No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah ! If you like McKay,or want to discuss the character,come on in !
    We don't bite ........ok,make that I don't bite.
    I use my "VR fence" panels ! (Just kidding ! Ancient 1 knows what I'm on about. )

EDIT :
    Actually I'd better explain,so no-one thinks I'm actually issuing any GBH threats !
    I referred to often "sitting on the fence" in another thread.
    My VR fence is rather handy.........great view of the discussions,and I can stay out of stuff I want to avoid ,or I'm neutral on !
    I can't keep up with all the threads anyway,so no worries .....
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 17 August 2004, 04:12 AM.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

There's a lot of age-isim in Hollywood. The Suits and/or producers tend to want "younger" actors for their major roles and even if an actor looks young, if a producer/casting maven knows the person's true age, it could work against him/her and s/he may not get hired.

Good on David for not being shy about his details. 36, eh? Hmm....
      Last edited by ShadowMaat; 17 August 2004, 03:50 AM.

Comment

I saw his birthday on the GW calendar page ,but alas ,too late to send a card.
        I'll send one next year though !

The whole casting "ageism" thing really bugs me ! Male stars never seem to have to worry about it too much,but female stars get it all the time.
        *Sigh * Possibly the main reason Actresses tend to keep their D.O.B. secret.
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 17 August 2004, 04:18 AM. Reason: Typo !

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
          I saw his birthday on the GW calendar page ,but alas ,too late to send a card. I'll send one next year though !

The whole casting "ageism" thing really bugs me ! Male stars never seem to have to worry about it too much,but female stars get it all the time.

*Sigh * Possibly the main reason Actresses tend to keep their D.O.B. secret.
          Everyone can keep their year of birth quiet. But it would be nice to wish the actors a Happy Birthday on the appropriate date.

Gateworld has a calendar, huh? I'm new here, I just found this site because of Atlantis. I'll have to find the calendar and see if the other birthdays are noted.

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            Good on David for not being shy about his details. 36, eh? Hmm....
            I've known he was 36 for quite awhile. I calculated it...my limited math skills came in handy for something..

Lol, I'm used to stating David's age by now. People (mainly my family... ) think I'm weird for liking him and ask: "How old is he?"
            "He's only 36!"
            I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              Dunno about "official" clubs, but someone could always start an unofficial one. I'm more prone to like stuff originating with the fans than some hyped-up over-glammed corporate-sponsored BS anyway.
              No, I'm referring to fan clubs started by fans that the actor officially approves, not a club started by the show or some company. I think most official fan clubs start out as unofficial fan clubs. They get themsleves organized, put out newsletters, start an unofficial website, find out the actor's charity and raise funds for it. Then the club reps approach the actor and ask for his/her blessing to be officially acknowledged, showing all the work they've done and the good intentions that are there. Most of the time, it's so the club can raise money for the actor's charity and can vouch that the money will indeed go where stated.

I've been part of fan clubs that I thought were legit and were even acknowledged by the actor as official. But then the actor realizes that the person in charge of the club just wanted to get close to the actor and really didn't have the intention of following thru. So I can see why some actors don't want to get burned. But for the most part, the officially acknowledged clubs that I have joined have been a great way to meet new friends and discuss a common topic.

It can be a lot of work, and in fighting and burnout can occur. Many clubs fold when shows end. But I've had a great time with them.

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Thought it was funny: (mild spoiler for childhood's end)
                Spoiler:
                When the team first met the "elders" and they sat cross-legged in a circle. McKay was having some obvious difficulty sitting in that position due to sore joints (at his age...lol ), and Keris (leader-boy) was looking at him weird. For some reason I just found it was amusing how McKay was the oldest one there.
                Last edited by april_flower75; 20 August 2004, 03:45 PM. Reason: Failed spoil tag
                I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

Comment

Hahaha! I forgot that part! I think you're right. It also falls right along with the "complaining and loveable Rodney" we've come to know and love.

My personal favorite part was
                  Spoiler:
                  When he made the little girl cry and he freaked out when he didn't know how to make her stop. He tried to stop her before she started.
                  "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

Yeah, that part definetly made me smile.

Comment

I notice there's a David Hewlett Yahoo group linked into Post 18 on this Thread !
                      Is it worth joining ?
                      It's just that I'm a bit wary of spam/virus e-mails,and the like .Anyone got any advice ? Either Post,or pm me if you prefer.

Back to McKay,and his adventures,I'm not fussed about reading spoilers,but I'd redo your spoiler tag,april in your second latest post....it failed to work !
                      According to what I've read about the tag,all you have to do is go to "Edit Post" then retype the word "spoiler" inside the square brackets.Then do the same thing in the /spoiler part .Then press "Save changes".
                      That way,you cover yourself on the spoiler rules,and no-one else'll pounce on a simple mistake. Ok ?

Comment

Thank you F.H. B.! Idont understand what went wrong, i wanted to change it but i didnt think it would make a difference. Do u know why it didnt work the first time, i typed it right, right? lol

Comment

A mere tiny spelling error,april ! Apparently ,this brand spanking new tag needs the correct spelling of "spoiler" . I see your edit worked fine,so no worries !
                          (It's a bit ironic really,as usually I'm the Queen of the edit button for Ruddy typos ,so I felt bad asking you to correct your post. Saved you some hassle though,believe me ! )

Comment

Hardly any Rodney in "Poisoning the Well." In fact, I wish he didn't even go back to the planet after the first visit. It made his snarky lines stand out even more.

But it was good for Beckett fans (he's number 2 on my list).

My kind of guy:

Comment

I like Beckett too,watcher,and I think he's my 2nd fave too,so far !
                              Still waiting for Sky conf.to see the full series,but I'm ever-hopeful .......

I got an unexpected bonus today,thanks to a new GW member.

Channel 4 (UK station) showed Redemption Part 2 !!! !!!

Bliss,and the tape'll tide me over til my DVD set arrives .(I'm ordering tomorrow,through the GW link,obviously .)

So much to love that whole ep for,especially McKay ..........

*Sigh* I really am beginning to think the positivity works,lol !

Comment

Ahh...I see we're not done yet. Don't mind me; just adding to my post count. Carry on, ladies.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                                X