No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Boa Vs Python. I like that stubble!

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I had a great reply to this but it got eaten by the server yesterday. Let's see, what did I say...

I think Rodney's change started in the very first episode he was in, 48 Hours. That's when he learned from Carter that you don't leave a team member behind, you just don't give up even when it seems hopeless. During his time in Russia, I'm sure he had plenty of time to reflect on the fact that he had condemned a man to death with his arbitrary time limit opinion and only through Carter's insistance was Teal'C saved.

He was not as biting when he came back to the SGC in Redemption. Still arrogant and snarky, but there was a little more humanity in Rodney that he let Carter see. He was more the team player, something I suspect he wasn't in 48 Hours.

Of course, he was facing the possibility of his own death this time, so maybe that might have given him something to think about.

It's interesting to see the subtext in the 2 SG1 episodes when Dr McKay wasn't even scheduled to go to Atlantis. It was initially going to be Dr Ingram.

I'm certainly glad the creators of this show decided that Atlantis needed the arrogant genius of Dr Rodney McKay.

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

From the Behind The Gate special. This is David and Paul, not Rodney and Carson.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Heh, I loved that bit with the two of them...

HEWLETT: One of the big secrets about “Atlantis” is the fact that our friend Doctor Beckett is not Scottish.
          McGILLION: Actually, I am Scottish, David.

Comment

Yeah it was soooooo funny. David looked so cute in the Behind The Scenes footage. He's so funny and boy do those tshirts suit him. Cor!

Luce xxx

Comment

Hehe..here's another one!

I didn't get to see the show but have read some of the transcript, and heck, I can't complain about the caps. I wish I knew what Paul said to David to make him laugh and duck his head! So cute!
              Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
              :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

I am very glad they didn't put in this Dr Igram. Every time I hear that name it makes me think of the talk show host Laura Ingram. If they hadn't of had McKay what would they of done for an SG-1 connection?

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                Spoiler:

Comment

All these pics are making me miss the McKay/Beckett scenes
                  But hopefully next season we'll get to see more of it because of Paul's
                  Spoiler:
                  promotion

sigpic
                  Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                  Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

I love Beckett and McKays scenes together. I think they're so funny together and they're both so cute. Hopefully there will be lots of thunkage and lots of laughs when the two lovely lads do their scenes together in season 2.

Luce x

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
                      I didn't get to see the show but have read some of the transcript, and heck, I can't complain about the caps. I wish I knew what Paul said to David to make him laugh and duck his head! So cute!
                      I think he was laughing because Paul said "It's about time for another Scottish guy" and David apparently thought the term "Scottish guy" was damn funny. Hee, such a cute scene! Plus Paul got in a great barb before that, saying that all the Atlantis cast was so nice, well, except for DH...

Comment

I have a request...has anyone managed to cap the season 2 teaser? I really want that pic of McKay
                        Spoiler:
                        holding the ZPM.

Thanks!
                        Last edited by Tracker; 11 May 2005, 09:03 PM.

See the Clips | IMDB site | Official Site
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Proud Rodney McKay Thunker | Proud Jayne Cobb Thunker | Keeper of the M.A.L.P.-on-a-Stick

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker
                          Oh, heck, just found this one in my photobucket....
                          I love that photo! It's so adorable! Just had to say that.

Luce x

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
                            I love that photo! It's so adorable! Just had to say that.

Luce x
                            While I love his character, and I think David is a great actor, I don't normally think of him in eye-candy terms...but I agree, that pic is hot!

*slinks off back to the Shep thread*

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                            "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                              From Where The Heart Is

Again, David with a computer!

David looking a little put out with those 2 beautiful women (also looking oh, so domestic with those rubber gloves he has on for washing the dishes). Hey, there's another beer there on the counter!

Omg I saw that movie! I really liked it... way more that I should have probably, but look it's David with Uma Thurman. Sorry just had to say that since no one I know has seen it, great caps!

McKay is Snarky Geek Love

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker
                                I have a request...has anyone managed to cap the season 2 teaser?
                                Spoiler:
                                I really want that pic of McKay holding the ZPM.

Thanks!
                                You might want to spoiler tag that bit like I have, because some people might not want to know even that little detail.
                                Anyway, request granted - hard to get but this was my best.
                                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ler/happy2.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X