No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, wow!! The Shrine...just...wow. Hewlett is amazing!!!
    Spoiler:
    I was teary-eyed right from the get go. My god, how that man can act! He damn near killed me! I love how he was always calling after John, his friend, to comfort him.

The scene on the pier...squee!! At Comic Con, Joe F had remarked about that scene, saying there was beer and having fun and screwing around too much. Yep, everyone's mind went to the gutter about then!

All right, who has caps?!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

What a beautiful performance by David!!!!
      And for the
      Spoiler:
      McShep
      ! Yay!
      sigpic

Comment

David. I cannot say enough how incredibly talented he is. Simply amazing. You guys all know this so I'm preaching to the choir, but he blew me away.

In the running for my fave quote of the year:
        Spoiler:
        "This is fun for me. Just save me some ham."

And don't get me started on the John and Rodney. *dolphin noise*
        sigpic
        Sig by im_meli
        More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

this men, this men, he kill me, it's amazing, it's good, DH you're god, and a pretty smart sexy god, intelligent, brilliant, you deserve a emmy for your perfom.

OMG Rodney mcKay, so fragile and so strong in the same time, you're a good guy, i love you doctor mckay.

my delicious http://delicious.com/marlislash

Comment

I know it since Treed Murray that David is a great actor but I was stunned anyway. He was amazing. The very first scene of the Shrine froze me and I stayed like that whole episode. He deserves Emmy! Or at least Saturn Award! I honestly don´t know what else would David have to do to get nominated.

Spoiler:
            The friendship between him and Shep was very well made. The beer scene was great but the moments before - when Rodney ran to John from all the people in Atlantis - he knew he is his best friend and that he can help him.
            Last edited by Klenotka; 23 August 2008, 05:41 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Alright I still think McKay and Mrs Miller is the best episode of the whole dam series, but this one for many reasons is going to be close to my heart for many years to come.

Not only does David *you know you are incredibly wonderful and awesome of the acting* Hewlett, do a fantastically brilliant job at playing Rodney as
              Spoiler:
              "normal" but David blew me away with his child-like portrayal of Rodney as mentally damaged.

David Hewlett is truly the best thing about SGA, I state that as a F.A.C.T *Stephen Colbert style*

Oh... oh the part where Rodney says...
              Spoiler:
              Mr McKay and gives his reason for using "Mr" instead of "Dr". Broke my heart; I cried!

But then John and Rodney are on the pier and Rodney makes John snort beer! All is right with the world.
              Also that other Hewlett person? Brilliant if totally under-used here.

Comment

A very emotional episode for me.
                Spoiler:
                The opening scenes were really hard for me to watch, but David did such an amazing job. Give that guy an award. I was already liking Mckeller, but after the last scene, I'm fully shipping them now.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenheart View Post
                  A very emotional episode for me.
                  Spoiler:
                  The opening scenes were really hard for me to watch, but David did such an amazing job. Give that guy an award. I was already liking Mckeller, but after the last scene, I'm fully shipping them now.
                  OMG! Yes! That opening moment
                  Spoiler:
                  was so hard to watch, I have not been having the best day of my life and to see that first up. It was almost too much but I am so glad I stuck with the rest of the ep, it was such a happy experience in the end. I am so hyper at the moment I can't sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
                    In the running for my fave quote of the year:
                    Spoiler:
                    "This is fun for me. Just save me some ham."
                    Great line!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Oh my, what an episode!!! I re-watched it this morning and I think I cried even more the second time.

David Hewlett is truly amazing. To see how far Rodney has progressed from the supremely arrogrant and really really annoying McKay from the first time we saw him in SG-1 to the (well he IS still arrogrant, let's face it), vunerable and caring (though he tries to hide it) man he has become, while still retaining that core that makes Rodney Rodney. He's always going to be that rude, annoying and sometimes abrasive man that we've all come to care for, but he's also become so much more. And it's a tribute to DH's acting ability that he's managed to make this character more than just one-sided.

Darn, just thinking about this episode is making me tear up again.

Comment

Hey, folks. I wrote some comments about the latest episode, 0505 The Shrine, over in the Episode thread. You can read it here. And, I have an answer to my question 1 here.

In other news, MGM has a featurette on the People's Choice Award that Atlantis won back in Jan during the writer's strike. But bizarrely, they have the film for David flipped! You can see that they were all filmed sitting in the same chair, the background is the same. Why the would flip the person with the most asymmetrical features is beyond me. Gah, his mouth is all wrong! And of course, his watch and Canadian flag are wrong, too. You could flip Joe Mallozzi and no one would have noticed.

The MGM site is here. I don't know how to point directly to the featurette, so that's going change eventually.

My kind of guy:
                        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                          I know it since Treed Murray that David is a great actor but I was stunned anyway. He was amazing. The very first scene of the Shrine froze me and I stayed like that whole episode. He deserves Emmy! Or at least Saturn Award! I honestly don´t know what else would David have to do to get nominated.
                          Yes. I hope the people who are in charge for such nominations will see this like you and me. I can't think of a performance which would deserve this more. Outstanding David!

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                          Alright I still think McKay and Mrs Miller is the best episode of the whole dam series, but this one for many reasons is going to be close to my heart for many years to come.

Not only does David *you know you are incredibly wonderful and awesome of the acting* Hewlett, do a fantastically brilliant job at playing Rodney as
                          Spoiler:
                          "normal" but David blew me away with his child-like portrayal of Rodney as mentally damaged.
                          I know that David is a fantastic actor but nevertheless he still can surprise me. I didn't want to close my mouth because of this performance. Wow. I hope we'll see much more from him, also after SGA.
                          sigpic

Comment

True is that David had to deal with few different roles and...I don´t know how is it correctly, positions?
                            Spoiler:
                            I mean, he had to jump from totally mentally ill person to slowly becoming ill person and jump into his normal self in between. It was amazing. I cried at the opening scene already, it was incredible, scary, and I think this is the best opening SG scene ever. And how he desperately called John...it sounds in my ears even now - and makes me almost cry again even when I only think about it
                            And is it me or was that his empty, innocent, child-like look almost painful?

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                              True is that David had to deal with few different roles and...I don´t know how is it correctly, positions?
                              Spoiler:
                              I mean, he had to jump from totally mentally ill person to slowly becoming ill person and jump into his normal self in between. It was amazing. I cried at the opening scene already, it was incredible, scary, and I think this is the best opening SG scene ever. And how he desperately called John...it sounds in my ears even now - and makes me almost cry again even when I only think about it
                              And is it me or was that his empty, innocent, child-like look almost painful?
                              Yes, i agree...that
                              Spoiler:
                              calling for John was so raw and unexpected, I actually thought "Oh, no stop!"...
                              it had my heart racing and a lump in my throat.
                              Last edited by fuchsia; 23 August 2008, 01:55 PM. Reason: forgot my spoilers!

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                                In other news, MGM has a featurette on the People's Choice Award that Atlantis won back in Jan during the writer's strike. But bizarrely, they have the film for David flipped! You can see that they were all filmed sitting in the same chair, the background is the same. Why the would flip the person with the most asymmetrical features is beyond me. Gah, his mouth is all wrong! And of course, his watch and Canadian flag are wrong, too. You could flip Joe Mallozzi and no one would have noticed.
                                OMG! Your right! It looked so wierd!!!

Love this pic! David is so cute in it! (may I snurch?)
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X