No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAMN TNT for not showing next week's perview on The Closer!

Comment

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
      Good idea! Thanks for that!

Edit: Found the schedule on TNT. Apparently the episode 'Walking Back the Cat' will air 3 times:
      Monday, June 29, 9:00PM ET
      Walking Back The Cat

Saturday, July 4, 9:00AM ET
      Walking Back The Cat

Monday, July 6, 8:00PM ET
      Walking Back The Cat
      Thanx for the heads up!

Originally posted by Earthgate Ricky View Post
      Shoot! I forgot to check for it myself... I was gonna but DAMN MY ABSENT BRAIN! At least I didn't miss it!
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Earthgate Ricky View Post
        They didn't show it? Somebody twittered David that they saw some scenes so I thought I missed it since I forgot to watch this week's Closer.

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
          They didn't show it? Somebody twittered David that they saw some scenes so I thought I missed it since I forgot to watch this week's Closer.
          WOW! Watcher652, Where have you been???

The commercial isn't even on TNT's website yet! GRRRRR!
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
            WOW! Watcher652, Where have you been???

The commercial isn't even on TNT's website yet! GRRRRR!
            Well, the show hasn't finshed airing on the West Coast, so I don't expect it until then.

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
              Well, the show hasn't finshed airing on the West Coast, so I don't expect it until then.
              Ah, right, of course. Duh!
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Does anyone know the Canadian network that shows "The Closer"???
                MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Funny captions, and lovely little... part of a song thing... Not that I've ever heard it ( I think, I'm not very much into music ) but it fits very well together and perfectly describes my/our feelings! ( Except I thought he was an annoying little thing on SG-1, until I rewatched those episodes after 4 seasons of SGA... )

I have seriously no idea what happens on Swedish television, but I'm assuming that ( if we even have "The Closer" here ) that anything that's new in the US takes a year or so to get here... Think I'm gonna stick to converting my DVD-player... some day!

Comment

Various yummy pics filed under 'random'...

Spoiler:

Love it when he's all intense about an explanation...

"Calm down everyone, I'l get us out of this in a minute."

Awwww...

"I'm brilliant and I know it! And I know you know it too..."
                    Last edited by Alder; 07 July 2009, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Guh... the eyes in the explaining one....

*thud*
                      sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
                        Various yummy pics filed under 'random'...
                        Random's good! And I totally agree on his eyes being beautiful in the second one! I also love seeing him in blue, since it's a ) my favourite colour b ) David's favourite colour ( Yay! We have something in common! ) and c ) matching his eyes! BTW, am I the only one who's noticed the "blue = science department <- Star Trek" connection?

Finally picked this icon, his eyes are so beautiful! My number one favourite is actually the one Varda uses, but since she's so active in these threads I felt it was... you know, like when two women end up wearing the same dress at a party... feeling like a copy-cat.

Custom avatars, yes... *sighs* If we'd been rewarded according to word count instead of post count, I might have had a chance... I have a tendency to write few, but long, posts...

Comment

Thing is with Startrek though... techs wore yellow (thinking Geordie and B'Lanna here) And Medical wore blue... Elizabeth in red matched Picard and Janeway though...
                          sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonsKitty View Post
                            Thing is with Startrek though... techs wore yellow (thinking Geordie and B'Lanna here) And Medical wore blue... Elizabeth in red matched Picard and Janeway though...
                            From what I've read or interpreted, we have:

TOS:

- blue = science ( medical included, Rodney's opinions notwithstanding )
                            - yellow = command
                            - red = "operations" which can include anything from engineering to security
                            ( - green = Kirk, later )

Spoiler:
                            Well, this is what I've seen somewhere, but some people ( who have "dual" careers maybe? ) can of course only wear one colour, for example Spock who's Science Officer ( sort of like equivalent to Rodney's position ) and First Officer ( second-in-command of ship, Starfleet, closest equivalent would probably be Shep while Sumner was still alive ). There are others, but since this isn't about Star Trek, I'm not going to go on about that...

TNG:

- yellow and red switched, but the divisions remain the same? ( I'm more of a Classic Trekker... )
                            - blue still = science

SGA:

- blue = science, not including medical
                            - yellow = medical
                            - black = military
                            - red = command? I only remember Liz...

Dang, I need to stop ignoring everybody else when Rodney's on-screen...
                            Last edited by Tinah; 23 June 2009, 03:14 AM.

Comment

SGA

Red was command (Liz, then Carter and onto Woolsey)
                              Green was techs (Chuck etc in the Gateroom)
                              sig by me

Comment

Trekkie flies in briefly:

Blue is the only colour that stayed science/medical through the series:
                                TOS: Spock (science officer) and Bones (medical) in blue
                                TNG: Crusher (medical) - can't think of a particular science officer
                                DS9: Dax (science) and Bashir (medical)
                                VOY: The Doctor (medical) - again no specific science officer comes to mind.

Or to quote Memory Alpha, the trek wiki: "Starfleet uniforms were generally characterized by division or department color, displaying rank insignia and position to convey authority and purpose between personnel. In the 23rd century, the colors were red (tactical/engineering, also see Redshirt), gold (command) and blue (science). By the late 24th century, the red and gold colors had been reversed."

So there you go. Guess blue is universal sci-fi language for science!

(It's my favourite colour too...)

Science guy...
                                Last edited by Alder; 07 July 2009, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X