Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got more icons:

I'd post them on my LJ but I've lost all my bookmarks and history...some Firefox error...so I no longer have the link for posting icons on LJ...that grid thingamajig.
    Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 22 February 2010, 03:07 PM. Reason: Spelling fail
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

*Stares at dirty face and arm hair*

*drools a little*
      Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
      I'd post them on my LJ but I've lost all my bookmarks and history...some Fierfox error...so I no longer have the link for posting icons on LJ...that grid thingamajig.
      Great icons RIG! If posting to LJ though, they'll need to be 100 x 100 (I make 3-4 different sizes when saving mine now )

The link to the table generator is here

Why don't you try this challenge here - sgmen_itest - Challenge 2 this week is Rodney McKay! There are smoking hot pics to use (esp that first one - camera looking down... guh!) The deadline is this Friday
      Last edited by x Varda x; 22 February 2010, 02:21 PM.
      McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
        Great icons RIG!
        Thanx.

If posting to LJ though, they'll need to be 100 x 100 (I make 3-4 different sizes when saving mine now )
        Yeah, I know.

The link to the table generator is here
        Thank you.

Why don't you try this challenge here - sgmen_itest - Challenge 2 this week is Rodney McKay! There are smoking hot pics to use (esp that first one - camera looking down... guh!) The deadline is this Friday
        Maybe I will...
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

Wow...talk about up close and personal! Thanks!

nice pics rig + elisa!
          Thanks!

Those were yours!! Wow..they are really good! These three were my favorite! Well done on the icons!

from an LJ icon contest (the last one won 'mod's choice' )
          Congratulations!

Got some icons myself...
          This one is my favorite of the set! "Pucker up"..oh yeah!

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
          May I also suggest
          Awesome Hewletts - news about David and Kate.
          Yep, follow that one as well!

Results for the lot 4 McKay items on the Propworx eBay auction
          - McKay goggles ($260/10 bids)
          Those really looked silly on Rodney!! Don't think the winner is going to be wearing them in public! Well, I hope not!

Technical description: Production-modified black cotton t-shirt by Calvin Klein. Has a flap cut out of the front and then sewn shut by production. Size M.[/i]
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...Rodneyedit.jpg
          Nice picture!!

Oooh...liked this one!

Maybe I will...
          You should!! You do good work!

sig by Varda

Comment

Well, dangflabbit! I missed ya!

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
            Wow...talk about up close and personal! Thanks!
            Glad you like it!

This one is my favorite of the set! "Pucker up"..oh yeah!
            The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that the text got all fuzzed up after I saved it. Happens every time I save an icon w/text on Gimp...lately. It was much sharper and brighter in the original... Happy you like it the most...I have a jumperload of kissyface pics I could make into icons.

Oooh...liked this one!
            I'm rather fond of it myself.

You should!! You do good work!
            Aw, shucks. Thanks. I'm learnin' Gimp slowly but surely.

Um, question(s)... Do you (I) have to make icons for all 3 challenges? #1 is Light, #2 is Rodney McKay and #3 is The Gamekeeper. The rules state that I could do upto 5 icons for each challenge. Does that mean we (I) have to do all 3 challenges or do we get to pick one challenge? Also, I'm not sure I understand how to post (my) entries. Do I have to let them know if I'm entering this contest or can I just post my icons? Is it open to anyone who is a member of this community? Which, btw, I am. ...I'm so confused! ACK!

EDIT: Okay, now that I've read the profile (with very small font mind you - had to do a zoom on it) and the challenge for the billionth time I'm gonna say we(I) gotta do all three challenges...should be interesting.
            Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 22 February 2010, 07:17 PM.
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

Um, question(s)... Do you (I) have to make icons for all 3 challenges?
              No. I only usually make Rodney icons so I ignored the third challenge and anything SG1 related. You are allowed to enter a maximum of 5 icons. There is nothing stopping you from just creating one icon (although submitting 5 is preferable if you want to win!)
              Also, I'm not sure I understand how to post (my) entries. Do I have to let them know if I'm entering this contest or can I just post my icons? Is it open to anyone who is a member of this community? Which, btw, I am. ...I'm so confused! ACK!
              Post your icons as a comment to the post I linked above. The comment will only be visible to you and the mods. Post the picture and then the link (the html code you need can be copied and pasted from the box in the challenge post)

I have 6 Rodney icons for the first couple of challenges... it's so hard whittling it down to five
              McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

No. I only usually make Rodney icons so I ignored the third challenge and anything SG1 related. You are allowed to enter a maximum of 5 icons. There is nothing stopping you from just creating one icon (although submitting 5 is preferable if you want to win!)
                Post your icons as a comment to the post I linked above. The comment will only be visible to you and the mods. Post the picture and then the link (the html code you need can be copied and pasted from the box in the challenge post)
                Thank you for clearing things up for me. I feel so stupid now. I know that it helps to have text in (not every) icons but I'm afraid to add text because of the whole fuzzy snafu. Oh well, we'll see...

I have 6 Rodney icons for the first couple of challenges... it's so hard whittling it down to five
                Yes, it's always hard choosing your favorites when you love them all.

And now a pic for on topicness.
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

I know that it helps to have text in (not every) icons but I'm afraid to add text because of the whole fuzzy snafu. Oh well, we'll see...
                  Hope to see them! Fuzzy words and all!

Nice topic!

Rodney in his red jumper suit.....
                  Spoiler:

sig by Varda

Comment

Hope to see them! Fuzzy words and all!
                    I already made few...got bored...now I'm watching American Idol. I'm off again tomorrow so there will be more time for me to make more.

Nice topic!
                    Thanx.

Oh my!

I think thisfit's us perfectly!
                    (I'm the one on the left)
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

I already made few...got bored...now I'm watching American Idol. I'm off again tomorrow so there will be more time for me to make more.
                      \0/ Thank goodness for days off! Looking forward to them!

Oh my!

I think thisfit's us perfectly!
                      (I'm the one on the left)
                      That is so cute!!! Snurched! And yes, I think it does fit us perfectly! I'm the one on the right! I don't mind changing my hair to blond!

sig by Varda

Comment

\0/ Thank goodness for days off!
                        Yes, thank goodness!

Looking forward to them!
                        Well, I don't think you can see them until after the contest.

That is so cute!!! Snurched! And yes, I think it does fit us perfectly! I'm the one on the right! I don't mind changing my hair to blond!
                        My hair is brown, s'why I'm the one on the left.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

Well, I don't think you can see them until after the contest.
                          Well....I will see them, I just won't know which one(s) are yours.

My hair is brown, s'why I'm the one on the left.

Did Zuz make that smiley?

sig by Varda

Comment

Random piccies

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

The first of the Paris Stargate convention reports are making their way to the web. I've gathered what I could find here. For the video interview by Stephane Dubois, I have 16 caps here. A sample:

My kind of guy:
                              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Well....I will see them, I just won't know which one(s) are yours.
                                Quite right.

Did Zuz make that smiley?
                                Possibly...not sure.

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                                The first of the Paris Stargate convention reports are making their way to the web. I've gathered what I could find here. For the video interview by Stephane Dubois, I have 16 caps here. A sample:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...t-0045700c.jpg
                                Thanx for this! I watched the video now I'm gonna have a peek at those caps!

Spoilered for video:
                                Spoiler:
                                David speaks a little French... and isn't wearing his wedding ring, wonder why?
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X