Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
    5am!?! Yee gods!! I'd heard rumours that such an hour existed but never felt the urge to find out for sure......

Poor bugger!
    I KNOW EH!? I've actually heard that there's this thing that comes up in the sky around that time. Supposedly it's big and bright. And i've heard rumors that some kind of avian creatures make chirping noises then. But i think those are just rumors, i mean surely the universe would not do such horrible things like that.

Poor David, i really feel sorry for him! I mean, usually, we geeks ARE NOT morning people, and i have the slightest suspicion that David isn't that much of one either... don't know where i could have gotten that idea from....

And on that note, i will again grace my bed with my presence. But i will take a moment out of respect for David to mourn his lost hours of beauty sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      ok guys, i initially did delete the pregnancy posts, but then someone did bring up that it kinda seemed like censorship, so i undeleted them

however, i suggest that we treat this rumor like we do claudia's pregnancy...it's just a rumor until we get confirmation from a reputable and credible source adn that we simply avoid the topic and allow david and his wife some privacy.

I won't mod folks for talking about it, but i ask you to mod yourselves and just leave the topic alone out of respect for the actors
      koolio, i agree that it's not really fair to discuss it when nothings been confirmed. I actually think that when it comes to an actors family, especially kids, its best not to really discuss it at all, after all its david who's the actor, not anyone else. Maybe what with David being so open with us what with twitter and everything, we've kinda just got used to knowing everything! (lol, well not everything of course but you know what I mean). That said of course, I don't think we were anywhere near crossing the line in discussing things we shouldn't have done.
      My post from before (where I briefly mention the pregnancy rumour) still seems to have been deleted however ah well, I don't think I said anything all that important, lets get back to the thunk! Thats what we're here for after all

Originally posted by LogicSequence View Post
      Twitter Update:

"5am start = vente frickin latte!"
      yikes! 5am, vente latte all the way! Im exactly the same, starbucks is the only thing that gets me through the morning sometimes!

xx

Comment

Geeks are usually long awake and then sleep long....
        ...damn exams, I was up until 3 AM and slept until 10 AM I don´t say I am a geek

Random OT:
        Spoiler:
        You know, I think I take back my words that I love summer...it´s hoooot. And at my computer is warmer than anywhere else.

I got to end of Babylon 5! Fantastic, I can´t say more.

OK, now let´s thunk:

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I don't feel comfortable discussing the pregnancy issue here...they might be, they might not...if they are, they obviously don't want a lot of people to know...either way we shouldn't really discuss it here.

So we should respect that.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Did someone say it's hot?

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Yay! I finally got to see the Spacey's vid. What a riot! Love the girly scream, lol!

*happydance* about the, um, news if it's true.

And curiouser, and curiouser... my DH vid, the one that got yanked a while back, is mysteriously back up. *shrugs* Oh, well, you can enjoy the Hewlett goodness again.
              Last edited by pavaneofstars; 12 June 2007, 09:29 AM.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

One of my favorites.

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Just saw the Spacey Vid and it is hysterical. I think he did it at least two times because the very end had a different sounding scream when he was running from screen right to screen left.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                  Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Renenutet View Post
                    Just saw the Spacey Vid and it is hysterical. I think he did it at least two times because the very end had a different sounding scream when he was running from screen right to screen left.
                    In the bloopers that ran during the credits, there was also a cut of David using his left hand to point to the camera as he yelled "In your face, Jack Bauer!" The cut that made the show had him using his right hand.

David and Rachel as presenters at last year's Spaceys.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                      In the bloopers that ran during the credits, there was also a cut of David using his left hand to point to the camera as he yelled "In your face, Jack Bauer!" The cut that made the show had him using his right hand.

David and Rachel as presenters at last year's Spaceys.

They probably mirrored the video at the end. it's a common video "trick" to make the same video footage look different. i use it all the time in my line of work, and it's used ALL THE TIME in film and television.

Comment

Originally posted by LogicSequence View Post
                        They probably mirrored the video at the end. it's a common video "trick" to make the same video footage look different. i use it all the time in my line of work, and it's used ALL THE TIME in film and television.
                        No, in this case, the show didn't go thru the trouble of reversing the video in order to have a clip running beside the credits. It's another take of the bit. The camera angle is just a little different. And the Canadian flag remains on the right side (on Rodney's left shoulder) in both takes.

Fan much? Who, me?

Last edited by watcher652; 12 June 2007, 02:44 PM.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          ok guys, i initially did delete the pregnancy posts, but then someone did bring up that it kinda seemed like censorship, so i undeleted them

however, i suggest that we treat this rumor like we do claudia's pregnancy...it's just a rumor until we get confirmation from a reputable and credible source adn that we simply avoid the topic and allow david and his wife some privacy.

I won't mod folks for talking about it, but i ask you to mod yourselves and just leave the topic alone out of respect for the actors
                          Why is it censorship? It is none of our business. What Arlessiar posted seems more like rumour... sorry A but you already know how I feel about talking about these personal things in here, and having just had my own family go through a miscarriage, it can happen at any stage which makes it seem even more important not to jump to conclusion with little fact... until the man tells us himself it is nothing but rumour...

Comment

Some of you have been waiting for this.

My kind of guy:

Comment

From Joe Mallozzi's blog from today:

"Anonymous #4 writes: “You seem not to answer too many qeustions about character of Rodney McKay. So here is mine. Can we expect some "dark turn" at his character, too?”

(possible mild season 4 spoilers)

Spoiler:
                              Answer: We will definitely be seeing a more emotional side to Rodney this season. And, while his character will not be taking a dark turn, there will be dark moments ahead for McKay."

I can't wait for season 4! So many possibilities. Color me intrigued
                              "Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake-hole!" - Dean Winchester, Supernatural

Comment

Originally posted by JuneBug625 View Post
                                From Joe Mallozzi's blog from today:

"Anonymous #4 writes: “You seem not to answer too many qeustions about character of Rodney McKay. So here is mine. Can we expect some "dark turn" at his character, too?”

(possible mild season 4 spoilers)

Spoiler:
                                Answer: We will definitely be seeing a more emotional side to Rodney this season. And, while his character will not be taking a dark turn, there will be dark moments ahead for McKay."

I can't wait for season 4! So many possibilities. Color me intrigued
                                Both Joe and Martin have mentioned McKay
                                Spoiler:

going through an emotional time, I wasn't entirely sure if that still stood as now it is not McKay who will be a father, but then with Miller's Crossing I wouldn't expect anything less, it sounds like it could be highly emotional for him.

Of course what they say is emotional is not always what I say is emotional. I would hope for emotional "growth".

Comment

Working...
                                X