X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScottishPirate View Post
    *delurks*

Hi!
    Thought I'd pop out of lurkdom and leave a present =)

it's a behind the scenes photo for S5 if I remember right..and also my new favorite picture of David

Spoiler:
    lol brillent!

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
    Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
    Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
    sigpic

Comment

there's no men in the world sexy as he's !

my delicious http://delicious.com/marlislash

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
        Yes please do give us an up-date on the damage done to his hair.
        Will do!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

lol ^________^

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
          Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
          Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
            I have to say his hair was just amazing! Really the photos do it no justice at all! It was gorgeous! I am SO sad to hear he has gone to the barber! He should really let it grow out a bit, not too much but a tad bit longer is really nice on him. [/CENTER]
            It looks like he just rolled out of bed. lol Not that I'm complaining, you understand.
            Furlings, they sound cute. Like Ewoks. --- SG-1

sigpic

sig by Mala50. You rock.

Comment

I. Just. Saw. Brainstorm!

OMG!

Spoiler:
              RODNEY + TUXEDO =
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Brainstorm
                Spoiler:
                WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? Terrible episode! Never before have I watched a McKay episode and kept watching the clock thinking "This should be over soon" Gah! They have offically done it: I just don't care anymore.

Even the hottness that was Rodney in a tux could not save this dreck.
                sigpic
                Sig by im_meli
                More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

^___^ I agree with Mercury, this episode does a huge disservice to poor Rodney.
                  Brainstorm
                  Spoiler:
                  What is it, that they can't find a woman who loves Rodney for who he is, all 100% of his beautiful, proud, snarky self?
                  She wants him to be humble, she loves him when he's brain infected and artificially sweet, I predict this relationship going down in the same kind of flames that the Katie/Rodney ship did.
                  Keller diminishes him, she makes him look small. I don't like it at all!
                  I am very sad at what they are doing to his character this season, I almost want to cry.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucylee View Post
                    ^___^ I agree with Mercury, this episode does a huge disservice to poor Rodney.
                    Brainstorm
                    I am very sad at what they are doing to his character this season, I almost want to cry.

This pic says it all- SPOILER (but it's on the front page of GW so not much of a spoiler- http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-230418

It was also the face I made during this one.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by im_meli
                    More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

I love David! I really do!
                      I am so glad I didn't watch this episode!

I don't care how hot he looked!
                      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                        I love David! I really do!
                        I am so glad I didn't watch this episode!

I don't care how hot he looked!
                        i agree ! prefer re-watch the shrine and the tao naaaa !

my delicious http://delicious.com/marlislash

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I, for one, am glad McKay has finally gotten the girl... and a pretty freakin hot girl at that^.^

I'm happy that Rodney has finally found someone that is compatible with him. I thought the whole humble thing was just too adorable. McKay was hot and amazing in this episode. He's improving on himself, but while still holding his ground with Jeniffer that he just is not perfect and I think she can handle that. I only love McKay more and more with every episode, and this was no exception

Comment

Originally posted by MyStargateLife View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            I, for one, am glad McKay has finally gotten the girl... and a pretty freakin hot girl at that^.^

I'm happy that Rodney has finally found someone that is compatible with him. I thought the whole humble thing was just too adorable. McKay was hot and amazing in this episode. He's improving on himself, but while still holding his ground with Jeniffer that he just is not perfect and I think she can handle that. I only love McKay more and more with every episode, and this was no exception
                            I am right there with you on that. I thought Brainstorm was an excellent Rodney episode.
                            Spoiler:
                            There was the expected Rodney-bashing going on initially, but it was followed by some really triumphant moments for Rodney. What can ever match the bit about, "I'm Dr. Rodney McKay, I do the difficult in seconds, and the impossible in minutes."(paraphrase). I cheered. Finally! Also, Rodney's major professional rival, a man much more financially and publicly successful than him, admits to him in front of another professional that Rodney is smarter than him, and that he needs him! Wow! It became pretty clear, pretty quickly, that the socially awkward, "recluse", unpublished Rodney McKay would be saving all their bottoms.

In this episode Rodney succeeded professionally, physically (with the axe, what were you thinking! ), intellectually and romantically.

I completely agree with you on Jennifer's role in this. I originally thought that she would be coming to Rodney's verbal defense when the others would pick on him. I actually much prefer the way they played it out - with her talking quietly to Rodney, being straight with him when his behavior was getting out of line, but not fighting his battles for him. Instead she was unwaveringly supportive of him - to him - she didn't need to defend him to anyone else. It was lovely. I also loved how, as you said, Rodney was honest about who he was, but willing to concede there could be some advantages to trying to be a better boy on occasion.

Comment

Jumping in here quick to say no matter whether you like the pairing or not, can we leave the McKay/Keller stuff out of this thread? It's only going to divide people and make this thread an ugly place to be. It is possible to review the episode without mentioning what you think about the pairing. If you really want to talk about that aspect of the episode, please do it in either the pro or the anti thread. It's okay to have opinions on this, (I certainly do) but this thread is about Rodney McKay, not whoever he happens to be dating.
                              Spoiler:
                              Sure, it's canon and all that,
                              but a good number of people who like to hang here don't like the pairing. (And anti people, same goes for you. You may not like the pairing, but other people do. Please respect that.)

That said, I haven't actually seen the episode. (I got a puppy instead. Whee!) I probably will when the dvd comes out, but it's not high on my list of things to do.
                              Last edited by TameFarrar; 22 November 2008, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PuddleJumper42 View Post
                                Jumping in here quick to say no matter whether you like the
                                Spoiler:
                                pairing or not, can we leave the McKay/Keller stuff out of this thread? It's only going to divide people and make this thread an ugly place to be. It is possible to review the episode without mentioning what you think about the pairing. If you really want to talk about that aspect of the episode, please do it in either the pro or the anti thread. It's okay to have opinions on this, (I certainly do) but this thread is about Rodney McKay, not whoever he happens to be dating. Sure, it's canon and all that, but a good number of people who like to hang here don't like the pairing. (And anti people, same goes for you. You may not like the pairing, but other people do. Please respect that.)
                                While I agree totally... you need to spoil tag that entry as you give away a huge big freaking spoiler!

Also like to add; we have a perfectly good discussion thread for McKay/Hewlett

link: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=227

please use that to *squee* or *groan* about any and all developments to do with McKay, as alluded to by PuddleJumper42 this is a Thunk thread; gorgeous, sexy and down right lurid *I mean nice pics* of Mr Hewlett are fine (or anything to do with Cypher... OK that is just me I found him interestingly sexy in that... )

The occasional pairing or double thunk pics are fine with me, I don't own the thread, I am not a Mod but I would expect folks to, you know.... be respectful of others feelings on those things and not go over-board.

Also many things remain spoilers until the eps air in syndication, so please tag anything that has the potential to give away character and plot developments.

Lets just play nice and let the Thunking begin continue!

He did look very edible in Brainstorm. Yum!
                                (I got a puppy instead. Whee!)
                                Congrats.
                                Last edited by Willow'sCat; 22 November 2008, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X