Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
    Nah, I'm always like it. Rodney even more so...
    And here I thought Rodney was snarky.

It's the weekend! I might finally try and write 'Part 3' in my trilogy of Rodney torture stories (the kidnap one). I've had the mapped plot on my comp for a couple of months now
    YAY!

Our good friend, Blue, (AKA frith_in_thorns) hast won the LFWS (Last Fic Writer Standing) this round with yet another excellent Rodney wonder!fic

Rubicon
    Prompt for the Round: The story must be related to the prompt word 'dark'. It must have at least one member of the team and it must contain either H/C or angst, or both.
    Oh, wow! Way to go Blue! Can't wait to read it!

I'll be over here hugging my three hopeless 'participation' banners (only one of which was for fic) Hmm, maybe I'm sad enough to carry on working on that Rodney death fic that's been burning a hole in my harddrive 5 months?
    3 banners? Not bad! Uh, Rodney death fic? Death fic? A death fic about Rodney? *wimpers*
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

I'm in a really sarky mood today. Was pretty bad at work, and then I get home and...
      Aww..hope work gets better!

well, see my sig (and the location) I really think I'm worse than Rodney sometimes (if that's even possible )
      OMG!! That so-and-so!!
      That was just plain o' mean of them! Pooey on them!

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
      And as for your sig, that person wouldn't know a good fic if it bit her/him in the ass!
      Wish it would bite them on the ass!

Rodney even more so...
      It's the weekend! I might finally try and write 'Part 3' in my trilogy of Rodney torture stories (the kidnap one). I've had the mapped plot on my comp for a couple of months now
      Part 3...YAY! Hope you do decide to write it!

Our good friend, Blue, (AKA frith_in_thorns) hast won the LFWS (Last Fic Writer Standing) this round with yet another excellent Rodney wonder!fic
      Rubicon
      Prompt for the Round: The story must be related to the prompt word 'dark'. It must have at least one member of the team and it must contain either H/C or angst, or both.
      Hey..congratulations Blue!!
      I don't think I read that one, so thanks Varda for posting the link!

I'll be over here hugging my three hopeless 'participation' banners (only one of which was for fic)
      Aww...but I love your stories!

sig by Varda

Comment

And we all know that good things come to those who wait.
        Most of the time, but wasn't his first project turned down after about 2 yrs!?
        So the sooner the better!

Oh, I nominated David for a few OPENWEBAWARDS over at http://mashable.com/owa/ You have to log in to vote.
        Went over....got confused....left! Sorry! I tried!

Originally posted by Alder View Post
        Oh my...
        ...what is it with me and guys in suits?
        Nothing out of the ordinary!

Uh, Rodney death fic? Death fic? A death fic about Rodney? *wimpers*
        Oh my!! I didn't read that part....*wimpers with RiG*
        I guess I just replaced death fic with whumper fic! *scratches head* It's been a long day!

sig by Varda

Comment

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
          Wish it would bite them on the ass!
          Me too!

Aww...but I love your stories!
          Me too!

Most of the time, but wasn't his first project turned down after about 2 yrs!?
          Erm, I think so - I'd forgotten about that.

So the sooner the better!
          I suppose you're right.

Went over....got confused....left! Sorry! I tried!
          Tis better to have tried and failed then to never have tried at all... I'm paraphrasing of course.

Nothing out of the ordinary!
          ...at all.

Oh my!! I didn't read that part....*wimpers with RiG*
          I guess I just replaced death fic with whumper fic! *scratches head* It's been a long day!
          It happens to me more than I'd care to admit so...you're not alone.
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

Tis better to have tried and failed then to never have tried at all... I'm paraphrasing of course.

It happens to me more than I'd care to admit so...you're not alone.
            Good to know!

Just because, some pics from 38 minutes...
            Spoiler:

sig by Varda

Comment

And here I thought Rodney was snarky.
              Sarky is slang for sarcastic. It's possibly Brit!slang, but my brick sized dictionary with the word usage/origins is downstairs
              3 banners? Not bad! Uh, Rodney death fic? Death fic? A death fic about Rodney? *wimpers*
              Sure, but it's so sad I haven't physically been able to work on it since July. The vision blurs, the hopeless blubbing starts, and it's all downhill after that. You already know the title though, I told you ages ago; 'And the Sky was Full of Stars.' I just read through what I have so far and OMG that's depressing Just what I needed... What was this dream? *sad sigh*
              Aww..hope work gets better!

OMG!! That so-and-so!!
              That was just plain o' mean of them! Pooey on them!
              I did laugh about it earlier, but I think that was more out of insanity/shock rather than amusement
              Part 3...YAY! Hope you do decide to write it!
              I will indeed. Too tired to start tonight. It doesn't even have a title yet...
              McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

I will indeed. Too tired to start tonight. It doesn't even have a title yet...
                No title..how about Torture III? Hey, if it's good enough for Saw III, it's good enough for anything!

sig by Varda

Comment

The b-b-belt in those ones… (and that tiny gap ) guh!
                  No title..how about Torture III? Hey, if it's good enough for Saw III, it's good enough for anything!
                  Alas, without a title it feels kinda directionless, but I'll get there eventually!

Comment

Nah, I'm always like it. Rodney even more so...
                    Yay! Looking forward to reading it!

Oh, wow! Way to go Blue! Can't wait to read it!
                    Hey..congratulations Blue!!
                    I don't think I read that one, so thanks Varda for posting the link!
                    Thank you very much

Sarky is slang for sarcastic. It's possibly Brit!slang, but my brick sized dictionary with the word usage/origins is downstairs
                    Yep, probably britslang. I use it, anyway

Sure, but it's so sad I haven't physically been able to work on it since July. The vision blurs, the hopeless blubbing starts, and it's all downhill after that. You already know the title though, I told you ages ago; 'And the Sky was Full of Stars.' I just read through what I have so far and OMG that's depressing Just what I needed... What was this dream? *sad sigh*
                    But deathfics are fun to write! I'd say a good half (at least) of my NY oneshots involve the death of one or more of my favourite characters Starts thinking about killing Rodney...

Comment

So sorry about your flamer Varda. Hope you can get past it because that person is not worth thinking about. To say things like that is just plain thoughtless and rude. I can see people not enjoying a fic someone wrote but to say worthless, unproductive things like that is just a waste. Very sad and I'm very sorry people treat you or others that way as I'm sure you are not the first to have things like that said. That's part of the reason I have never tried to write or don't share a lot of pics that I do except in safe places where I know they will be accepted and not flamed.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Varda}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}]
                      Shelly
                      My Photos
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RDAfan61 View Post
                        To say things like that is just plain thoughtless and rude. I can see people not enjoying a fic someone wrote but to say worthless, unproductive things like that is just a waste. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Varda}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}]
                        Well said RDAfan61!!

Saw some great icons on Ailurophile6's LJ

sig by Varda

Comment

Elisa! Hi! Nice icons
                          Originally posted by Blue Shadowdancer View Post
                          Yay! Looking forward to reading it!
                          The current favourite for the title is 'Perfectly Heartless' It's either write that or carry on tidying my room... uh, I know which one I prefer now
                          But deathfics are fun to write! I'd say a good half (at least) of my NY oneshots involve the death of one or more of my favourite characters Starts thinking about killing Rodney...
                          Fun?!
                          Originally posted by RDAfan61 View Post
                          So sorry about your flamer Varda. Hope you can get past it because that person is not worth thinking about. To say things like that is just plain thoughtless and rude. I can see people not enjoying a fic someone wrote but to say worthless, unproductive things like that is just a waste. Very sad and I'm very sorry people treat you or others that way as I'm sure you are not the first to have things like that said. That's part of the reason I have never tried to write or don't share a lot of pics that I do except in safe places where I know they will be accepted and not flamed.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Varda}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}]
                          That's a lot of hugs! Thanks

I could delete that one because it's unsigned, but 'everyone's entitled to their own opinion' It's not as bad as the flames I got for Veil of Dreams.

I suppose it's the same for all artists - some will like it, some will hate it. The riskier/more different it is, the more the audience is polarised. I can understand bad reviews for popular media (eg films, TV shows, books etc) but to get one on something that was written for fun where the author is unpaid is downright rude. If you're going to leave one it could at least be constructive (like: this is stupid because...)

Anyhoo, I capped The Daedalus Variations about a week ago, so some pics:-

V A few more V
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Elisa! Hi! Nice icons
                            Hi Varda!!

The current favourite for the title is 'Perfectly Heartless'
                            Sounds like a great title for a tortue story! I mean, they would have to be perfectly heartless to torture our Rodney!

It's either write that or carry on tidying my room... uh, I know which one I prefer now
                            Tidy your room or write fic......hmm...well I vote for you to write fic!!

Wow!! Great pictures!! Love Rodney in his black t-shirt, showing off his arms!! Yummy!! Thanks, and I've snurched them!

sig by Varda

Comment

Sounds like a great title for a tortue story! I mean, they would have to be perfectly heartless to torture our Rodney!
                              Definitely - like Michael or the guy I'm using in the story
                              Tidy your room or write fic......hmm...well I vote for you to write fic!!
                              I can't actually get in my room anymore due to the mess of my abandoned tidy attempt
                              Wow!! Great pictures!! Love Rodney in his black t-shirt, showing off his arms!! Yummy!! Thanks, and I've snurched them!
                              I have a few more

Spoiler:

Then there is of course... the opera singing one...
                              Spoiler:

McKay: LAAAAAAAAAAA! *smash*

Comment

Definitely - like Michael or the guy I'm using in the story
                                Varda...I'm have a brain fart right now...but you said this part 3...have I read the previous 2?

I can't actually get in my room anymore due to the mess of my abandoned tidy attempt
                                my room is same! I just step over the stuff! Who need to get to the phone?

Oooh...nice! Thanks for more!

sig by Varda

Comment

Working...
                                X