No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry! I've been living NaNoWriMo. I will try and get Underground watched tonight.

Comment

I gave up on NaNo - not in the right frame of mind to write

Some good news for Hewlett fans today though:

Stargate fans look who is on set w/ @yannick_bisson - @dhewlett will guest in #MurdochMysteries later this season!

https://twitter.com/CBCMurdoch/statu...10427882639360
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

So no more rewatch then?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
          So no more rewatch then?
          I couldn't find my DVDs util today. I'm in...but I seem to be the only one.

I will admit that watching Underground doesn't really appeal since I find Sora quite annoying...lol.

Comment

She is a bit, but she's only in a few episodes...it's a shame cos the actress is really nice!
            sigpic

Comment

From Stargate Atlantis 1x8 'Underground'

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

'Underground' is the episode I always use as an example about Rodney's eating habits and how on screen he's never seen eating off-world with strangers. I don't know if that was a conscious choice of the writers, directors or David, or if it just worked out that any off-world eating Rodney did just didn't make it into the episodes. In some episodes, it looks like Rodney is eating off-world because he has a plate in front of him, but you never see him actually consume anything on screen.

In the beginning of 'Underground' you see him eating a sandwich on Atlantis.

But on Hoff, you only see him having a drink, which you can easily fake not drinking anything.

In fact, in this screen cap, you can see that Rodney doesn't even have a plate in front of him. Does this mean Rodney inhaled his meal and was done before everyone else or that he insulted his hosts by not eating anything at all and having his plate removed?

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

So no more rewatch then?

I'm still doing the re-watch. :/ Need mah McKay fix! :O

Comment

@Watcher652 - I'd be just like Rodney - not eating offworld...I've got lots of allergies (including a citrus one (just for lime though!))/intolerances so I'd eat where I know I'd be safer

@Replicator Fifth - Ditto

Well I'm going to be watching "Home" at some point in the next 24 hours if anyone would like to join me
                    sigpic

Comment

@Watcher652 - I'd be just like Rodney - not eating offworld...I've got lots of allergies (including a citrus one (just for lime though!))/intolerances so I'd eat where I know I'd be safer
                      That's why Rodney likes MRES, hospital and airline food (from "Suspicion"). I'm thinking he can research the ingredients. 8^)

One of my favorite official 'behind the scenes' photos of David comes from "Home."

I have the t-shirt, although I could only get it in men sizes, so the logo looks huge on me. I wore it to a photo op with David and he tried to get behind me so the arrow would point to the both of us. But I had made an arrow pointing to the side and stuck it over the arrow on the shirt, so he could stand next to me and it would point to him. So he pointed to me in the photo. When I got his autograph, he signed the photo "Another one!"

My kind of guy:

Comment

Screen cap of David in his Youtube video "Mad Post-Oz ComicCon Debrief!"

My kind of guy:

Comment

Another photo from SGA 1x9 'Home.'

My kind of guy:

Comment

NaNoWriMo is over! Time to get back to this. We're on Home now? Okay! I always liked this episode.
                            1. Cranberry Hazmat suits of ugly.
                            2. Rodney willing to be uncomfortable for the sake of science.
                            3. Ford keeps his suit on, lol.
                            4. McKay's confidence in fixing the gate.
                            5. War and Peace (Did he finish it by the end of the series?)
                            6. I love how this episode shows how much everyone now thinks of Atlantis as their home.
                            7. McKay: Universe's MVP.
                            8. Apparently the expedition has not heard of Too Good to Be True.
                            9. Is the elevator when John relaises that something is off and it is a trick?
                            10. Rodney should have given his plants to the woman too. Poor things.
                            11. That Outer Limits opening is hilarious!
                            12. Where did Teyla get the money for that shopping spree?
                            13. It is interesting that in Elizabeth's vision Hammond is in full dress blues. In Rodney's vision Elizabeth is in a nice suit and Hammond has a jacket off. I kinda think this might give some indication of how each person views those above them.
                            14. Teyla really likes beer...
                            15. I really want to know what Ford was imagining.
                            16. Rodney panicking about food, lol.

Comment

Another official photo. David's hair looks really good!

I didn't know who Joe Flanigan was before Stargate Atlantis. And I really wasn't paying him that much attention before this episode, just Sheppard's great interaction with McKay. But when Sheppard gave that look when he closed the door and looked at his friends in his apartment, I immediately thought OMG, they're dead! Sheppard had such a mix of love and sadness and longing in his eyes! That's when I first thought, hey, this Flanigan guy can act!

I'm sorry the show played down Sheppard's ATA gene. Surely the gene had something to do with his ability to manipulate his scenarios. Or was it because Sheppard didn't want to go back to Earth as much as the others so he could see thru the fakeness? After all, Sheppard said to Teyla that he would go back to Earth in a heartbeat if he knew he could gate back to Atlantis.

My kind of guy:

Comment

I think the gene is a good theory. Maybe they didn't outright say it because with the gene therapy Rodney has the gene too?

Comment

Working...
                                X