Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravenheart View Post
    Random piccies
    Those were awesome pictures! Thanks Ravenheart!

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
    The first of the Paris Stargate convention reports are making their way to the web. I've gathered what I could find here. For the video interview by Stephane Dubois, I have 16 caps here. A sample:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...t-0045700c.jpg
    Thanks Watcher652 for finding those reports! And for making those screen shots..I spent I don't know how long just staring at them!

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
    Possibly...not sure.
    Well, whoever made it did a great job!

Spoilered for video:
    Spoiler:
    David speaks a little French... and isn't wearing his wedding ring, wonder why?
    Yes, indeed, inquring minds what to know!

sig by Varda

Comment

Just had to post again!! Have been just staring at the screen caps that Watcher652 made of the Davids. Just love this one, DH just looks so happy!

sig by Varda

Comment

Spoilered for video:
        Spoiler:
        David speaks a little French... and isn't wearing his wedding ring, wonder why?
        Well, if you watch the fan vids,
        Spoiler:
        you'll hear the story about David and French. For the ring, maybe he's lost weight and the ring would slip off and he'd lose it? Or maybe he's getting into the habit of not wearing it while he's working, even it's directing and not acting, so he doesn't slip up like in Vegas.

It certainly wan't any hardship staring at the video over and over looking for the perfect frames to cap. I don't have any program that automatically caps once a second or something like that. I do it all manually. I wanted both of them to look good for the caps and sometiimes one or the other didn't, mostly because of how someone's face looks when caught in the middle of a word. Or in DH's case, he leans forward and looks down a couple of times at the beginning and you really see how high his hairline is. I wouldn't cap that, no matter how many jokes David makes about his diminishing hairline, unless he someday bends his head forward specifically to show his hairline to make a point. And maybe not even then. It's one thing to fleetingly see a hairline in a video, it's another thing to have a permanent picture of that all over the web. I always want to look good in a photo and I want others to look good too.

It annoys me that the interviewer picked a location where DN was squinting with the sunlight half the time. And the interviewer didn't pick up when DN pointed out that the interviewer didn't let DH answer when the interviewer asked what both of them were doing now.

It's fun how both Davids are, of course, camera aware and look directly into the camera several times as well as looking at the interviewer and translator.

How I miss watching new Atlantis stories with Rodney and Radek!

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

The first of the Paris Stargate convention reports are making their way to the web. I've gathered what I could find here. For the video interview by Stephane Dubois, I have 16 caps here. A sample:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...t-0045700c.jpg
          Saw that!
          Originally posted by ed263 View Post
          Just had to post again!! Have been just staring at the screen caps that Watcher652 made of the Davids. Just love this one, DH just looks so happy!

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...t-0055700c.jpg
          Nnnnnnnn...
          Spoiler:
          you'll hear the story about David and French. For the ring, maybe he's lost weight and the ring would slip off and he'd lose it? Or maybe he's getting into the habit of not wearing it while he's working, even it's directing and not acting, so he doesn't slip up like in Vegas.
          He wasn't wearing it at Chevron either
          It certainly wan't any hardship staring at the video over and over looking for the perfect frames to cap. I don't have any program that automatically caps once a second or something like that. I do it all manually.
          I'm not sure what you use, but my screencap prog takes a cap whenever I press the space bar. It also makes a shutter noise which is annoying I don't think it can take caps at an interval, but it's still quick (It's Debut by NCH Software for Googling - and it's completely free! )
          I wanted both of them to look good for the caps and sometiimes one or the other didn't, mostly because of how someone's face looks when caught in the middle of a word. Or in DH's case, he leans forward and looks down a couple of times at the beginning and you really see how high his hairline is. I wouldn't cap that, no matter how many jokes David makes about his diminishing hairline, unless he someday bends his head forward specifically to show his hairline to make a point. And maybe not even then. It's one thing to fleetingly see a hairline in a video, it's another thing to have a permanent picture of that all over the web. I always want to look good in a photo and I want others to look good too.
          I agree! I try to only ever post/icon pictures where DH looks good
          Me too!
          McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
            I'm not sure what you use, but my screencap prog takes a cap whenever I press the space bar. It also makes a shutter noise which is annoying I don't think it can take caps at an interval, but it's still quick (It's Debut by NCH Software for Googling - and it's completely free!
            I use VLC since I use that to watch videos. Offtopic tech discussion -
            Spoiler:
            It makes a camera sound when I take a cap, too. The program freezes when you do too many frame-by-frame advances and you have cntl-alt-delete and End Task the application. And even then the icon doesn't disappear from the status bar and when you open VLC again you end up with 2 icons.

I have an old copy of Debut but I don't think I ever used it. Maybe I should check it out. I know Windows Movie Maker can make caps at a set interval, I even did it once and it wasn't easy. But I'm pretty sure the file can only be .wmv and I'm usually watching .avi or .flv files.

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

The sgmen_itest over at LJ had been extended until Friday March 10th...THANK GOD! Now I have more time to make my icons...I've made seven already.

Spoiler:
              you'll hear the story about David and French.
              Ah. I'll have to do that.

Spoiler:
              For the ring, maybe he's lost weight and the ring would slip off and he'd lose it? Or maybe he's getting into the habit of not wearing it while he's working, even it's directing and not acting, so he doesn't slip up like in Vegas.
              Good points. All good points, yes.
              Spoiler:
              So, that's what happened in Vegas? It really was his ring?

It certainly wan't any hardship staring at the video over and over looking for the perfect frames to cap. I don't have any program that automatically caps once a second or something like that. I do it all manually. I wanted both of them to look good for the caps and sometiimes one or the other didn't, mostly because of how someone's face looks when caught in the middle of a word. Or in DH's case, he leans forward and looks down a couple of times at the beginning and you really see how high his hairline is. I wouldn't cap that, no matter how many jokes David makes about his diminishing hairline, unless he someday bends his head forward specifically to show his hairline to make a point. And maybe not even then. It's one thing to fleetingly see a hairline in a video, it's another thing to have a permanent picture of that all over the web. I always want to look good in a photo and I want others to look good too.
              I don't have a capping program of any kind. Just my handy dandy Print Screen button. That's how I capped David's latest Youtube video for icon making. *points to icon* I gotta say you capped all my favorite parts of the video!

And I'm with ya on the whole capping only the frames in which David (or whomever) looks really good. You hit the nail on the head here.

It annoys me that the interviewer picked a location where DN was squinting with the sunlight half the time.
              Yeah, me too. Nykl was all lit up and Hewlett was in the dark.

And the interviewer didn't pick up when DN pointed out that the interviewer didn't let DH answer when the interviewer asked what both of them were doing now.
              I didn't notice that, it was kinda hard for me to follow when there were upwards to three people talking at once at times. The interviewer, the translator and whichever David was answering.

It's fun how both Davids are, of course, camera aware and look directly into the camera several times as well as looking at the interviewer and translator.
              Yes, they know we're out here watching them so they acknowledge us. ...or they think it's rude not to look at the camera every once in a while. I like your terminology there..."camera aware".

Me too.

For old times sake, from The Storm:

Zelenka: We could relocate some of them -- put them closer together.

McKay (sarcastically): You're right -- if only we had a magical tool that could slow down time. I foolishly left mine on Earth -- did you bring yours?!

Zelenka: You know, you're not pleasant when you're like this, McKay.

McKay: I'm always like this.

Zelenka: My point exactly.

And from Tabula Rasa:

Zelenka: Just e-mail her, already.

McKay: Excuse me?!

Zelenka: Rodney, we're stuck. We've been stuck for ten hours. Just ask her for help, please.

McKay (pointing to himself): I'm not stuck.

Zelenka: The last time we had a block like this, she helped us through it, right?

McKay: That was something completely different.

Zelenka: I cannot sit here waiting for you to have an epiphany! I'm losing the will to live!

(Rodney looks round at the scientists, reluctantly realising that Radek may be right.)

McKay: I suppose there could be more important things I should be working on.

Zelenka: However you want to sell it to yourself, that's fine.

McKay: Hmm!
              Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 25 February 2010, 02:32 PM.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

I use VLC since I use that to watch videos. Offtopic tech discussion -
                Spoiler:
                It makes a camera sound when I take a cap, too. The program freezes when you do too many frame-by-frame advances and you have cntl-alt-delete and End Task the application. And even then the icon doesn't disappear from the status bar and when you open VLC again you end up with 2 icons.

I have an old copy of Debut but I don't think I ever used it. Maybe I should check it out. I know Windows Movie Maker can make caps at a set interval, I even did it once and it wasn't easy. But I'm pretty sure the file can only be .wmv and I'm usually watching .avi or .flv files.
                Debut is excellent. It never crashes and it can grab video as well as caps (although it has problems with sound in Vista, which I resolved by plugging a double phono lead into the mic and headphone sockets )
                Spoiler:

McKay (sarcastically): You're right -- if only we had a magical tool that could slow down time. I foolishly left mine on Earth -- did you bring yours?!

And from Tabula Rasa:

Zelenka: Rodney, we're stuck. We've been stuck for ten hours. Just ask her for help, please.

Zelenka: The last time we had a block like this, she helped us through it, right?

Zelenka: I cannot sit here waiting for you to have an epiphany! I'm losing the will to live!

(Rodney looks round at the scientists, reluctantly realising that Radek may be right.)

That first one is hilarious!! 'I'm always like this' That's so Rodney!

The sgmen_itest on LJ has now been extended until 5th March. The second challenge is to make Rodney McKay icons from the pictures provided! Linkey here

Comment

It certainly wan't any hardship staring at the video over and over looking for the perfect frames to cap.
                  Fun times!

I don't have any program that automatically caps once a second or something like that. I do it all manually.
                  Thanks for the hard work...love the results!

I wanted both of them to look good for the caps....<snip for length> I always want to look good in a photo and I want others to look good too.
                  That's such a good outlook! It shows that you take the time and care enough to only show them in a good way!

It annoys me that the interviewer picked a location where DN was squinting with the sunlight half the time. And the interviewer didn't pick up when DN pointed out that the interviewer didn't let DH answer when the interviewer asked what both of them were doing now.
                  Agree! I liked how DN tried to direct the interviewer to let DH answer. DN was so cute, he was all like a little boy sadden that his best friend was left out of something! So cute!

Me Too!!

Nnnnnnnn...
                  Indeed!

The sgmen_itest over at LJ had been extended until Friday March 10th...THANK GOD! Now I have more time to make my icons...I've made seven already.
                  Yay! Now, hurry with your icons!

Good points. All good points, yes.
                  I like them!

Spoiler:
                  So, that's what happened in Vegas? It really was his ring?
                  Spoiler:
                  Yes, I think I remember reading it on JM's blog.

Yes, they know we're out here watching them so they acknowledge us.
                  I like this reasoning!

Spoiler:

And from Tabula Rasa:

Aww..a couple of favorites!

The sgmen_itest on LJ has now been extended until 5th March. The second challenge is to make Rodney McKay icons from the pictures provided! Linkey here
                  Ooooh...like those pictures! I'll be waiting to see how everyone turns them into icons! They should be good!

sig by Varda

Comment

That first one is hilarious!! 'I'm always like this' That's so Rodney!
                    Indeed.

Saw that, beat ya to it. *points to own post* I am so happy about this!

Yay! Now, hurry with your icons!
                    Hurry? Why? I have more time now. I can think about what I want to do...how to interpret the light challenge. More to the point, how I'm gonna interpret it anyway.

Spoiler:
                    Yes, I think I remember reading it on JM's blog.
                    Hmm, did I read it on JM's blog? I saw the behind the scenes pics from the episode but...can't remember if I read it...I must have. Oh, me and my absent mind! GAH!

I like this reasoning!

Aww..a couple of favorites!
                    Yep, I cracked up at Zelenka's line about waiting for Rodney to have an epiphany and then loosing the will to live. It get's me going every time!

Ooooh...like those pictures! I'll be waiting to see how everyone turns them into icons! They should be good!
                    I sure hope so!
                    Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 25 February 2010, 03:13 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Piccies

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Saw that, beat ya to it. *points to own post* I am so happy about this!
                        Yes, but the date is the 5th March (this Friday) not the 10th (or you'll miss it! )

Here are some I made today... just for fun

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenheart View Post
                          Piccies
                          Ah, the many faces of Rodney McKay! Love them all! Thanks Ravenheart!

Great set of icons! Love the blue coloring! These two are my favorites...snurched! Thanks!

Edit: Congratulations Varda on placing 3rd on Dr. McKay Stills icon contest! Loved your icon! Well done!
                          Last edited by ed263; 27 February 2010, 05:10 PM.

sig by Varda

Comment

Edit: Congratulations Varda on placing 3rd on Dr. McKay Stills icon contest! Loved your icon! Well done!
                            Thanks! I entered some more and the 20 icons in 20 days challenge for March (with Rodney of course!)
                            Great set of icons! Love the blue coloring! These two are my favorites...snurched! Thanks!
                            It's just so much fun

Here's a bigger version of the first one you like the most (I only cropped out Ellis on the right, so to not distract from the Rodney) It's just a contrast/brightness correction and then I used levels to change the red and blue colouring (the same as I do with all my icons) But for some reason the caps of this particular scene went uber and came out looking much better than usual!
                            Spoiler:

I'm gonna have to go and have a lie down now...

Comment

Yes, but the date is the 5th March (this Friday) not the 10th (or you'll miss it! )
                              Yes, yes, yes. I know...wrote the wrong number...I know it's this Friday. I was thinking: Yes, another week to make more icons! So, in all my excitement I wrote the 10th instead of 5th...knowing all the while that it was the 5th, Friday.

Here are some I made today... just for fun
                              Great icons! Can't wait for you guys to see the icons I made so far...after the contest.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

Thanks! I entered some more and the 20 icons in 20 days challenge for March (with Rodney of course!)
                                It's just so much fun
                                20 more! Great! It's also so much fun to see them and snurch them!

Here's a bigger version of the first one you like the most (I only cropped out Ellis on the right, so to not distract from the Rodney) It's just a contrast/brightness correction and then I used levels to change the red and blue colouring (the same as I do with all my icons) But for some reason the caps of this particular scene went uber and came out looking much better than usual!
                                http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/r...MSR-81Crop.jpg
                                Ah yes...I remember that scene now! Ellis...such a tool!
                                Thanks for the bigger version....nice!

I'm gonna have to go and have a lie down now...
                                Goodnight!

Yes, yes, yes. I know...wrote the wrong number...I know it's this Friday. I was thinking: Yes, another week to make more icons! So, in all my excitement I wrote the 10th instead of 5th...knowing all the while that it was the 5th, Friday.
                                Glad you know when the due date is, would have hated for you to miss out because you had the wrong date. Looking forward to seeing which ones are yours.

Saw another report on the Sci-Fi Convention in Paris here on Tuawahine's LJ. Enjoyed the report and the picutres. Thought I would pass on the link.

sig by Varda

Comment

Working...
                                X