No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've noticed that there aren't that many women on the Atlantis base, maybe it was just a lack of perception on my part, but I don't see many women scientists for our Rodney to hook up with...
    I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

That's because Sam is the only smart woman on Earth and certainly the only female scientist. *rolls eyes* It ties back to the whole issue with TPTB and whether or not they do a good job writing women... or even including them.

We get Weir and Teyla, that's it. Nevermind that they're two of the (from what I've read) least liked characters on the show. Weir and Telya fill the quota. On SG-1 it was Sam and Fraiser.

Comment

Wasn't there a female scientist in 38 Minutes? She was in the group, and disagreed with Ponytail.

Comment

Lol, yes thats the only one i can remember.
          I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
            Wasn't there a female scientist in 38 Minutes? She was in the group, and disagreed with Ponytail.
            Was she a "real" scientist? I thought she was Ponytail's assistant.

Comment

I think she was on Ponytail's "research team" or something. Lol, the Ponytail makes me laugh...

Comment

Back to the food. Is McKay only allergic to lemons or is he allergic to citrus in general? I've only heard him talk about lemons. He must have had a hard time ordering fish in a restaurant. I hate lemon on my fish.

I can sympathize. While I'm not allergic, I do have a sensitivity to orange juice. Not oranges, just orange juice. Not grapefruit juice or lemonade, either.

I think if we have 2 food references in one episode, we should be able to skip an episode. Although the promos for next week make it look like such a good episode to drop in food.

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

He is allergic to all citrus.

Comment

Excuse me. While I was typing my post, I didn't realize there was another conversation going on. Sorry about changing the subject.

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Dont feel bad, I think our convo was getting a little off topic anyway, IMO.

Comment

All citrus. But he only asks about lemon. I keep waiting for someone to say, "No, but it DOES have lime!"

"Research team" is kinda vague, and she's still a nothing character that we'll probably never see again. Except maybe in the background. Where, apparently, the female characters belong.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          All citrus. But he only asks about lemon. I keep waiting for someone to say, "No, but it DOES have lime!"
                          I already felt sorry for McKay not being able to eat lemon meringue pie. No key lime either? Aw! If all citrus, what's he doing for vitamin C? Supplements? No wonder he drinks coffee. No sneaking in those dangerous lemon herbal things. And I hope he's not allergic to tomatoes. I love tomatoes. You know, if I were allergic to something as common as citrus, maybe I'd obsess about food, too.

"Research team" is kinda vague, and she's still a nothing character that we'll probably never see again. Except maybe in the background. Where, apparently, the female characters belong.
                          I wish the'd have at least one recurring female scientist. I think she'd make a great team lead when Ponytail gets his come-uppance.

My kind of guy:

Comment

I'm allergic to rosehips. Or I used to be, anyway. Squished one up whe I was three or four and rubbed it all over my face. Broke into a near-instant burning horrible rash and screamed bloody murder. I haven't been tempted to test it since.

It's an ingredient in a lot of fancy teas and those vitamin-enriched health drink things. I have to be kinda careful. The rash was bad enough on the outside that I still have a clear memory of it twentysomething years later. Put that on the inside... *shudders*

Poor Rodney. I bet everyone makes fun of him about it, too.

I want to know if he has any other allergies. Or maybe we'll find out he's deathly allergic to some alien substance.

Comment

Or maybe one of his many disfunctions will make him immune to the Wraith feedings. That would be kind of funny. But then again, I'm easily amused.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Poor Rodney. I bet everyone makes fun of him about it, too.

I want to know if he has any other allergies. Or maybe we'll find out he's deathly allergic to some alien substance.
                                Yeah, like maybe those darn Tava beans from "Underground".

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X