Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aurore
    Is there somewhere it's still available (and not changed without your permission, of course)? I love quizzes!

I think I've understood what you mean by "slash!mouth": it's the strange and cute way in which the left corner of his mouth slightly drops? I've been trying to name that particularity of Rodney for a while!
    You really don't want to know what I first thought when I read "slash!mouth" though I've been spending too much time in the slash section of Wraithbait, I'm afraid

Aurore
    Hah! Yeah, I got the joke after I posted it. I've been known to check out Wraithbait, but I seriously didn't catch the innuendo. What kind of teenager am I? Oh, lol.

I meant his mouth always looks like he's one of the smilies with the :/ or :\ mouths.

*snerk* Now my minds in the gutter.

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
      Here are some non spoilery caps from The Lost Boys. At least I consider them not spoilers. Let me know if you think they are and I'll hide them.

Not a happy camper.

Rodney really can pull at your heart strings, can't he?
      He pulls at mine in just about every episode. Funny how his eyes so often look brownish rather than blue in some caps. I love all those caps, btw. I don't think they're spoilery.
      I loved Rodney's line describing Sheppard:
      Spoiler:
      "Col. Sheppard? He's about--he's about so high? He has brown hair, a bit mushed. Could be termed as rakish." Rakish. Seriously. I have never heard one guy refer to another guy as rakish. That's slashy to me. I love the "a bit mushed". Shep's hair is so mushed. It's a sexy mush.

Shep pulls at my heartstrings too. They both do.

Comment

Originally posted by PartyLikeIts1984
        Hah! Yeah, I got the joke after I posted it. I've been known to check out Wraithbait, but I seriously didn't catch the innuendo. What kind of teenager am I? Oh, lol.

I meant his mouth always looks like he's one of the smilies with the :/ or :\ mouths.

*snerk* Now my minds in the gutter.
        I seriously didn't catch anything but the innuendo! I am always in the gutter when it comes to my boys.
        Originally posted by smushybird
        Maybe we're in the gutter but we're looking up at the stars.
        Yes and I am sure Oscar would love the idea of Rodney and John.

I just want to rec it because I know that a lot of people who get squicky around slash will never get around reading it which is a pity because it's incredibly well written, especially the dialogue between Rodney and John.
        The Taste of Apples
        Well I don't normally like too serious a take on my fic/slash but I might check it out. I do remember looking at it but I had just finished another lengthy serious fic of McKay/Beckett so I was not in the mood for more serious. Since it is a lazy Sunday I might have a look, cheers Aurore.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
          I seriously didn't catch anything but the innuendo! I am always in the gutter when it comes to my boys.
          Well, who can blame you when they're so pretty?

See the pretty?

You know, they do kind of bring it on themselves.

So, SG: A is starting to repeat on UPN (wo0t!), which is loverly, because I am cableless. Woe it me!

And Thursday I go to gollege where I will be cable-less and Wi-Fi-less.

Oh noes. *sniff*

And if Mr. Hewlett is lurking, then...well...hi...I guess. I'd like to go all weird and yell "omfg that roxors!" but I won't because I have dignity. Lots and lots. Oodles, you could say.

Comment

Well, who can blame you when they're so pretty?

See the pretty?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...trium/JR-1.png
            Oh yeah. *Drools* slips into the gutter.

See the gutter?

See the dignity? Again!

They can run but they can't hide.

Comment

Well, I'd love to help you out of the gutter and all that, but I'd probably just slip and fall in too. Whoops. Oh, look at that...I just did.

I'm watching epi numero uno right now. Shep's hair is on a roll. It's all "liek woah!" But then it's like "werd..."

Let's face it. Sheppard's hair is really a completly new organism, unseen in our galaxy, or the next. I think John and Ronon's hair will leave the show at the end of the second season to start a buddy-cop drama in primetime on CBS.

Oooh! Look at Rodney's slash!mouth....*smirk*

Comment

Originally posted by mcalex22
                Good morning everyone!

OMG, I finally saw Lost Boys and I can't believe I have to wait 4 months to see what happened... it's too good to discuss here... but I loved it!

BTW, here are some links to some caps...

Didn't want to spoil anyone:

Poor Woobie needs some comforting!

Woobie doing what he loves!

Well, I have some more links to show you all ---> next post.

Take care all,
                Alex
                Great pics Alex...and like I said in the Shep thread, I wonder if McKay would sign other things

Oh I know, I wonder if he would sign my geek blue shirt that I have
                sigpic

Comment

Yes and I am sure Oscar would love the idea of Rodney and John.
                  I think he would be pleased as punch. Wish he could know things are getting better. Somewhere out there, maybe he does.

Let's face it. Sheppard's hair is really a completly new organism, unseen in our galaxy, or the next. I think John and Ronon's hair will leave the show at the end of the second season to start a buddy-cop drama in primetime on CBS.
                  rotf. I think Koschka called Shep's mess 'the hair that ate Tokyo'. Speaking of which, if you're looking for humorous fanfic, I rec Koschka's stuff. It's at
                  http://www.oplnk.net/~mara/home.htm
                  There's one pre-slash fic that I think is funny and very sweetly romantic.

Comment

Awww. I love it when he lifts his chin like that. He has the cutest mannerisms.

(And if you're lurking, Mr. Hewlett, I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sorry. I can't help myself. Talent and good looks deserve to be admired, after all.)

I am still in love with Trinity and that we got to see
                    Spoiler:
                    Rodney apologize to John. Not to Liz. Not to anyone else. Just to John...whom he saved for last because it mattered more to him than any other. (That's my view of it and I'm sticking to it.) Has anyone noticed that those VHS tapes wear out really fast when you watch one scene a number of times?

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird
                      I am still in love with Trinity and that we got to see
                      Spoiler:
                      Rodney apologize to John. Not to Liz. Not to anyone else. Just to John...whom he saved for last because it mattered more to him than any other. (That's my view of it and I'm sticking to it.) Has anyone noticed that those VHS tapes wear out really fast when you watch one scene a number of times?
                      Hmm, no haven't noticed. Of course I don't have it on Tape. I am also with you on this interpretation of that scene. We do have a McKay/Sheppard thread! Two even.

I just finished watching The Lost Boys. I liked it a lot I didn't mind when the TBC came up. I want to wait for this conclusion I think it could be worth the wait.

Um back to McKay/Sheppard *sorry* I loved the
                      Spoiler:
                      part when John is talking to Rodney in the long grass. Rodney's apology and the way John touched his arm. I also thought it took John (& Rodney) a Long time to get back to the hideout (if it is a hideout?). Seemed like everyone else had gone back while waiting for John and Rodney to finish! There chat! *sorry again*
                      I really need to find that McKay/Sheppard thread.

Comment

Oh, sexy! Great slash!mouth going on, too.
                        No, I don't have fallen into the gutter: I was already there

I tend to like lengthy slash fics over PWP. I need lurve in my er, hot scenes ( ) and PWP often lack it.
                        I'm going to try to read some Sheppard/Weir today (instead of writing my fic).

Aurore

Comment

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...r/Rodney29.jpg

I tend to like lengthy slash fics over PWP. I need lurve in my er, hot scenes ( ) and PWP often lack it.
                          Aurore
                          Oh I like the lurve too. I find however in a lot of longer slash that Rodney gets whumped and not in a good way, that to me is a turn off in so many ways! I don't give a fig for canon so I want happy kind of well adjusted Rodney. I know it is a lot to ask for people get so OTT about the canon. *I don't mean any disrespect to fic/slash writers but you know it sucks sometimes*

Comment

Haha! Funny what different people see in a pic! Slash!mouth, wow!
                            This pic was a complete coincidence by the way. I was trying to make Zelenka pics, and I just clicked somewhere into the movie and there was Rodney! I just had to cap it because he looked so lovely!

And now I just have to say wow again: I've been gone for only one night and now there are nearly more new posts than in the last three days combined! And today of all days I don't have much time for GW! Have to leave again soon. *sobs*

Nice McShep talk by the way. I have to admit it, I like it too. I prefer McBeck, but McShep is also nice! Oh, the gutter... Maybe we should just have our desperately needed fangirl group therapy in the gutter, then it wouldn't be a problem to get us all together for it!
                            I still haven't seen "The lost boys" yet though, so I can't talk about the McShep moments in that one. I hope I can manage to watch it tonight (sleep's overrated anyway )...

Oh, and maybe we should continue that shipper talk on the McShep discussion thread. The thread surely wouldn't mind some traffic. It's been too quiet there for a long time.

McAlexx - thanks so much for the con pics! What a lucky fangirl. And a lovely, lovely Mr. Hewlett! I would even volunteer only to be the pen in his hand...*sigh*

Bye, A.
                            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Oh I like the lurve too. I find however in a lot of longer slash that Rodney gets whumped and not in a good way, that to me is a turn off in so many ways! I don't give a fig for canon so I want happy kind of well adjusted Rodney. I know it is a lot to ask for people get so OTT about the canon.
                              I've read several long slash fics where John is the one to get whumped and where Rodney is the one to put him back together, physically and psychologically. I wish I had noted down some of the titles!
                              IMO, Rodney is more well adjusted than John. John has a darkness in him that Rodney has not.
                              *I don't mean any disrespect to fic/slash writers but you know it sucks sometimes*
                              I'm not even going to comment on that sentence . In the gutter indeed!

Aurore

Comment

I'm not even going to comment on that sentence . In the gutter indeed!

Aurore
                                That is not what I meant and you know it!!

Comment

Working...
                                X