Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello
    I know most of you are really good at doing this

But for those that are new or missed the big announcement at the top of the Character & Relationship Folder & Off Topic Folder......

Pictures rules-
    1) They cannot be larger than the forum boundaries, 300x400 is a good size. They cannot be larger than 100K.

2)If they are called from another server you must have permission to hotlink to them. Links like this do put a drain on servers and too many folks linking to too many pictures has been known to take a server down every once in a while.

.gif rules -
    1) They cannot be larger than the forum boundaries. They cannot be larger than 100K

Also a reminder that we have requested that you DO NOT REPOST pictures. Please change the IMG tags to URL when quoting a picture.

If you are unsure how to do this, it means that you literally change the letters IMG, /IMG to URL, /URL and it will change the picture to a link in the quoted post

We are asking for this due to bandwidth it uses on the server and you can help lower that as well as be thought of as wonderful to our Dial-Up members

Post not adhering to this will be deleted. The Moderators will not be changing the tags any longer

Thanks
    TameFarrar
    GateWorld Moderator
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
      Good night!! Happy Rodney whumping dreams!
      I don't ever remember my dreams, but thoughts during the day tend to be what gets me
      Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
      Aww, poor Varda! You liked Karate too...
      I don't think I did, which is why I decided to have a break. I think I used to, but not for quite some time now. Made me think 'why the hell am I doing something I don't enjoy!?'
      I've had that same craving...for the green olives with the little pimentos. YUM!
      Yep, they're the ones. Too much salt though

Just got sent 3 overly critical, very long reviews, poking holes in my stories with a sharp, sharp knife.

McKAY: (types) Varda, you will stop writing your terrible stories about me getting hurt and do something more productive with your life.

Not really what I needed, as it's the only feedback for over a week and I was already quite broken.

I went and signed up at the gym though, ick. Got my induction tomorrow... it's not going to be pleasant

The gym?! No!
      Spoiler:

I dunno though, will there be hot people there?

Perhaps it won't be so bad. There's always ideas to have whilst sprinting at 2mph on the treadmill
      McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Thanx for the reminder Tame!

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
        I don't ever remember my dreams,
        I remember mine...for a little while anyway. Like last night, I dreamt about an interior designer from a tv show here in the states called Color Splash...his first name just happens to be David.

I don't think I did, which is why I decided to have a break. I think I used to, but not for quite some time now. Made me think 'why the hell am I doing something I don't enjoy!?
        Ah. Why the hell indeed. I know you used to talk about it from time to time but not so much recently...now I know why.

'Yep, they're the ones. Too much salt though
        Yeah, good thing I don't eat them too often. But, Thanksgiving is coming up so I'll be eating a lot of them.

Just got sent 3 overly critical, very long reviews, poking holes in my stories with a sharp, sharp knife.
        Aww, those meanies!

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/r...BAMSR114-1.jpg
        McKAY: (types) Varda, you will stop writing your terrible stories about me getting hurt and do something more productive with your life.

Not really what I needed, as it's the only feedback for over a week and I was already quite broken.
        Sometimes life bites!

I went and signed up at the gym though, ick. Got my induction tomorrow... it's not going to be pleasant
        That's what I need to do. I had a free membership to a gym years ago but that was because I was an employee at the time, I did clerical (secretarial) stuff in an office. I rather liked it, and the gym was pretty neat too.

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/r...x04Duet140.jpg
        The gym?! No!
        Spoiler:
        http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/r...x04Duet142.jpg
        I dunno though, will there be hot people there?

Perhaps it won't be so bad. There's always ideas to have whilst sprinting at 2mph on the treadmill
        I would LOVE to see Rodney working out! I kept hoping to see it happen in the show but...those damn male writers!
        Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 19 November 2009, 10:36 AM.
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

I had a Rodney dream this morning.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenheart View Post
            I had a Rodney dream this morning.
            Lucky girl!!!
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

Lucky girl!!!
              I don't think he'd consider it lucky. From what I remember of it(Rodney wandering around Atlantis), it was most likely brought on by writing Silent Atlantis.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanx for the reminder Tame!
                Um, you didn't remove the img tags in your quote...
                I remember mine...for a little while anyway. Like last night, I dreamt about an interior designer from a tv show here in the states called Color Splash...his first name just happens to be David.
                I had a couple of bad nightmares a few weeks ago... really horrible (but not like my fics, no gore or anything, just unpleasant)
                Aww, those meanies!
                Sometimes life bites!
                It was the same person. I went and curled up and snoozed listening to blaring Kamelot songs. Feel better now
                That's what I need to do. I had a free membership to a gym years ago but that was because I was an employee at the time, I did clerical stiff in an office. I rather liked it, and the gym was pretty neat too.
                You may want to correct that typo I get a discount for working at a major company in the same town 20% too
                I would LOVE to see Rodney working out! I kept hoping to see it happen in the show but...those damn male writers!
                He did some running in Childhood's End, but that was just whumpy

And maybe a bit guttery too

Last edited by x Varda x; 19 November 2009, 10:57 AM.

Comment

81 posts until 15,000!

Originally posted by Ravenheart View Post
                  I don't think he'd consider it lucky. From what I remember of it(Rodney wandering around Atlantis), it was most likely brought on by writing Silent Atlantis.
                  Oh, not much fun for him then.

Um, you didn't remove the img tags in your quote...
                  Fixed.
                  I had a couple of nightmares a few weeks bad... really horrible (but not like my fics, no gore or anything, just unpleasant)
                  Ooh, was that typo done on purpose? Because it works...sorta.
                  It was the same person.
                  Geez! That makes it even worse!

I went and curled up and snoozed listening to blaring Kamelot songs. Feel better now
                  Good!

You may want to correct that typo
                  Will do.

I get a discount for working at a major company in the same town 20% too
                  Kewl!

He did some running in Childhood's End, but that was just whumpy
                  Yep, he ran in a couple other episodes too...Tracker comes to mind, as does Runner.

Oh yeah!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

Yep, he ran in a couple other episodes too...Tracker comes to mind, as does Runner.

Oh yeah!

He also ran a little bit in Miller's Crossing, Brain Storm and The Shrine.
                    sigpic

Comment

Had a look... well, they are con-crit, so useful? They're not saying they didn't like the stories, after all I get that sort sometimes... and then I tell myself over and over that they'll make me a better writer, and sometimes that almost works

That's what I need to do. I had a free membership to a gym years ago but that was because I was an employee at the time, I did clerical (secretarial) stuff in an office. I rather liked it, and the gym was pretty neat too.

I should join a gym at some point - I just find it so mind-numbingly boring But I do loads of biking around between colleges and departments, so I guess that counts a bit...

Rodney working out... nice image!

I had a couple of nightmares a few weeks bad... really horrible (but not like my fics, no gore or anything, just unpleasant)
                      I have nightmares most nights - it's the medication I take Sucks, but ah well. At least I don't always remember them...

And they run away from things... like that explosion in Suspicion *waits for someone to post that picture*

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Shadowdancer View Post
                        Had a look... well, they are con-crit, so useful? They're not saying they didn't like the stories, after all I get that sort sometimes... and then I tell myself over and over that they'll make me a better writer, and sometimes that almost works
                        I take any criticism very badly. Probably because if I don't like a fic I just move on without leaving a comment and also because I give up my time to write stuff and if someone's going to pull it to pieces months after I've finished (and forgotten about it) then why am I even bothering?
                        I should join a gym at some point - I just find it so mind-numbingly boring But I do loads of biking around between colleges and departments, so I guess that counts a bit...
                        Yes, I find gyms boring, but I have to go because I'm very unfit and overweight
                        I have nightmares most nights - it's the medication I take Sucks, but ah well. At least I don't always remember them...
                        Oh! Not good!
                        And they run away from things... like that explosion in Suspicion *waits for someone to post that picture*
                        This one?

Perhaps not
                        Spoiler:

Just in case you didn't get that
                        Spoiler:

Although personally I prefer his front
                        Last edited by x Varda x; 19 November 2009, 11:09 AM.

Comment

I take any criticism very badly. Probably because if I don't like a fic I just move on without leaving a comment and also because I give up my time to write stuff and if someone's going to pull it to pieces months after I've finished (and forgotten about it) then why am I even bothering?
                          But they aren't bad reviews - I guess you have to tell yourself that if someone'll take the time to write it all out, it's because they see lots of potential in it? I mean, we all do get better with everything we write, and there's always stuff to improve. Personally, I look back at everything I've published and think 'oh dear, I have to do much better next time' - but then I have really ridiculous standards for myself My boyfriend calls me Rodney sometimes - and it's for a reason

Yep, the second one

Although personally I prefer his front
                          Oh, so do I - but doesn't hurt to also consider the options

Comment

But they aren't bad reviews - I guess you have to tell yourself that if someone'll take the time to write it all out, it's because they see lots of potential in it? I mean, we all do get better with everything we write, and there's always stuff to improve. Personally, I look back at everything I've published and think 'oh dear, I have to do much better next time' - but then I have really ridiculous standards for myself My boyfriend calls me Rodney sometimes - and it's for a reason
                            I suppose I'm just a bit too much like Rodney (petty ), which is why I relate to him more than I have done to any other character *ever* Had someone on LJ call me petty last week for worrying about writing my 18k mega-fic for the secret santa and getting a 1k fic in return They had to point out that there are 111 people participating, so plenty of fic to go around.
                            Oh, so do I - but doesn't hurt to also consider the options

I like the shadows down his front in a couple of the pics in my siggy, and people have the nerve to complain about him not being muscly/toned! I much prefer squishy *drool*

Sig is here (for future generations as I change my sig every couple o' weeks
                            http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/r...GunSigText.jpg

Comment

I suppose I'm just a bit too much like Rodney (petty ), which is why I relate to him more than I have done to any other character *ever* Had someone on LJ call me petty last week for worrying about writing my 18k mega-fic for the secret santa and getting a 1k fic in return They had to point out that there are 111 people participating, so plenty of fic to go around.
                              Saw that But yeah, there are lots of people, and you could get an exquisitly written 1K fic

Mine's got up to 5K now... no idea how close it is to finishing, really - somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3 of the way through, I think. Then I need to edit, which'll make it longer. It's very action-y...

I like the shadows down his front in a couple of the pics in my siggy, and people complain about him not being muscly! I much prefer squishy *drool*
                              Squishy is nicer to hug

And I love your sig, btw - don't think I've said that yet

Comment

Saw that But yeah, there are lots of people, and you could get an exquisitly written 1K fic

Mine's got up to 5K now... no idea how close it is to finishing, really - somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3 of the way through, I think. Then I need to edit, which'll make it longer. It's very action-y...
                                Cool I still have to edit mine, I'll probably start later tonight. It's wall to wall whump/angst/UST, but at the mo I feel it's inconsistent and a tad episodic, but I'll try to fix it up
                                Squishy is nicer to hug
                                Definitely!
                                And I love your sig, btw - don't think I've said that yet
                                Ooo, thanks I had to rearrange the pics a bit, as in the first version I ended up with Rodney pointing the gun at himself in the next picture

I'm going to sort my room now... see if I can throw away some more spiders

Comment

Working...
                                X