Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by watcher652
    According to the Forum FAQ, spoilers "contains plot info, surprise developments or character appearances, etc., for episodes in any current or future season". And that's what you posted.
    I think actually I was the one who originally posted the one-line synopsis of Grace Under Pressure (tho' Grace Under Pressure has been discussed here and in other threads without spoiler tags). I didn't realize the Forum FAQs had that requirement. (You know, this may be the only forum where I've really seen spoiler tags. At scifi.com, people generally just put "spoiler warning!") I apologize for posting plot info/character appearance info. I'll try to not do it again. Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by rac76
      Thanks for the picture of Toad McKay. I thought that when you kissed a frog or a toad that it would turn into a prince. This that right?
      In most cases that's right, but Rose is sooo ugly she made McKay turn into a toad!! Just be glad he didn't die from looking at that horrific face!
      Oh cr*p!! Didn't mean to say that Rose!! I was only joking!! I'm so sorry!! *hides*

sigpic
      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
        I hate spiders! I just suck them up a vacuum whenever I see one
        I used to do that but I was afraid they'd crawl back out again. I got three of these:

http://as-seen-on-tv-products.ws/sto...roducts_id=175

and keep one in the bathroom and one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom, whoosh up the bugs and take them way far outside to let them go. It's a little more of a challenge with the waterbugs and centipedes, but I've trapped them too with this thing. The only thing I couldn't capture was a lizard my cat found but I rescued it with a tupperware bowl. Our house spiders are not too big... Nothing like the monsters Steve Irwin bounces on his knee. Brrrrrr.
        I couldn't live in Australia, no matter how beautiful it is. Never, never, never.
        Totally empathize with John's dislike of bugs. (They have bugs that size in Australia, don't they? )

Comment

Gahhh. Even talking about bugs has me creeped. Everyone has a few irrational fears, and bugs are one of mine. *shudder*

It's, like, 50*F (or 10*C, for people who live in countries not too stubborn to use the metric system) outside and I'm shivering. Bugs...bleck.

See, Rodney agrees with me:

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird
            I used to do that but I was afraid they'd crawl back out again. I got three of these:
            I'm afraid of that too so I usually suck up a tissue after sucking up the bugs, and I keep the end of the vacuum face down on the carpet so they cant come out if their still alive.

sigpic
            Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
            Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Hi, I'm back home. Well, the result of this election was really unexpected. I'm very curious to see where this will be going, and I'm also a little sad that another chance went by to create an effective government. But enough of this here.
              Originally posted by Drwho'srose
              We have spiders to worry me here so that pretty much takes my time up. Big black hairy things that jump at you.
              I'm afraid of that too so I usually suck up a tissue after sucking up the bugs, and I keep the end of the vacuum face down on the carpet so they cant come out if their still alive.
              Wow, so much talk about spiders - I really, really hate them. I don't know why, I know that's crazy and it's also the only animal I fear, but I can't help it. I do also use the vaccum cleaner to get rid of them and I'm also always afraid that they could come out again! My mum says they don't, because they suffocate, but I'm not so sure...
              I would die if had to live somewhere where such big hairy spiders exist. What you say about them, Rose, reminds me of Terry Pratchett's book "The last continent": "...the continent has very few poisonous snakes... The spiders have eaten them all."

Now to something completely different: Toad McKay??? Rose and Mckay'sgirl, what's up with you two? I have to laugh and shake my head at the same time when I read your posts and your locations!
              And this pic of toad McKay...hello, nightmare...thank you very much McG!

Luckily this pic
              repaired the damage done to my thunk world! Oh he's so lovely on this pic! What a sweet smile! Thanks Mcalexx! Oh, and did you get my pm?

Bye, A.
              ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
              ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                Hi, I'm back home. Well, the result of this election was really unexpected. I'm very curious to see where this will be going, and I'm also a little sad that another chance went by to create an effective government. But enough of this here.
                Hmm, the results aren't confirmed yet are they?
                Wow, so much talk about spiders - I really, really hate them. I don't know why, I know that's crazy and it's also the only animal I fear, but I can't help it. I do also use the vacuum cleaner to get rid of them and I'm also always afraid that they could come out again! My mum says they don't, because they suffocate, but I'm not so sure...
                I would die if had to live somewhere where such big hairy spiders exist. What you say about them, Rose, reminds me of Terry Pratchett's book "The last continent": "...the continent has very few poisonous snakes... The spiders have eaten them all."
                Yes but we still have snakes too!!! We also have little spiders that KILL you!!! Don't worry though they only attack Australians not visitors.
                Now to something completely different: Toad McKay??? Rose and Mckay'sgirl, what's up with you two? I have to laugh and shake my head at the same time when I read your posts and your locations!
                And this pic of toad McKay...hello, nightmare...thank you very much McG!
                She started it!
                In most cases that's right, but Rose is sooo ugly she made McKay turn into a toad!! Just be glad he didn't die from looking at that horrific face!
                Oh cr*p!! Didn't mean to say that Rose!! I was only joking!! I'm so sorry!! *hides*
                You'll keep! And when you least expect it. EXPECT IT!!!!!

Comment

ARH! I have to go to work!!!! That makes me feel like this!

Ooh nice upper arms.

Comment

A little OT:
                    Hmm, the results aren't confirmed yet are they?
                    No, not when you mean the votes, there still isn't an official result, and there won't be one until the vote of the city of Dresden can be counted, which will be in two weeks (don't ask...).
                    But it is highly unlikely that this will change anything, there is already something like a result (which I meant in my first post), and that's the fact that there isn't a definite decision which party/coalition will run the country now. There isn't really a winner. Actually there is only one possible solution: A "big (or "grand") coalition", meaning that the two biggest parties will work together. And that's not really good, because their goals are very different. But no-one wants to work together with the hard-left party (thank god!), and with the other two smaller parties there isn't really a good combination possible in which one of the two bigger parties could hold the majority. Really tricky this time. We just have to wait and see.

And now, to remind myself to get back on-topic, it's time for Ontopic!Rodney again:

ARH! I have to go to work!!!!
                    Poor girl. Here's something nice for you to come back to:

Bye, A.
                    Last edited by Arlessiar; 18 September 2005, 03:20 PM. Reason: Added another pic

Comment

ARH! I have to go to work!!!! That makes me feel like this!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...x/92e874b9.jpg
                      Me too! Oh, well. At least I have two episodes of Atlantis this Friday to keep me going.

See the Clips | IMDB site | Official Site
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Proud Rodney McKay Thunker | Proud Jayne Cobb Thunker | Keeper of the M.A.L.P.-on-a-Stick

Comment

The thread seems to have wandered a bit off course. Lets get back on topic shall we?

I've heard around the forum that in "The Hive"
                        Spoiler:
                        McKay spends most of the time going through some sort of withal. Now I suspect he was some how injected with the Wraith enzyme but how and by whom?

I first thought it might have been on of Ford's guys who injected him but why would they do that? And for what purpose?

Then I remembered that it was mentioned in the "Lost Boys" spoilers that
                        Spoiler:
                        the enzyme improves one's mental capacity. Did McKay feel so let down by himself in "Trinity" that he would take the enzyme in an attempt to make him self smarter? Or did he find himself in a situation where him and the team were in danger and the only way was to take the enzyme to give him self the boost he needed to find the solution to the problem?

I’d like to hear your speculation.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                        Spoiler:

Comment

I didn't take it personally watcher652 and yes I understand the GW rules on spoilers mostly. I still believe it is (was) conjecture we don't know that person will appear at all.

I apologise if any of my posts have given the plot away. O.K I admit to talking about the basic plot but where does it end? Why does GW post the basic plot on the Home Page!!!! This (GW rules) means we can only talk about episodes that have been screened in the USA, Canada and the UK, no conjecture at all because someone might actually be right.
                          Anyone can conjecture all they want. Just put it in spoiler tags. "I heard that Grace Under Pressure might ....spoiler tag...." Really, it's not hard. I can't stand the things myself but I respect the rights of others to enjoy the show fresh and new and to be surprised when they see it. So I make the effort.

I won't say again how long Australia and other countries have to wait until these episodes will be screened and how that makes GW one big forum of spoilers no matter how hard you try and avoid them even the Home Page has spoilers!
                          And some of us don't look at the GateWorld Home Page. I've complained about my posts being one big white space myself. My posts aren't usually short, so that's a lot of white space.

I know you live in Australia. Technically these spoiler tags are for you since the shows haven't aired there yet. I know you don't care about spoilers. But I do. I know we're kind of loose about spoilers and we do have a tendency to not use spoiler tags after the episode has aired in the US, Canada or the UK. But if it hasn't aired anywhere, I feel any discussion about the episode should be spoiler tagged. I know there's been pages of discussion about Grace Under Pressure without the tags. That's why I haven't been here for a while. Like I said, you just happen to be the last one to post when I tried out this thread again.

Enough of my complaining and begging. Apologies to everyone. Back to Rodney, ok?

And look, I'm not spoiler tagging because I'm talking about episodes that have aired in the US.

I kind of miss Rodney after Trinity. He's still there in the other episodes, but subdued. If you think about it, Rodney had a lot of air time in Season 1. The episode was a good excuse to have Rodney in the background for a while. I was thinking that John was going to get more coverage in Season 2 and that's what they seem to be doing. They have new characters to flesh out and Teyla and Elizabeth seem to be getting a little more character development, too. And Carson is a regular so he needs a bit to do also. So Rodney not being right in the forefront is ok for a while. It is an ensemble show so they'll all get their time.

And I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but I don't want to go back thru the thread and see any spoilers. In Conversion, does anybody know what Rodney was eating when he was sitting with Teyla and Ronan waiting for news about John? I thought it was an interesting, touching scene. It seemed to me Rodney was eating because he had to, not because he wanted to.

I love the continuity of Rodney's relationship with food. In Instinct, Rodney sniffed at his drink. While Ronon and John definitely drank from their glasses, it seems to me that Rodney didn't. Rodney was all for food being served, though. I wonder if the team has an agreement to taste the food first and give Rodney a warning if they think there is anything citrus-y in it? Or does Rodney just take a really small bite first to see if he has a reaction? That seems dangerous. Do John and Teyla carry EpiPens for Rodney?

I remember in Underground noticing that while Rodney drank, he didn't appear to eat anything. He actually voiced his concern about the food. Later, we see Rodney at the table without a plate in front of him. Teyla, Ford and the Genii are still working on their meals. Now maybe this was to imply that Rodney scarfed down his food in record time and his plate was cleared off. I like to think that his plate was removed because he said he was done, but he really didn't eat much, if at all.

My kind of guy:
                          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Poor girl. Here's something nice for you to come back to:
                            http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ar/Rodney2.jpg
                            Well I love him and all but huh! He looks the way I felt this morning.
                            Now this is better but that zip could be a bit lower.

I am home now and I feel like this.

Comment

Now this is better but that zip could be a bit lower.
                              I'm working on that but he won't let me! Rodney, Rose wants that zipper a little lower and... Rodney, stay still and let me... Rodney! Come back! That's the price you have to pay! Do something for your fangirls! We made you the hottest man on Atlantis for a reason! And you can't escape, we are too many, and we'll hunt you down and than this zipper is sooo history! *evil grin*

Bye, A., insane as always

Comment

I'm working on that but he won't let me! Rodney, Rose wants that zipper a little lower and... Rodney, stay still and let me... Rodney! Come back! That's the price you have to pay! Do something for your fangirls! We made you the hottest man on Atlantis for a reason! And you can't escape, we are too many, and we'll hunt you down and than this zipper is sooo history! *evil grin*

Bye, A., insane as always
                                rofl I'm glad you said insane before I had a chance. Your starting in the *gutter* early!

Comment

Working...
                                X