No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They look pretty good on my end! Not sure how everyone else's monitors are showing them...
    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
      And on the lack of McKay icons discussed, I have some GW suitable ones made including some for him - here on my livejournal - you have to scroll down past the normal icons, but I think McKay has the most avatars out of all the characters I made some for.
      Oh I love them thanks Purpleyin. I love that No52 one of Carson.

I guess what I meant was that people who haven't reach 1801 posts don't have a lot of Rodney to choose from on GW and even less if you compare it to John.

Oh I have modified the sig you did for me (hope that is O.K?) I love that thing. Oh I gave you feedback to those fanfics sorry I forgot to tell you. And Oops I kind of gave away part of the story before I realised and submitted. ( I was a little not sober ) It was also very brief but they seem to give really short reviews that aren't really reviews or feedback IMO so I did the same. Um I used the name WillowsCat or a variation that is my user name everywhere else but here. (out of the closet) Yes BIG Willow/Buffy fan.

Have you been reading the Australian con reports on Torri? She seems really sweet and everyone has had only nice things to say about her on the Calling all Australians thread. She does seem to bag David out though!

*wah! I want to see David*

Oh Alex I read your post in the Con section. Please don't stress over David at the con, just have lots of fun and ignore the fact you really like him.

Originally posted by watcher652
      Hey, how are my caps from Boa vs Python? Are they too light? I've been lightening them because the look really dark on my computer, but then I though it might just be my computer and maybe now they look overly washed out to everyone else.
      They look fine watcher, and at the moment I only have my old CRT monitor. Um, is it just me or does that long hair make him look a little old, I know I have said I don't like the long hair look but he seems so youthful on SGA with the short hair.

O.K I am ordering this film and Nothing on Wednesday.

Comment

No, I don't think Rodney is exaggerating about his allergies. And they've been pretty consistant on the program showing how careful Rodney is about eating food when he's off planet.
        One drop maybe wouldn't kill him right off, maybe it would take a mouthful.
        Hmm I don't know how careful he was when
        Spoiler:
        he scoffed down Wraith-laced food in The Lost Boys.
        He does tend to think with his stomach quite a bit.

Wouldn't it be funny if he DOES accidentally eat some lemon and gets a really annoying itchy rash and spends the entire ep going on about it? I get allergy rashes too so I KNOW they exist.

Aww poor Rodney, I'd be there to smear on the anti-itch cream for him, poor baby

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
        Um, is it just me or does that long hair make him look a little old, I know I have said I don't like the long hair look but he seems so youthful on SGA with the short hair. O.K I am ordering this film and Nothing on Wednesday.
        I agree, I'm not really into his long hair look myself. I did, however, think that it suited him in Nothing because of the character. Oh, and when you get the movie, could you PLEASE expain the ending after the credits to me? I lent the DVD to my friend and she tortured her sister with it, but that's OK, they're SGA fans.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Gosh I was so happy to see all the pics and discussions when I logged on! Really really great and interesting stuff going on...

It's too hard for me to quote everyone but I wanted to say I adore the pics, the discussions and everything. When Watcher mentioned the David Nykl and snorkelling bit, I laughed and pictured David in a wetsuit.

Did someone else suggest it was dangerous or was it just me? It's quite safe actually, not counting the blue bottle jelly fish!

I haven't seen his previous movies, but I am keen to see Nothing now that I've heard very good reviews about it.

Oh and here are some pics from Duet:

And from Siege:

BTW, I got around to setting a rotating signature - 3 pics now. I love to play with Photoshop so it had more to do with playing than actual relevance to SGA or Rodney but there are many Rodneys in them.

If you notice them, tell me what you think.

Alex

Comment

Its like DH and JF are twins. They appear to be mimicing each other in you sig mcalex22.

Comment

Hey Alex love the new sigs.

The one with Joe in the shirt what is that from?
              Also hehe, you are using the coward pic, I left mine dark because I liked the idea of him hiding *in the dark*.

Oh and yeah the one from the special I guess? Um was Joe with David and was he deliberately mimicking David?

Comment

Originally posted by mcalex22
                Oh and here are some pics from Duet:
                It's my peek-a-boo Rodney!! Yaaaaaay!
                "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                  Hey Alex love the new sigs.

The one with Joe in the shirt what is that from?
                  Also hehe, you are using the coward pic, I left mine dark because I liked the idea of him hiding *in the dark*.

Oh and yeah the one from the special I guess? Um was Joe with David and was he deliberately mimicking David?
                  Howdy Rose, Howdy Unknownterra, Howdy everyone,

Glad you love the sigs. I was just checking out if they did the rotating thing and yes they did ! Thanks Rose and Arlessiar for the heads-up.

Let's see - the Joe in the shirt pic - that's from Farewell to Harry - he was a bit younger and someone made an icon of one of those pics in LJ which I use and I just loved the blending of the background and the contrast of the grey against brown. I guess I used it coz I wanted to practise masking in PS and after I'd done it, I wanted it as a siggie.

Rose, yes, I have seen your hiding Rodney pic - I love that pic - coz he just looks so utterly adorable in it. I lightened it and thought I overdid it but then the expression on his face was so woobie that I couldn't resist leaving it light.

The third pic is from the BTS clip - specifically the Wraith discrimination one. It's kinda funny coz all the cast were ask what they thought about the wraith and if they would date them.

Torri said, "Yeah, they're hot, I'd date a wraith..." and David said, "Yeah, in a second... I said I would date a female wraith!" and Joe pointed to himself and said, "Already have... they're picking on my floppy seconds!" They weren't sitting next to each other - I just masked and blended the scenes together!

Here's some pics from that clip - also known as the Lollipop moment:

I just realised while rewatching it that there is one of him petting a dog (doesn't look like his dog) in the background before Rainbow comes out and they start chatting.

Here it is:

Ta,
                  Alex

Comment

First, let me say this:

Congrats, Rose, on over

*** 2000 ***

posts! Whew! Cool!

So, Alex, the con is only a few days away now! You greet David from us? Hug him? Kiss him? Fall around his neck? Heck, just tie him up and drag him here!

Bye, A.
                    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                      But for Rodney, Trinity was supposed to be this big character driven piece where we were supposed to see this downfall. So we should have seen some change to him, only we didn't.
                      Spoiler:
                      After letting his ego almost kill him and his friend and blowing up 5/6 of a solar system
                      he should have been upset, unsure of his abilities, hesitant. And like I said, maybe he was feeling that a bit but the next two episodes (which happen in a short time frame) are very Rodney lite so we don't really see much. Then in Aurora he's back to his 'I can do anything, I'm the best scientist in the whole wide universe' attitude and throws out a line like 'what, don't you trust me?" in such a sarcastic way when a week- month tops- ago he had lost all the trust of Sheppard and Weir. Now he's throwing it around like it'd be a joke if they didn't trust him when we haven't seen him do anything to earn that trust back. It just seems to me like Trinity never happened in Aurora, or that he's blocked it out of his mind. It was supposed to be this great Rodney growth episode and they didn't let it happen.
                      I think that Rodney was very uncomfortable on the team in Instinct.
                      Spoiler:
                      John only really speaks to him once and that's to tell him he can't come with him. Rodney spends more time with Teyla and Carson.

Then John actually smacks Rodney upside the head. I don't think John has every laid a hand on him other than to grab him to get him out of harm's way. I mean no pats on the back or elbow in the ribs kind of things.

And what was Rodney doing waiting all by himself outside the building with John, Teyla and Ronon inside, probably discussing with the locals where to go look for the Wraith. That scene with Rodney annoyed at the kid served another purpose other than to show that Rodney really is frustrated interacting with kids. We already knew that and it had nothing to do with the furthering any plotline. But it did show was that Rodney was left by himself.

But after the events in Conversion, I think everyone saw how tenuous life is for everyone. Why spend your time holding a grudge or punishing someone? That's why in Aurora, the team felt so different. There was an ease there that wasn't there before.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by unknownterra
                        Hmm I don't know how careful he was when
                        Spoiler:
                        he scoffed down Wraith-laced food in The Lost Boys.
                        He does tend to think with his stomach quite a bit.
                        Ah, but you see
                        Spoiler:
                        Rodney knew that Ford knew about his allergies. So he trusted Ford not to poison him with citrus. But Ford betrayed him by feeding him the Wraith enzyme. Another reason why he called Ford a punk.

That's the only time he hasn't hesitated.

My kind of guy:
                        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Ah, but you see
                          Spoiler:
                          Rodney knew that Ford knew about his allergies. So he trusted Ford not to poison him with citrus. But Ford betrayed him by feeding him the Wraith enzyme. Another reason why he called Ford a punk.

That's the only time he hasn't hesitated.
                          He really shouldn't
                          Spoiler:
                          trust Ford after he wanted to kill him in Runner!
                          You'd think he would be a bit more cautious.

Comment

Ok, I only slept for a few hours but there's been so much going on, I'll reply to a few things the easier way:

Purpleyin - good to see you again! I'd like to taste that ice cream you mentioned!
                            Rose - I slapped myself because of this "Mom" thing. I learnt BE at school, but today I'm often switching to AE or just mix it up. I hate it because it's so inconsequent, but it happens again and again because I read so much AE on the net. And I was a little overtired yesterday.
                            Maybe I should just have written "Mama", as I call my mother.
                            Watcher652 - thanks for the "Boa" pics. They look fine I think, not too dark.

And concerning this allergy think: Yes, Rodney's a hypochondriac, but I think this citrus allergy might be real. Don't know how severe it really is, like some people said bad experiences might have made him overcautious, but I can imagine that this is a true ailment.
                            Luckily, like watcher said, the citrus acid that can be found in so many products isn't dangerous to him. And I think he's been pretty careful when he eats something on the show. I think he also trusts the persons who know about his allergy and seems to be more relaxed in their presence, knowing that they are possibly very attentive and considerate of his condition.

I just realised while rewatching it that there is one of him petting a dog (doesn't look like his dog) in the background before Rainbow comes out and they start chatting.
                            Thanks for those pics! DH and the dog - just sweet! And seeing them standing near the monorail is really funny, I've seen the Bridge studios via satellite on google map and you can see exactly where the place is they were standing at on these pics.
                            A little OT just for Alex:
                            Spoiler:
                            Do you think that's someone from the crew or maybe even Jane DH is talking to in the first pic?

Yay, I think I convinced my parents to give me the SGA boxset as a christmas present!

Bye, A.
                            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Here's some pics from that clip - also known as the Lollipop moment:

Here it is:
                              Rodney should really stop chatting up the girls or else he won't notice the Wraith that wants to go to lunch with him. Oh no, run Rodney!

Comment

How about some arms and watch?

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X