PartyLikeIts1984
                Being a piano geek, I can see him getting into Ben Folds and Ben Folds 5, maybe a bit of Rufus Wainwright. Otherwise, I see him liking the indie bands like Of Montreal, The Dandy Warhols, and Rhett Miller, and maybe a bit of Canadian rock, i.e. The Tragically Hip, and Armchair Cynics. In the perfect world, I'd love to see him rocking out the bands like Weezer, The Ramones, The Clash, The Kinks, a smattering of Me First and the Gimme Gimmes....definitely the Violent Femmes....

The geeks I know, myself included, like Guster, The Unicorns, The Shins, The Hoodoo Gurus, Keane, The Killers, and tons of other relative unknowns.
                I used to love ballads but a friend has recently gotten me obsessed with heavy metal and now I just love SlipKnot My sister thinks I'm weird cause I went from Westlife to SlipKnot overnight

sigpic
                Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

I wish I could post pictures but I am at college, and I am sufering from withdrawel *hint* *hint*

Comment

Nekkid Rodney!
                    sigpic

Comment

More nekidness!

sigpic

Comment

it is a trend...i started a tread
                        sigpic

Comment

Whats a tread?

sigpic

Comment

Loverly nekkid pics there

Thank you SO much for the pointing piccies, especially to Arlessiar and Strivaria

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                              I used to love ballads but a friend has recently gotten me obsessed with heavy metal and now I just love SlipKnot My sister thinks I'm weird cause I went from Westlife to SlipKnot overnight
                              Heh. Westlife to SlipKnot....I'm still trying to figure that one out....

The hardest rock I go for is, like, The Rolling Stones, or Blind Faith, but I have been known to *aquire* a heavy metal song here and there. I'm an indie punk rocker from my (once) purple hair to the checkered Vans on my feet.

To make this legal:

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

i couldnt really get into slipknot, probably because they seem to be the heavy metal band that all the try hards liked. kinda what korn and limp bizkit became for a while. it was cool to like them even though they had only heard 3 songs. one of my *loosely putting it* friends was like that, swore she loved limp bizkit but only liked Faith because it was 'her song' with her boyfriend. *rolls eyes*

But I'm not saying your a try hard or anything, just making an observation.

As for Rodney's cd collection:
                                ~I'd put some S&M in there *thats Metallica meets San Franscisco Symphony*
                                maybe: Call of Ktulu, Master of Puppets, Memory Remains, Devil's Dnace, Nothing Else Matters, Through the Never (just like stepping through the Stargate), Human, Outlaw Torn, Enter Sandman. Oh, and of course Sanatarium from Master of Puppets (the best Metallica song)

They're the only band i can think of who transcend generations so well. (as far as that genre)

Join the Neko Rebellion!!
                                http://sgr.hl2files.com

Comment

Working...
                                X