No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since David and Jane aren't planning to be married until Feb 2008, I just emailed Paula to see if the end date could be extended.

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

so...should I post that comment?

(see back a few posts)
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
        edit: well, Arlessiar pressed her Enter key before I did, but I'm not changing my post! 8-)
        That's funny, today's a weird day, that's the second time that two people post about exactly the same thing.

Ah well, twice is better than once, so go and donate, people.

Advertising the fundraiser thingie like that makes me feel a bit like a Hewlett sales promoter. *g*

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
        While the fundraiser was still secret, Kate Hewlett helped out by finding out when the wedding was going to be, so the fundraiser could have a cut-off date in mind.
        Originally posted by watcher
        I just emailed Paula to see if the end date could be extended.
        I talked to Jane at P2, and she said "autumn", so I went and posted that in the yahoo group that started the fundraiser, so I guess they set the closing date before autumn, but I never knew the exact date. Heard something of July though.

Now that David said Febr. '08 the fundraiser could indeed stay open a bit longer.

Thanks for emailing Paula, watcher!

Bye, A.
        ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
        ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Here's a really great Rodney vid, based on the format of Canadian wildlife television announcements that first aired in the '60s, called Hinterland Who’s Who. Catch it before it's pulled.

Now's a good time to re-watch David's ADB videos to up their counts.

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
            That's it! Thanks so much!!
            You're welcome.

so...should I post that comment?
            (see back a few posts)
            Go for it!

ETA: Egads! 1800 posts for me! And I'd be willing to bet that 75% or more of them are in this thread, lol.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Wheeeee!
              Pavaneofstars - congrats on 1800 posts! *throws confetti*

Have some McKay.

Bye, A.
              Last edited by Arlessiar; 04 July 2007, 12:46 PM.
              ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
              ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Pic Spam!!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

I'll see that pic spam and raise you!

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
                    Wheeeee!
                    Pavaneofstars - congrats on 1800 posts! *throws confetti*
                    Have some McKay.
                    Thanks! *dances in confetti and huggles McKay clone*

You're on, watcher!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Back at ya!

My kind of guy:

Comment

Oh, yeah?!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Okay...should I send this comment to the Media Blend troll (journalist)

"Wow jealous much?

Stargate is a hugely successful TV franchise, not a one-season wonder. Whether or not it's to your taste, you shouldn't belittle the achievements of the people involved in it. Even if it was a badly written "crap show, eaten up like ****" by rabid, nerdy fans, you should never let that view cloud your journalism, if this is what this piece of tripe is actually called.

And considering the DVD is a preorder and unbox best-seller at Amazon.com, you may have to rethink your view that the only people watching this are a handful of closet-dwelling nerds.

I suggest in the future you actually research your articles before you publish them."

I see Morjana's sticking up for us though, in her uniqely sarcastic way...that's if Mr Tyler can actually understand the implied insult

This may be a case of the dog [Josh Tyler] biting the geek's hand that...well, not necessarily FEEDing Josh, but the geek's hand has to click on a link to read Cinema Blend online.

Way to go, Josh!

I see a follow up career in politics for you!

Josh "Troll" Tyler obviously doesn't realise he's alienating his readers.
                          Sorry what did he say that was so wrong?

He obviously has not seen the film so he is wrong to comment on whether it would be *insert his word here* but SGA is pretty much what he calls it imho that is why I only watch for David Hewlett. It is not a good show at the moment, it DID have one good season.

I also tend to agree on his comments about the film not being released in cinema's; surely if MGM was serious they would have tried harder to get it into smaller cinema's, or at the very least release it everywhere at the same time on DVD. Not just the US, not just for dl in the US either.

I am all for promoting the film, I am all for favourable reviews but just because some one does not fawn over it does not mean they are out of touch or don't understand.

I think he is immature, his words are certainly nothing to take too seriously, and he is misguided that is plain to see, but he is talking from the view point of someone who is not going to be swayed to watch a movie just because David is in it or becasue of it's connections to SGA... the opposite in fact.

I understand that, which is why I am not a "squirrel" it seems to me most "squirrels" only preach to the converted, only MGM, FOX and David have the power to really promote his film, and sadly only David is really promoting it at the moment... I am holding MGM/FOX in contempt for the lackluster way they have gone about distribution, this will only lead to illegal dl imho and that does David no favours.

The jist of this guys comments are true... don't shoot the messenger even if he is a moron.

Comment

what was so wrong was that he was insulting the fans...saying that we'd eat up any s**t thrown our way cos we're all obviously rabid computer nerds with no life...that is VERY insulting...and I'm slightly insulted that you seemed to think that was okay.
                            sigpic

Comment

what was so wrong was that he was insulting the fans...saying that we'd eat up any ss**t thrown our way...that is VERY insulting...and I'm slightly insulted that you seemed to think that was okay.
                              Well I have heard GW fans say things like that about BSG fans, in fact about other Stargate fans, we have an ANTI thread for the new season!

I did say his comments were immature, I did say he was misguided. Also a moron. I just do not jump on the bandwagon of those who didn't read his other comments in full and chose to pick out the more immature, vile ones instead.

Again his main point was about MGM not promoting things, not releasing them in cinemas... and with ADB I personally think they have fraked up big time.

You of course have seen the film, so maybe instead of insulting him you should post there and tell him how good you think the film was, why it was so good, sway him, don't insult him back.

Comment

his language was crude...he called stargate a **** show that only the fans would eat up like dog ****. His comments were made to imply that the film was probably crap, and that MGM were making a cop out of it.

There's a difference between people here calling a show crap and him calling it crap...he's supposed to be journalist, and most people take journalist's views as fact.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X