No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have noticed a bit of a McKay/Weir shipp approach in here. I still don't see her as that kind of person and I think McKay would jump in front of a bullet for almost anyone now. That just proves he has grown as a person not that he feels close to her above anyone else.

Sheppard and Rodney do have a friendship of sorts but give them two weeks back on Earth and I don't think they would even have a beer together. Carson however would go out of his way to maintain a friendship so Rodney wouldn't have much of a choice. Again I never said it was healthy.

Comment

nice piccies all......i think when i go to bed tonite, i will take geeky Rodney with me
      sigpic

Comment

Well I don't know about geeky Rodney PM but you can have this one if you like. He may need calming down though think you can manage him?

*Squee* Have I said how much I love *Happy* Rodney!

Comment

oh thanks Drwho'srose...I will take any Rodney that I can get
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
            oh thanks Drwho'srose...I will take any Rodney that I can get
            Well this one is a little geeky (and really hot) the man loves his ZedPM.

In awe Rodney.

and well Wow everyone's fave having a power nap.

Last edited by Willow'sCat; 08 September 2005, 10:01 PM.

Comment

ROFL!

I love how my initials are in ZedPM

That just sounds so...uh...oh what is the word that I am looking for?? Geeky? Kinky??
              sigpic

Comment

Well I am off to bed...to sleep and dream wonderful dreams about Rodney...so I am taking happy/geeky Rodney with me and we shall return tomorrow

G'nite all you thunkers!
                sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone,

Wow, what lovely pics last night! I didn't get home till 1am as I was working late.

Anyhow, I am off to the pub/bar with some mates and will probably not thunk much after this (due to the consumption of certain beverages).

However, I wanted to leave some piccies behind!

As they may be of a spoiler nature, I've only included links.
                  http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ondemned03.jpg
                  http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ondemned10.jpg
                  http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ondemned09.jpg
                  http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ondemned07.jpg
                  http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ondemned11.jpg

Hmm, there's something about being bound that I like...

Take care and good night.

Alex

Comment

Another Rodney Moment! not my best one I admit!!

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                      Another Rodney Moment! not my best one I admit!!

Oh that is brilliant lol. I love your little stories. ROFL

Comment

Thanks Im going to change them a bit and then have them rotating in my sig!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                          I have noticed a bit of a McKay/Weir shipp approach in here. I still don't see her as that kind of person and I think McKay would jump in front of a bullet for almost anyone now. That just proves he has grown as a person not that he feels close to her above anyone else.

Sheppard and Rodney do have a friendship of sorts but give them two weeks back on Earth and I don't think they would even have a beer together. Carson however would go out of his way to maintain a friendship so Rodney wouldn't have much of a choice. Again I never said it was healthy.
                          Well I feel a strong sense of friendship between the two (though equally between him and Shep) and I don't really buy the suddenly Weir trusts Shep more than McKay idea. I mean, what about last season? Shep went against orders quite a few times, and I don't feel the Shep/Weir trust to the degree the line might have suggested, but I can see it when I consider Shep is a neutral non-science influenced go between.

As far as the question goes, I think if he'd admit to any friendships it'd be Sheppard, or Carson. Maybe Radek after that. I may have a ship that puts the bias on some stuff but even I don't think he'd say Weir was the person he was closest to. From a canon point of view I imagine he's equally close in different ways to Sheppard, Weir and Beckett - the last two because he has the advantage of time spent in Antarctica where I do believe the friendships formed. Now though he's on Sheppard's team and I think that goes a long way too on the friendship front, commaderie at least. But then what is there and what he'd admit to are different things. He's a complex guy really.

Comment

I haven't seen any particularly shippy comments over the past few pages. Just the banners.

I do think McKay holds Weir on a bit of a pedestal (despite that bit in Home ) but not necessarily in a shippy way. I think he admires and respects her (at least most of the time) and sets her a bit apart from everyone (although she's done a fair job of keeping everyone at arm's length, anyway.

I don't buy Weir trusting Shep more, but I can see Rodney BELIEVING that simply because I think HE thinks they have more in common.

I also tend to think that comments like that are intended to "set up" certain scenarios, but I'm excessively paranoid about that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              I haven't seen any particularly shippy comments over the past few pages. Just the banners.

I do think McKay holds Weir on a bit of a pedestal (despite that bit in Home ) but not necessarily in a shippy way. I think he admires and respects her (at least most of the time) and sets her a bit apart from everyone (although she's done a fair job of keeping everyone at arm's length, anyway.

I don't buy Weir trusting Shep more, but I can see Rodney BELIEVING that simply because I think HE thinks they have more in common.

I also tend to think that comments like that are intended to "set up" certain scenarios, but I'm excessively paranoid about that.
                              Would you say he holds Carter on a pedestal? (If so that seems much like in a shippy way even in canon). I get what you mean about her distancing others from her, but I also think she is closer to everyone than they are to her. Does that make sense? I'm mainly going on the 'I have to protect him from himself' comment, I don't think she could say that unless she really knew him, but equally she could know him that well but still not be by his definition close to him.

And certainly Shep and Weir have the not being scientists in common, which is what I'd like to believe is what's up here, as well as them both being higher up on command and in making decisions... though setup for other things it could well be.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                                Would you say he holds Carter on a pedestal? (If so that seems much like in a shippy way even in canon). I get what you mean about her distancing others from her, but I also think she is closer to everyone than they are to her. Does that make sense?
                                Yup, and I agree.

And I do think he he has Carter up on a pedestal, too, but there's definitely a shippy light cast on that one. I have some ideas about that, but I don't have time to go into them now. Remind me later.

Comment

Working...
                                X