X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by watcher652
    From Where The Heart Is

Again, David with a computer!

Isn't it funny how old and clunky that computer looks now?
    ~*~*~*~*~*
    not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
      Topic of Discussion...

I just rewatched The Defiant One and started thinking about the whole "You've changed" conversation between Gaul and Rodney. Upon the conclusion of my thinking I've decided that Storm/Eye is the big leap mentally for him towards hero-hood, and that The Defiant One is the physical leap for him. What do you all think?
      I noticed that
      Spoiler:
      the whole time he's working on the chair in The Siege II, he doesn't let his P90 be more than an arm's reach away. When he has to get up and go to the console he takes it with him. He's catching on.
      ~*~*~*~*~*
      not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Originally posted by not so ancient
        I noticed that
        Spoiler:
        the whole time he's working on the chair in The Siege II, he doesn't let his P90 be more than an arm's reach away. When he has to get up and go to the console he takes it with him. He's catching on.
        I noticed that too.
        Spoiler:
        A friend described it as "Even when he was that tired he still carried that gun around like a cat carries her kittens". Which rather amused me give the cat and McKay links.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
          You might want to spoiler tag that bit like I have, because some people might not want to know even that little detail.
          Anyway, request granted - hard to get but this was my best.
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ler/happy2.jpg
          Purpleyin, is that from the quicktime movie? Looks like my attempt.

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I noticed that
            Spoiler:
            Yup, very military of him. I think Sheppard and Ford are rubbing off on him .
            It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I noticed that
              Spoiler:
              Ooh, good catch! I didn't even notice that. Thanks for pointing that out! He's definitely turning into quite the little soldier! I just hope he stays McKay, the reluctant hero. I remember being disappointed when Hide and Seek was followed by 38 minutes, and
              Spoiler:
              in both episodes McKay was the hero. I thought that Rodney was the best character that they had because he wasn't a hero, like everyone else, and the first thing they do in the show is make him out to be a hero figure! That to me made me nervous about his character development, but they've kind of slowed up on that hero business, I think.
              I'm still worried about him becoming the type of person who charges out blindly into battle with guns blazing. (That's more Sheppard's department.) But I think part of Rodney's charm is that he doesn't have a hero complex, he just does what needs to be done, so if he does something heroic, it's sort of a side effect of saving his own skin, as well as the skin of others. If he becomes just another hero in a show that's already full of 'em, then some of his uniqueness will be lost, and I'll be sad. I like McKay, the reluctant hero.

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
              McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
              Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
              McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Okay, so as a treat for myself for graduating (finally!) from college, I am planning on renting some David Hewlett videos! I plan on getting Cube and possibly one or two others. Since I'm new to DH thunkage, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for which rentable movie is the most DH thunk-worthy. And since both McKay and I are scientists, we prefer evidence to support claims, so screencaps proving the thunkability of your movie suggestions is considered a plus.

Comment

Purpleyin, is that from the quicktime movie? Looks like my attempt.
                  Yep, nice how quicktime allows screenprint isn't it, since it's not downloadable.
                  I just capped it myself, it's pretty hard because of no back/forward by frame. Hence that's the best cap I could get, I had another but that really was the best I could find - if it looks like your attempt its only because its the same file and the same shot and that's the only decent one to be capped easily.

The shots are only clear for about a second and without the frame by frame... I did some Weir, Shep, Teyla and Atlantis ones too - shame that the Rodney one isn't as clear as I could get them. Oh for that smile as a closeup rather than blurry overview.

Originally posted by Porthos1013
                  Okay, so as a treat for myself for graduating (finally!) from college, I am planning on renting some David Hewlett videos! I plan on getting Cube and possibly one or two others. Since I'm new to DH thunkage, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for which rentable movie is the most DH thunk-worthy. And since both McKay and I are scientists, we prefer evidence to support claims, so screencaps proving the thunkability of your movie suggestions is considered a plus.
                  Not sure on what you have available to rent but I'd say either Nothing (for maximum thunkage - you've seen the caps from this page so...), Cube (whumpage) or Where the heart is (for young blondeness... also had caps from that earlier here from Watcher)

And so the only cap I will provide is this one I edited ...All I got from the cube.

EDIT: Is the pic showing up? Ain't for me for some reason so here's the link in case
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...yicons/CFG.jpg
                  Last edited by Purpleyin; 12 May 2005, 01:38 AM.

Comment

This comment may make no sense and I apologize for that in advance, but for some reason DH looks more...British in this screencap than in any of his more recent works. Reminds me of Ewan McGregor (OK, so he's from Scotland) and Trainspotting. Maybe it's the hair? Maybe the outfit? Am I crazy? I know he was born in England but one would never guess from his role as McKay.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                      This comment may make no sense and I apologize for that in advance, but for some reason DH looks more...British in this screencap than in any of his more recent works. Reminds me of Ewan McGregor (OK, so he's from Scotland) and Trainspotting. Maybe it's the hair? Maybe the outfit? Am I crazy? I know he was born in England but one would never guess from his role as McKay.
                      I noticed that too, its probably because of his face, and the apron.

sigpic
                      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                        I think it's all that - hair, expression, outfit. Although the towel around his middle as an apron is also Brit looking to this American. The towel looks very tea towel to me somehow.

Don't those two look fangirl-ish to you?

David wore some very cool outfits in the movie. I convinced a friend to watch it with me and she enjoyed it. She also noted that at one point Uma is wearing the same jeans David had on earlier. She pointed out the patches on them. I'll have to watch the movie again to spot that.

He also wore a suit when he tried to get a job at his father's company. But he still had a non-comformist tie on.

My kind of guy:
                        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                          I noticed that too, its probably because of his face, and the apron.
                          This American (who's never been to England but watches BBCAmerica if that counts for anything) I have to say that I have no idea why the apron would make him look more British.
                          "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                          "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                          Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                          Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                          "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                          Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                          Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                          (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
                            This American (who's never been to England but watches BBCAmerica if that counts for anything) I have to say that I have no idea why the apron would make him look more British.
                            I was wondering that too, despite being British I didn't get it. Is it perhaps Butler-like?

Comment

It just looks very British-y to me, dunno why. Maybe its the image quality?

sigpic
                              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Okay, upon examining this picture, I think I've realized why I like it so much. Take a look at David's jaw, then look at just about any picture of McKay. Maybe it's the angle, maybe it's the fact that he was much younger, but in this picture his jaw looks very chiseled and square, as opposed to pictures of him as McKay. Don't get me wrong, I love McKay to pieces and would willingly take him into any dark storage room on Atlantis if asked, but I've always found the chiseled jaws attractive, and McKay just doesn't have it.

Comment

Working...
                                X