No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen "The Pegasus Project" so I can't comment there. I'm sure it will tick me off.

I haven't seen M&MM yet, either but
    Spoiler:
    Sheppard and Ronan laughing at Rodney being bullied as a kid(I assume) is just wrong. There is nothing funny about bullying at all. It can scar people for life.

I love your description of Rodney, Squonk..."awkward, scared, neurotic and allergic to everything", But, like you said, he comes through when it counts, despite all those character traits. I think that makes McKay pretty damn amazing.

He also has an interesting mix of arrogance and total insecurity.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
      I haven't seen "The Pegasus Project" so I can't comment there. I'm sure it will tick me off.

I haven't seen M&MM yet, either but
      Spoiler:
      Sheppard and Ronan laughing at Rodney being bullied as a kid(I assume) is just wrong. There is nothing funny about bullying at all. It can scar people for life.

I love your description of Rodney, Squonk..."awkward, scared, neurotic and allergic to everything", But, like you said, he comes through when it counts, despite all those character traits. I think that makes McKay pretty damn amazing.

He also has an interesting mix of arrogance and total insecurity.
      Yeah they do laugh at (M&MM)
      Spoiler:
      his being bullied as a kid. in particular about certain publically humilating experiences at the hands of the bullies.
      i think cos i was bullied for years, i'm a little sensitive to stuff like that and it really does scar you for life.

i love his arrogance, i think sometimes people deserve what he dishes out!

And he is so totally insecure (bless), but i'm not sure the other characters realise just how insecure he is.
      The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by LogicSequence View Post
        I hope David's doing ok, he's probably running around like a Hurried Hewlett the last few days. A dgeek's work is never done i suppose. Anyways, i hope we hear from him soon, we miss you D!
        I agree, his updates are missed. Although in a way its kinda nice because it means when he does finally get round to posting it'll be more exciting. I do find I tend to get a little too used to his updates sometimes, if you know what I mean. I'm sure we'll get a nice update soon though, what with the award and everything. Argh, I wish I could have gone to see the film, it was so close to me as well (closer than Vancouver anyway!), if I weren't right in the middle of my exams I so would have been there!

xx

Comment

DAVID'S MUM'S GONNA HAVE A BLOG!!!

http://www.mary-off-the-wall.blogspot.com/

(found the link on Kate's blog, so it's real )
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
            I can't believe it, what's up with this family???
            The-Online-Hewletts!

I bet David convinced his Mum to start blogging during her visit. Maybe he even created the blog for her. *g*

Bye, A.
            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

I came across this video on another site and thought you peoples might like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D02XvWhQzT8

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
                I can't believe it, what's up with this family???
                The-Online-Hewletts!

I bet David convinced his Mum to start blogging during her visit. Maybe he even created the blog for her. *g*

Bye, A.
                I know...what next...his baby nephew's blog? lol!
                BTW his dad has a website, mainly for his book - http://www.infertilityonline.ca/

edit: and they're a very smart family...I googled his mum - she's got a PhD!

(I don't normally do this (random googling of actors' families)...but I'm having one of the worst days of my life (not an exaggeration) and any distraction's very welcome)
                Last edited by sueKay; 28 May 2007, 02:38 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

I know...what next...his baby nephew's blog? lol!
                  "Jeremy's ramblings about having Hewlett genes" or something like that!
                  BTW his dad has a website, mainly for his book - http://www.infertilityonline.ca/
                  Yeah, read that when David proudly posted that link on dgeek (along with a very funny text about learning about the "birds and the bees". )

Dr. Hewlett - just imagine what would have happened if David would have followed in his father's footsteps.

Still love the fact that David's character in ADB has the same name as his old man! Hmmm....
                  edit: and they're a very smart family...I googled his mum - she's got a PhD!
                  History, it seems, and she writes essays and articles about Italian history now. "Renaissance studies" and such things. Impressive!

No wonder David's so proud of both his parents as he said several times now (on dgeek and Myspace for example), they both seem to be pretty intelligent. If I'm allowed to say that (as it sounds so cheesy), I think David's also a very intelligent person. Good genes, it seems.
                  Guess that's why his parents weren't sceptical at first when he wanted to become an actor instead of, say, a doctor!

Now he's a doctor/genius/astrophysicist on a TV show, that's something, not?

(I don't normally do this (random googling of actors' families)...but I'm having one of the worst days of my life (not an exaggeration) and any distraction's very welcome)
                  Guess I know why, so *HUGS*

Bye, A.
                  ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                  ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

I don't think David's parents are that shy either...one's a gynacologist, the other writes on some ehm...difficult subjects in renaissance France and italy!

They sound like a lovely (if not eccentric) family!
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey I know some hate the smilies on GW but zuz has made some ADB ones for teknikal: there is a rubber duckie one!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=141

Comment

They're cute aint they
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow, David does come from some pretty brainy genes. He always struck me as pretty bright himself.

Comment

You're right. Sometimes people do deserve what Rodney dishes out. And he's always so witty about it too.

Comment

(found the link on Kate's blog, so it's real )
                              lol that's crazy. my mum can't even use the computer, and she'd be much younger than Davids parents!
                              "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                              "what?"
                              *throat punch*
                              My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                              LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
                                i love his arrogance, i think sometimes people deserve what he dishes out!
                                I think mostly they always deserve what he dishes out as usually *they* start it. And I love his arrogance, only is it arrogance when you are actually right 99.9% of the time? I hate it when people use his arrogance as an exscuse for bashing him as a character, lets face it without Rodney and his *wonderful* personality traits SGA would be boring as all hell.

And he is so totally insecure (bless), but i'm not sure the other characters realise just how insecure he is.
                                I don't think he is totally insecure I do think he is lacking the social skills, which makes it seem he is insecure, and he has a weird hero worshipping thing going on with Sheppard but I don't buy into him being that insecure. Sure he has a lot to learn about give and take in a relationship but in many ways he is like a lot of men with brains, his passions lie elsewhere, he doesn't have to be like everyone else he doesn't need to be like everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X