Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I mention that I love those pics of him? He just keeps getting cuter

Originally posted by Tinah View Post
    Physics? Rodney would be so proud of you!
    Hehe Actually, Stargate is the whole reason why I started liking physics. I hated it in elementary/middle school--I just thought it was so boring and I didn't really understand it (especially levers and the concept of weight vs. mass ). But then I got back into SG really in high school and since Sam is my favorite SG-1 character and Rodney is my favorite SGA character, I felt like trying to appreciate physics And now I love it although I still don't understand anything other than the basics. But now I just find it so fascinating.

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
    Aww Mimz! Hope you pull out of this blue funk real soon! I don't like it when my friends are sad. I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better other than if it's random as you say it is then there's a good chance that it'll pass. Just, hang in there. Okay? Oh, and think positive! Always works for me. One more thing
    Spoiler:
    ...if you feel like crying then cry. Just...let it all out. It's cathardic.
    Thanks I feel a lot better this week--I still have some down moments, but I think once finals pass in 2 weeks I'll be a lot better and not as emotionally touchy about every single random little thing
    "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
    sigpic
    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Oh, I forgot to get my butt over here and wish David a Happy Birthday. And I forgot to tweet him Happy Birthday too. Shoot! Better late then never I guess, huh?
      At least I remembered to Tweet him. I remember us Squirrels on there were trying to get him on Trending Topics. As well as get dGeek on there as well...
      ~Bushy~

"Look, you don't know me. This is when I'm at my best. This is when I shine: impossible deadlines."
      Dr. Meredith Rodney McKay
      -
      "That doesn’t matter! You’re hostages! We’re your…we’re your captors! We’re heavily armed! There’s rules! There’s a whole school of etiquette to this!"
      Dr. Daniel Jackson
      -
      "My name is Dean Winchester. I'm an Aquarius. I enjoy sunsets, long walks on the beach, and frisky women."
      Dean Winchester

Comment

Chapter thirteen of Silent Homecoming is now up.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Geeze! I felt like I stepped into the Twilight Zone when I first got here. I saw a bunch of posts(and conversations) that I missed the last time I was here and got all WTH? And I hate when that happens! I'm sure it had something to do with the site going down and the new thread being started, and then merged with this one. Some posts got lost on me. Sorry to all whose posts I seem to have missed and Welcome to the newbies, whom I also missed. Apparently.

Also want to say a big thank you for the links to the VanCon, even if I only visited one link so far.

Originally posted by LittleMcKay View Post
          @Fanny-Wan Kenobi tweeted two times today and included #dGeek and #HappyBDayDavidHewlett
          Aww, I missed it!

and because it's David's birthday (this is a special occasion, isn't it?), I'll share my latest drawing with you (finished it a few weeks ago)
          Oh wow, that is amazing! Makes me want to drag out my art supplies and draw Rodney myself. Tried to once but...it didn't work out.

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
          I see you are liking them! Hope they are more for you to read!
          There are a few of them...four that are out now and a fifth one is coming out soon.

Yep...I enjoyed Reliquary better.
          Cool.

Go ahead and tweet him....I'm sure he enjoys the BD wishes, even if they are a little late! He's 42 now!
          I forgot to...must have gotten distracted by something. Crap.

RiG, don't know if you know, another DH thunk thread was started while this SGA character thread was down, here are a copule of links I posted about the Vancouver Con that I found on LJ.
          I know, I was there, I saw it. I posted.;-)

Shaddyr's LJ

A great Con report posted over on Cysothemis's LJ. Lots of really good DH pictures and also of JF.

If you haven't seen them, enjoy!
          Thanks. I saw one of them.;-)

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
          Did I mention that I love those pics of him? He just keeps getting cuter

Hehe Actually, Stargate is the whole reason why I started liking physics. I hated it in elementary/middle school--I just thought it was so boring and I didn't really understand it (especially levers and the concept of weight vs. mass ). But then I got back into SG really in high school and since Sam is my favorite SG-1 character and Rodney is my favorite SGA character, I felt like trying to appreciate physics And now I love it although I still don't understand anything other than the basics. But now I just find it so fascinating.

Wow, they didn't teach Physics in my elementary school. That I knew of.

Thanks I feel a lot better this week--I still have some down moments, but I think once finals pass in 2 weeks I'll be a lot better and not as emotionally touchy about every single random little thing
          Your welcome. Glad to hear you feeling better.

Originally posted by BFH_Bushy_Tush View Post
          At least I remembered to Tweet him. I remember us Squirrels on there were trying to get him on Trending Topics. As well as get dGeek on there as well...
          I didn't remember. I'm a bad squirrel. Although, I did have another birthday to celebrate that day - my mom's.

Please don't give me any slack for changing my avatar to someone other than Rodney. I still love and adore Rodney/David but, seeing as I'm really into SPN(and Jensen/Dean) as well I want to spread the love. I wanna show that I love other guys (and their shows) too. I am entitled to thunk more than one guy, right? Right. I'm not gonna stop using Rodney/David icons by any means, I'm just...changing things up a bit. After all, it is a womans prerogative. Isn't it? I still have my Rodney sig though!
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

A con report from Wormhole Riders:
            http://www.wormholeriders.com/blog/?p=12409
            Reading down aways, I would just love to see David and Joe dancing to hip hop
            sigpic

Comment

Did you get him on Trending Topics?

Yay..more SH WWRT! And another chapter!

Geeze! I felt like I stepped into the Twilight Zone when I first got here. I saw a bunch of posts(and conversations) that I missed the last time I was here and got all WTH?
              "You are traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of DH. Next stop, the DH Thunk Thread!

Oh wow, that is amazing! Makes me want to drag out my art supplies and draw Rodney myself. Tried to once but...it didn't work out.
              Aww....try again! You never know!

There are a few of them...four that are out now and a fifth one is coming out soon.
              5...that's pretty good! If those sold well, I'm sure more will be coming along!

I know, I was there, I saw it. I posted.;-)
              You were!?! I did I see you there?!
              Ahh..a mind is a terrible thing to lose!

Thanks. I saw one of them.;-)
              Welcome!

[I]Please don't give me any slack for changing my avatar to someone other than Rodney. I still love and adore Rodney/David but, seeing as I'm really into SPN(and Jensen/Dean) as well I want to spread the love.
              Figuered it would be coming sooner or later..it's cool!

I am entitled to thunk more than one guy, right? Right.
              Why yes you are!! Thunk away young lady, thunk away!!

I'm not gonna stop using Rodney/David icons by any means, I'm just...changing things up a bit. After all, it is a womans prerogative. Isn't it? I still have my Rodney sig though!
              What about your location? Are going to give Jensen/Dean a sponge bath!

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
              A con report from Wormhole Riders:
              http://www.wormholeriders.com/blog/?p=12409
              Reading down aways, I would just love to see David and Joe dancing to hip hop
              Thanks for the link!

sig by Varda

Comment

Please don't give me any slack for changing my avatar to someone other than Rodney. I still love and adore Rodney/David but, seeing as I'm really into SPN(and Jensen/Dean) as well I want to spread the love. I wanna show that I love other guys (and their shows) too. I am entitled to thunk more than one guy, right? Right. I'm not gonna stop using Rodney/David icons by any means, I'm just...changing things up a bit. After all, it is a womans prerogative. Isn't it? I still have my Rodney sig though!
                I love Supernatural. I have the first three seasons and trying to get around to getting the fourth. And you avi is hilarious.

And you can thunk more than one character or person. Heck, I whump Sam and Dean. *g* I might be little goofy, cause I just had wine with dinner.
                sigpic

Comment

"You are traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of DH. Next stop, the DH Thunk Thread!

Aww....try again! You never know!
                  I will...at some point.

5...that's pretty good! If those sold well, I'm sure more will be coming along!
                  I'm sure they will be.

You were!?! I did I see you there?!
                  Uh...wha?

Ahh..a mind is a terrible thing to lose!

Figuered it would be coming sooner or later..it's cool!
                  Thank you.

Why yes you are!! Thunk away young lady, thunk away!!
                  Oh, you're too kind! And I will thunk away!

What about your location? Are going to give Jensen/Dean a sponge bath!
                  Mmmmmaaayyybeeeeeee...

Originally posted by Ravenheart View Post
                  I love Supernatural. I have the first three seasons and trying to get around to getting the fourth. And you avi is hilarious.
                  I want to get the DVD's so I don't have to watch the episodes online. I want/love the bonus features and gag reels. I didn't make the avi, just snurched it, but thank you.

And you can thunk more than one character or person. Heck, I whump Sam and Dean. *g* I might be little goofy, cause I just had wine with dinner.
                  Thanks. I too whump Dean. Though I haven't visited that particular thread yet.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

Pics I promised from Shore Leave '08 (they're crappy b/c I took them w/ my phone b/c silly me forgot to re-load the battery into my camera

sigpic
                    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

In case you aren't checking out the GateWorld Vancouver Con thread, here's a bunch of Vancouver Con links Prion put together.

Photos.
                      Reports.

I had my own Vancouver Con list, but Prion's has more links.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

OK, screwing up the quoting function, so...

RiG - Of course you're allowed to thunk more than one person! It's not like a real life relationship, you can "love" both, and nobody will feel betrayed or left out.

( One thing I absolutely hate though, is when people "fall out of love" with something and "fall in love" with something different... and then turn around and bash and ridicule what they used to love, and the people who still love it! I'm sure you've seen it in other places... )

Mimzy - Yes, a bit fuzzy, but you can still see it's him, and he's still looking adorable!

I might be disappearing or lurking a bit during the end of the week because I'm tired... need to slack a bit... but I'll see you around soon again!

Comment

Did you get him on Trending Topics?
                          Unfortunately, no. We didn't...

XxX

I want a Dr. Rush or Eli avatar... When are we going to get *those*?!
                          ~Bushy~

"Look, you don't know me. This is when I'm at my best. This is when I shine: impossible deadlines."
                          Dr. Meredith Rodney McKay
                          -
                          "That doesn’t matter! You’re hostages! We’re your…we’re your captors! We’re heavily armed! There’s rules! There’s a whole school of etiquette to this!"
                          Dr. Daniel Jackson
                          -
                          "My name is Dean Winchester. I'm an Aquarius. I enjoy sunsets, long walks on the beach, and frisky women."
                          Dean Winchester

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                            Pics I promised from Shore Leave '08 (they're crappy b/c I took them w/ my phone b/c silly me forgot to re-load the battery into my camera
                            Hate when that happens!!

Well.....not that crappy, just a bit fuzzy, but we can still tell it's David! Thanks for posting them! A fuzzy David is better than no David!

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                            In case you aren't checking out the GateWorld Vancouver Con thread, here's a bunch of Vancouver Con links Prion put together.

Photos.
                            Reports.

I had my own Vancouver Con list, but Prion's has more links.
                            Thanks for those links! I'm still waiting and hoping that someone managed to tape some DH/JF stuff!

Originally posted by Tinah View Post
                            Mimzy - Yes, a bit fuzzy, but you can still see it's him, and he's still looking adorable!
                            Totally agree.....adorable!

I might be disappearing or lurking a bit during the end of the week because I'm tired... need to slack a bit... but I'll see you around soon again!
                            Have fun slacking....we'll see you when you come back.

Unfortunately, no. We didn't...
                            Awww....sorry!

I want a Dr. Rush or Eli avatar... When are we going to get *those*?!
                            That's weird that they don't have one.....go over to ask the Mods. Maybe it's just an oversight or something.

I think photobucket is finally working for me....so here are a couple of pics of DH at the con.

Love this from Arctic Goddess....the arm....*drools*

These are from Crysothemis LJ report

Great laugh! He is so having a good time!

Just so cute!

sig by Varda

Comment

Ok, here some photos from David at the Convention last weekend.You can find more on my photobucket.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Lea; 24 April 2010, 12:09 PM.
                              *Vancouver Con Attendee 2006* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2007*
                              *Vancouver Con Attendee 2008* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2009*
                              *Vancouver Con Attendee 2010* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2011*

* Vancouver Con Attendee 2012 *

Comment

OH MY GOODNESS

I died of *squee*

sigpic
                                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X