Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gorengirl
    Isn't it July 15th yet? Oh well, only 22 more days to go; not that I counting or anything.
    You may not be counting, but I am! Only 3 more weeks! (Or is it 'Darn it! Three whole weeks?')

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
    McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
    Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
    McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

And of course, I have to give out my traditional b-day present, the Birthday Teapot:

Comment

Originally posted by Gorengirl
        Isn't it July 15th yet? Oh well, only 22 more days to go; not that I counting or anything.
        Originally posted by Porthos1013
        You may not be counting, but I am! Only 3 more weeks! (Or is it 'Darn it! Three whole weeks?')
        Did I already say how I envy you?
        Yesterday "The Siege" premiered here and now I don't know how I can stand the long break until the second season airs over here! I already read many spoilers and now I'm more curious than ever before! And soon you will start to talk about the different new episodes and I'll die over here...

No, serious, I'm also very happy for you! Have fun, and I wait for your reports, especially for those about our favorite scientist!
        Rodney looked so tired and worn out and desperate and sad yesterday in The Siege, I just wanted to hug him! DH really does such a fine job portraying him, he's so intense and so believable. When he's in a scene it's as if a spotlight is on him, he has such a presence...
        ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
        ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Quick question for the McKay experts....

What part of Canada is he from? Is it specified as of yet?

Thanks!

Comment

Okay, either the pain meds for my toes are making me loopy, or I just had a stroke of brilliance! (Or maybe I'm just bored...) Anyway, this idea popped into my head, and I just had to do it!

I also toyed with making it say "Milk, it does a body good." and putting "Got McKay?" at the end, but decided to go with this instead. I also thought about making it into a sig, which I might still be able to do, if anyone really wants it (I'd have to play with the words and spacing...hmm). Anyway, I'm going to make a McWeir one for my sig, I think, after the countdown is over. <bounces off to find pics>

Comment

Okay, either the pain meds for my toes are making me loopy, or I just had a stroke of brilliance! (Or maybe I'm just bored...) Anyway, this idea popped into my head, and I just had to do it!

I also toyed with making it say "Milk, it does a body good." and putting "Got McKay?" at the end, but decided to go with this instead. I also thought about making it into a sig, which I might still be able to do, if anyone really wants it (I'd have to play with the words and spacing...hmm). Anyway, I'm going to make a McWeir one for my sig, I think, after the countdown is over. <bounces off to find pics>
              You know, that is better than any of the real ads. Far, far better.
              It would get me drinking milk if I didn't already.

Comment

Oh, LOVE IT! Excellent idea!
                We need to put Rodney in more fake commercials! I think Powerbar is already covered, what else can we do? Anything food related is fair game, as long as it doesn't have citrus. What about a coffee commercial??!! Or a flashlight/battery commercial using that pic from H&S? Or a pic of his inability to fly in a straight line from Defiant One for an insurance commercial?

Comment

I also toyed with making it say "Milk, it does a body good." and putting "Got McKay?" at the end, but decided to go with this instead.
                  That's great! I was laughing so hard when I saw that! And my boyfriend asked for the reason, but how could I possibly explain this??

Great work, very convincing! And if it actually said "Got McKay?" I'd be off in a second to get one!

Bye, A.

BTW, thanks for the teapot!
                  ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                  ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

You should be on pain medication all the time! That's sooo great! I love how disgruntled he looks- makes the "Hey! Put that down!" just perfect!
                    Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
                    :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Porthos--LOVE the graphic!

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
                      What part of Canada is he from? Is it specified as of yet?
                      Welcome to the thread, Admiral Q O!

I do not believe it has ever been said. Anyone else ever heard otherwise?

Happy birthday, Arlessiar!
                      Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

Happy birthday, Arlessiar!

I second that...and thanks for the welcome. Rodney has grown on me even before SGA...can't wait to see him in Duet from what spoilers I've seen. Hee...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                          Oh, LOVE IT! Excellent idea!
                          We need to put Rodney in more fake commercials! I think Powerbar is already covered, what else can we do? Anything food related is fair game, as long as it doesn't have citrus. What about a coffee commercial??!! Or a flashlight/battery commercial using that pic from H&S? Or a pic of his inability to fly in a straight line from Defiant One for an insurance commercial?

I like the way you think! Anyone up to the challenge?

Comment

Duet spoilery, re David Hewlett's Gateworld interview.

Spoiler:
                            He's jokingly apologizing to the actresses who have to come in and kiss him....and here the rest of us are thinking, 'lucky damn actresses...'

Comment

How about a sandwich commercial? Or maybe that lovely bread.

My kind of guy:
                              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Mmm, good sandwich!

My kind of guy:
                                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Working...
                                X