Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by watcher652
    He doesn't have to lose his snark or his superior attitude. But I think it could be tempered with his recent experiences and Carter would see the difference. I saw a difference in McKay's character just between 48 Hours and Redemption. It would be cool if Carter would bring up the same points. It would be wonderful if Carter would notice that McKay has found the art in his science and the humanity that was always there buried under his defenses.
    McKay is the best developed character in the entire show so far and that is coming from a huge Sheppard thunker ! I'm really enjoying the journey that the writers are taking him through. The bravado is still there but that boyish vulnerability is gradually penetrating through the facade. That wonderful chemistry he has with Sheppard too... I like the fact that he's shedding the snarkiness for more boyish enthusiasm.
    I really like the idea of a Carter/McKay pairing because it would be a great partnership of intellectual equals. Their relationship could be used to advance Ancient/gate research etc etc. It is one that makes sense anyway.
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

If anybody is up early enough and checking this thread, David's episode of ER, "Never Say Never," is airing on TNT at 11am ET on Tues Jan 11. It's even letter boxed.

Sorry I forgot to remind you all. Almost forgot about it myself.

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
        The bravado is still there but that boyish vulnerability is gradually penetrating through the facade. That wonderful chemistry he has with Sheppard too... I like the fact that he's shedding the snarkiness for more boyish enthusiasm.

I really like the idea of a Carter/McKay pairing because it would be a great partnership of intellectual equals. Their relationship could be used to advance Ancient/gate research etc etc. It is one that makes sense anyway.
        Carter is used to snark. She has to deal with O'Neill.

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

From the David Hewlett watch...

David's episode of ER, "Never Say Never," is airing on TNT at 11am ET on Tues Jan 11. Sorry for the late notice.
          Last edited by watcher652; 15 January 2005, 01:51 AM.

My kind of guy:

Comment

I'm putting this in spoiler space because not everyone has seen "Letters from Pegasus" at this point.

Spoiler:
            This was the most brilliant clip show I've ever seen. Loved it. I actually cried when everybody recorded their video messages. McKay was just lovely. Very sweet, especially what he said to his sister.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
            it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
            It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
            And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

If anybody is up early enough and checking this thread, David's episode of ER, "Never Say Never," is airing on TNT at 11am ET on Tues Jan 11. It's even letter boxed.
              I really want to skip class, now! Does it repeat soon?
              Liaison of F.O.R.D.
              Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

i just saw hot zone its a another great makay ep. did any one alse see it

Spoiler:
                for some reason makay is funny when he think he is going to die

Comment

Spoiler:
                  any one here seen hot zone i just saw it. i loved it when i frist heard about it i thought it would suck. my fav part is when makay think he is going to die and he is telling them to tell his sis that he die saveing kids. for some reason makay is funny when he thinks he is going to die
                  Last edited by lord-anubis; 14 January 2005, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                    I'm putting this in spoiler space because not everyone has seen "Letters from Pegasus" at this point.

Spoiler:
                    This was the most brilliant clip show I've ever seen. Loved it. I actually cried when everybody recorded their video messages. McKay was just lovely. Very sweet, especially what he said to his sister.
                    David was amazing in "Letters"... I laughed out loud everytime spoke on the Camcorder... he did well... A great comic turn...
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Auuughhhh! lord-anubis!

Hey, lord-anubis, not everyone has seen Hot Zone! You have posted a major, major plot point! If you have to ask then you know you need spoiler space. The US doesn't get to see the episodes after The Storm until Jan 21. Please edit your post. I don't want you to curb your enthusiasm but please think of others before you post. Sigh!

Thanks for being considerate, CoffeeGirl. Are you McKay's coffee, Daniel Jackson's coffee, or just your own?

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Aiden Ford
                        I really want to skip class, now! Does it repeat soon?
                        I don't think it would. I think TNT is running thru all the ER episodes in order. Sorry.

He was only in 3 scenes. The scenes lasted only about 3 minutes total, I'd say, all in the first half hour. The situation is talked about further into the episode, but you don't see him again.

It was a very sad situation and he had this heartbroken look in his eyes thru all of it. And his voice kind of broke on some of his lines. Made me want to cry.

On a trivial note, his hair looked very nice.

My kind of guy:

Comment

God I love Mckay! Each episode I watch I just love him more and more. And I think he's thunkable! Last night while watching Hot Zone, I had this desire to hug him repeatedly! Any pics from Hot Zone.

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl

Spoiler:
                            And the others bits with him were so funny too, like
                            Spoiler:
                            the message from the japanese scientist who works so hard to please him (what was he saying about the sandwich - did it have lemon in or was it just bad?) and so brave (foot cramp scene! wonderful). He really did so great with all his stuff there, the comedy and the touching bit. Was in tears nearly, either from his vulnerability or from laughing so hard. My favourite bit is when he mentions Carter - it so spoils my McWeir dream for now atleast but it was great because I like the McKay/Carter-ism

The whole ep left me feeling bouncy and as usual so much McKay in it, so bound to make me happy.

Comment

Thanks for being considerate, CoffeeGirl. Are you McKay's coffee, Daniel Jackson's coffee, or just your own?
                              It's my coffee but I'm willing to share with Mckay and Joshua Lyman of The West Wing. Okay, and Daniel Jackson too. But that's it. Maybe Dr. Weir. And Beckett. But that's it!

*sigh*

I'll never get any coffee now.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                              it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                              It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                              And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

You love my icon.

Comment

Working...
                                X