No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading Joe Ms blog late last night my time and this stood out like a beacon! Joe was talking about season 5 and sets...

Quote Joe Mallozzi: "I offered my thoughts on Broken Ties (At first I thought Rodney might have had a bathtub shipped over from Earth but, ultimately, decided to go with one of Lantian design)."

What? Bathtub!? What?! We aren't going to get a wet nekkid Rodney! Nah probably not given the PG nature of the show... but wow another bit of canon to add to the mix... McKay has a bathtub! Atlantis has bathtubs! lol

Unless Joe was yanking our chains... odd man that he is

Comment

Okay, I loved Harmony!

Especially...
      Spoiler:
      That painting at the end. Rodney firing his P-90 and Shep cowering behind Harmony!LMAO! And she loves Rodney! Or at least likes him more than Shep!
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
        Okay, I loved Harmony!

Especially...
        Spoiler:
        That painting at the end. Rodney firing his P-90 and Shep cowering behind Harmony!LMAO! And she loves Rodney! Or at least likes him more than Shep!
        Lol that was funny
        Spoiler:
        i think the fact that the girl is a "know-it-all" (even though she really doesn't) kinda showed Rodney how annoying it can be.
        The girl falling for Rodney in the end, and John thinking that she was talking about him being a hero, that was priceless!

Well as they say a picture is worth a thousand words, it about time Rodney gets appreciated!!
        - Are you Crazy?
        - I wouldn't say crazy. Maybe an eccentric who looks good in jeans
        Spoiler:

sigpic
        Bring back Ford and Beckett

Do not conform to the patterns of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind

Comment

Holy Flamin' Bovines! Some fantastic Rodney moments in this ep!

Brief Harmony Gush (Spoilers for, uh, Harmony, yeah):
          Spoiler:

Wow! I was sitting seething and suffering at all the Rodney bashing in the first part, including the betrayal scene lifted right from Lord of the Rings, but then, oh, my, gosh, the second half and the ending . . . It's SELFLESS SUPER ACTION HERO RODNEY!!! And also SUPER GEEK TECH FIXER RODNEY!!! Not to mention that The Hew was positively gorgeous in this ep! His beautiful eyes showed up especially well (thanks lighting team!).

For those who were upset about that little preview snippet of "Rodney hands over the kid" that was on (I think) the MGM website, I feel it was out of context when you see what came before and view the ep as a whole.

I'd write more, but I gotta go watch it again, then I'll be back.

Yippee!

**Bounces away doing happy dance*
          Last edited by GateEngineer17; 25 January 2008, 09:41 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by RockyluvsSG View Post
            Lol that was funny
            Spoiler:
            i think the fact that the girl is a "know-it-all" (even though she really doesn't) kinda showed Rodney how annoying it can be.
            The girl falling for Rodney in the end, and John thinking that she was talking about him being a hero, that was priceless!

Well as they say a picture is worth a thousand words, it about time Rodney gets appreciated!!
            I second that!
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

I saw Quarantine today and Harmony and I was a bit shocked by Rodney.

In Quarantine he was going to say a few words to Katie Brown and in Harmony the opening scene shows the complete opposite of those words that he would have said to Katie Brown.

So, I want to know how does he really feel?

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
              Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Renenutet View Post
                I saw Quarantine today and Harmony and I was a bit shocked by Rodney.

In Quarantine he was going to say a few words to Katie Brown and in Harmony the opening scene shows the complete opposite of those words that he would have said to Katie Brown.

So, I want to know how does he really feel?
                I wrote about my thoughts in the Discussion thread... as I will with Harmony.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=227

Comment

Originally posted by GateEngineer17 View Post
                  Holy Flamin' Bovines! Some fantastic Rodney moments in this ep!

Brief Harmony Gush (Spoilers for, uh, Harmony, yeah):
                  Spoiler:

Wow! I was sitting seething and suffering at all the Rodney bashing in the first part, including the betrayal scene lifted right from Lord of the Rings, but then, oh, my, gosh, the second half and the ending . . . It's SELFLESS SUPER ACTION HERO RODNEY!!! And also SUPER GEEK TECH FIXER RODNEY!!! Not to mention that The Hew was positively gorgeous in this ep! His beautiful eyes showed up especially well (thanks lighting team!).

For those who were upset about that little preview snippet of "Rodney hands over the kid" that was on (I think) the MGM website, I feel it was out of context when you see what came before and view the ep as a whole.

I'd write more, but I gotta go watch it again, then I'll be back.

Yippee!

**Bounces away doing happy dance*
                  Yeah as one who was upset with that MGM clip I am now rather happy.

Spoiler:
                  No I wasn't a fan of the way all of Rodney's flaws were pointed out to him by Princess Harmony and how John didn't do much to defend him... not that Rodney needs defending by John but you know TEAM mate...

Also not a fan of the Rodney!always hungry story line... sure it was to set up something rather important for the relationship between Rodney & Princess Harmony but it was over played just a tad.

All that aside, we did get to see Rodney able and competent for the most part with the weapons and even wanting to fire the stunner at a moving target (the way he took his time was kinda funny but also stupid as he should know better....).

The little talk he had with Princess Harmony about love was cute, and it was nice that Rodney got to show his better side.

Which sadly was lacking in last week's episode.

The painting at the end was jaw droppingly awesome! I really, really want one...maybe more then I want the ones from The Game.

Also on Katie, as some one asked in the Thunk...
                  Spoiler:
                  I said it before when I watched the trailers for "Trio" that I couldn't believe *even* Rodney would fawn over another women when he was going out with Katie... yes he did flirt in a few eps where (in hindsight) one would assume he was with Katie but now I think given this episode, and what we see in the trailers for Trio, and of course what Joe M said in his blog... well yeah, I am more confident then ever that the ship *pun intended* has sailed and Rodney is not aboard.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                    I second that!
                    I third it! And we need more of it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Another vid from Joe M with David...Harmony spoilers possible.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...es-of-harmony/

Heehee, actor Hot! Hell Yeah!

Comment

The Exta thang aired, not a lot of David but there is a funny moment between Joe and David... David being David! lol

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=WOqGnTN1MIM

Link is to Youtube.

Comment

Oops, Willow beat me in posting. Since I spent some time capping, I'll just post what I did.

Not only Mallozzi was taking video on the set of Harmony. The info-tainment show EXTRA was also there. Correspondent Jerry Penacoli appeared in the episode.

Some caps from his report:

Spoiler:

Jerry Penacoli is this guy

My kind of guy:
                          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Nice pics
                            BRING BACK DR. ELIZABETH WEIR

Comment

David's eyes are fun to watch.

Caps from Harmony.

Spoiler:

He does the same thing when he's imitating an owl.

My kind of guy:
                              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                                Oops, Willow beat me in posting. Since I spent some time capping, I'll just post what I did.

Not only Mallozzi was taking video on the set of Harmony. The info-tainment show EXTRA was also there. Correspondent Jerry Penacoli appeared in the episode.

Some caps from his report:

Ooh caps are always good. I just love that moment between Joe and David... I remember hearing that Joe said he gets aching sides from all the laughing David makes him do on set... and there is the proof!

Comment

Working...
                                X