Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tinah View Post
    The "lemon is right" ( a thread title which implies that Rodney should die ) thread?
    That, I must confess, I find completely unnecessarily obnoxious.
    <insert glaring piano teacher here>

Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly happy myself to post in what might be called the anti-Keller thread (though to be honest, it's not so much 'anti', usually, as 'why didn't they make this character better, and here's how they could have done it') - however! It's not called "Keller - Whiny Little Child-Woman" or "Oh Doctor I'm In Trouble - Well, Goodness Gracious Me", or anything else deliberately rude or sarcastic.

I'm aware some folk dislike McKay and that's totally their prerogative, but I really wish - given the new site mission statement [GateWorld Community Vision, I found it!] (that's not the correct term, quite, but I can't find it off hand) - that it could be given a more neutral title. *sigh*
    Last edited by Alder; 14 August 2009, 03:11 PM. Reason: Found the vision statement thingy. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
      buon apettite!!
      Thanx... it was delicious!

I never ever ever EVER go into those treads. Too much Rodney hatin' for me. And as for that "Lemon" thread... UGH! ACK! and URGH!

Love your new sig Tinah!
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Och, we're all too serious all of a sudden!

How'd you like some smiling Rodney pictures? Yes? Are you sure...?

Oh, all right then.

Spoiler:

Aww...

Double aww...!

Woah, he seems almost relaxed for once!

Smiley *and* young...

And one of those "I'm really quite pleased with myself..." looks that we're so fond of.

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
          Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly happy myself to post in what might be called the anti-Keller thread
          I've been thinking of visiting it... but then I realised that about 90% of my dislike for this character stems from the fact that "she got the man I want" and that's really not adding anything constructive to a discussion!

I really wish - given the new site mission statement (that's not the correct term, quite, but I can't find it off hand) - that it could be given a more neutral title. *sigh*
          I think, when I joined Gateworld, they were in the process of re-naming threads and voting for the most popular name for each one of the pro/anti threads. Strange how the mods could accept something like that, when you're not allowed to, for example, talk about killing a character you hate. Because that's what it actually means, we all know what citrus does to Rodney. It's just a "witty" way of saying you think he should die.

Comment

Oh, all right then.
            Thank you! I needed that. Seem to sort of have the knack of coming across things that upset me in Stargate fandom today. Now I'm finally going to drag myself off to bed ( it's 01.22 in Sweden ) and hope that your lovely pics inspire sweet dreams!

Comment

Great Rodney smiles Alder!
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

*Squee* 5 hours til I head off to the airport!

A bit late but I agree with you guys on McKay being brilliant for being 'normal'.

All the people who moan about him being a coward etc... I challenge them to take a top Astrophysicist and give them a gun and shove them in a warzone and get better results...

I doubt I could pull off any of my skillsets when being chased by space vmpires

It really annoys me that it is fine to be vicious about Rodney but be mean about other characters in the same way and you get dire warnings...

*sigh*
                sig by me

Comment

You actually read those threads? The "lemon is right" ( a thread title which implies that Rodney should die ) thread? The "did TPTB's focus on Rodney ruin SGA?" thread? *shudders* Yes, I've seen them, but never dared venture into them, not even to read.
                  There's another whumping thread I missed? Goody I just had to go there and post

Oh, all right then.
                  I see your Rodney smiles and raise you...
                  Spoiler:

(See the guy in the middle is still pointing that gun at DH even though this is BTS )

Guy in middle: That was too funny! Maybe I won't shoot you after all. lol.

Wow! Rodney sure smiles a lot... I also seem to have a hell of a lot of pictures of him smiling, that's odd considering I'm a whumper

Oopsy. I should've spent the evening fic writing. but I have no. motivation. I'm not exactly inspired either esp as I have 5 chapters to churn out and only one week left
                  McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Made a banner

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenheart View Post
                      Cute! Which reminds me... made these...

Spoiler:
                      Also, I just discovered about 140 new fonts I hadn't installed
                      Last edited by x Varda x; 14 August 2009, 04:13 PM. Reason: a 'blue' moment :P
                      McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Those are gorgeous! Consider them snurched.
                        sigpic

Comment

I kid you not, dear Rodney thunkers: I've spent hours making this siggie! Literally hours!
                          Time well spent! Well done on your new sig! Love it!

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
                          Dunno what anyone's talking about half the time. I just click on the links and see what's there. Usually something very nice
                          Me too! But I do love to click on the link! Glad I clicked on yours! Thanks!
                          Loved the icons! Snurched! Thanks!

A couple of pics.
                          If only those pants were a bit tighter.
                          Totally agree!!

One of "those" threads?
                          You mean the threads where you're taken to task for not wanting to watch SGU, and your personal reasons for this personal decision are questioned and deemed insufficient or even nonexistant? Where you're told that "SGA is dead, and it was crap anyway, so just get over it"?
                          *shakes head* I stay away from them after a few 'encounters'. I totally suck at giving 'them' a piece of my mind.

That's why this thread is so great! None of them would want to come here, so we're all safe
                          Thank goodness! Don't what to deal with 'them' here!

I do still read the negative threads, but I'll never post there again. It was very upsetting My poor Rodney
                          I don't even go there. I just go to the SGA movie one to see what's up. Love how you and Tinah posted there.

Don't worry about me, I can fight off anti-Mckay folk with my trusty laptop and dry wit.
                          Good! My hero!

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                          I'm back but gotta eat dinner now... Eggplant grinder! YUM!
                          Welcome back! Happy eating!
                          Did the cake make it safely to it's destination in one piece?

How'd you like some smiling Rodney pictures? Yes? Are you sure...? Oh, all right then.
                          Thanks for the smiles!!

sig by Varda

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonsKitty View Post

A bit late but I agree with you guys on McKay being brilliant for being 'normal'.
                            I agree too.

I would have added more to that conversation but I just didn't have the time, was running everywhere!

All the people who moan about him being a coward etc... I challenge them to take a top Astrophysicist and give them a gun and shove them in a warzone and get better results...

It really annoys me that it is fine to be vicious about Rodney but be mean about other characters in the same way and you get dire warnings...

*sigh*
                            AMEN SISTER!

I see your Rodney smiles and raise you...
                            http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/r...A1x16BTS65.jpg
                            (See the guy in the middle is still pointing that gun at DH even though this is BTS )
                            Gasp! The nerve of that man!

Wow! Rodney sure smiles a lot... I also seem to have a hell of a lot of pictures of him smiling, that's odd considering I'm a whumper
                            Which is very strange indeed.

OMG! Raven made a non-Anders banner!

I love it!

Okay, now I'm jealous! I wanna be able to do that but I don't think I can with Gimp. I wanna give him an aura as well but that's another thing I don't think Gimp can do... unless I'm missing something... which, knowing me, is a distinct possibility.

Love them tho.

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
                            Welcome back! Happy eating!
                            Did the cake make it safely to it's destination in one piece?
                            Yup. Sitting in my fridge until mom takes it to my brother's house tomorrow, that's where the party is gonna be and I have to miss it because I gotta work tomorrow. It's an Italian Rum cake. Sis's fave. I'm getting a chocolate cake for my birthday... next month.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post

OMG! Raven made a non-Anders banner!

I love it!

Thanks. I could do another Anders banner, I just need a few hours to come up with something.

I was even thinking of doing an Anders video.
                              sigpic

Comment

OOOoooOOOOoOO Nice Banners and icons! me likey ^__^ LOL

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                                Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
                                Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X