Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LogicSequence View Post
    Come on guys! Rodney's just 9 away from winning!
    Seven more to go!

Comment

Sue, thanks for all of the clips. It's been a while since I've seen Elevated. And I have never seen that particular BOB clip before. LOL!

Originally posted by cindyz View Post
      Ok. the short film link SueKay posted...well...was just bizarre to me. gory, wierd, a nightmare.
      I second Willow's comment. Cube is even better in the gore department!

ETA: Some of you may have seen this before, but I know not everyone has. I wanted to spread the Hewlett love. Enjoy.
      Last edited by pavaneofstars; 26 May 2007, 11:28 PM. Reason: Hewlett love :D

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
        Actually I subscribe to this thread and I have all the *missing posts* in my email.
        Really? Wow! I decided not to do that, thanks to yahoo and LJ and other sites I get enough mails already every day, I can hardly catch up anymore.
        But it's a nice way not to lose any posts!

Heehee, seems the roll back was a roll back of more then just posts, I changed my avatar yesterday to Sek the Dalek... I have David back again! Not that there is anything wrong with that.
        *g* Oh, you're right, I saw the Dalek briefly (they have NAMES?), now it's hottie again.

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
        Oh, I just said that David used to have a fan fid as his one favorite (the suncreen one by Purpleyin), but it got deleted in The Great MGM Purge. So now David just has his Spacey Awards presentation with Rachel, and a couple of his ADB Q&As made by some fans. Plus his contest vid.
        Ah yes, thanks for reposting that!

Well, a black t-shirt tends to look the same no matter what year.
        I know, I just thought in that case the collar seemed to be very similar.

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
        I'm just very defensive when it comes to McKay.
        Me too! I just can't help it, I always feel the need to defend him. Got me in 'trouble' in some threads, that's why I'm so bitter when it comes to general discussion threads here on GW.

Originally posted by LogicSequence View Post
        Rodney for President! I mean for smartest male stargate character!
        I just voted again. Just 5 more, come on!!!

Bye, A.
        ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
        ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by pavaneofstars View Post
          ETA: Some of you may have seen this before, but I know not everyone has. I wanted to spread the Hewlett love. Enjoy.
          Oh cool, so you have joined the *evil* Youtube vidder brigade! lol Blinky?

Comment

Originally posted by cindyz View Post
            Ok. the short film link SueKay posted...well...was just bizarre to me. gory, wierd, a nightmare
            Yeah, Elevated is not really a nice short film. Good, but not nice.

Oh cool, so you have joined the *evil* Youtube vidder brigade!
            We all slowly succumb to its powers...

Hey pavane, great that you posted the vid on youtube now! Will put it on my fav list there later. I'm really starting to love that website. Only, one does spend too much time there! *g*

Award day.
            And no new post from David yet, but I'm pretty sure he'll post today. *g*

Bye, A.
            Last edited by Arlessiar; 27 May 2007, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Some of you may have seen this before, but I know not everyone has. I wanted to spread the Hewlett love. Enjoy.
              Ooh! I hadn't seen that particular clip. Thanks for that! So David loved the 80s? Here's some 80's hair.

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Thanks for that, I haven´t seen it yet Now....what the frak happened here? I know that forum was offline for few hours but I didn´t come here later. They deleted posts? Overload?

Geez, this weather is terrible, it´s not so hot as yesterday but the humidity is almost unbearable. I can´t breathe

I think I need rain...and as I wrote here yesterday (before they deleted it), with wet Rodney standing nearby

Now excuse me, I am stuck at Babylon 5, I am in season 4. It´s great show...and their captain is really sexy...*runs to hide before thunkers*

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

thank you! that was very cool. i would love to see DH live at a con *sigh*
                  "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                  "what?"
                  *throat punch*
                  My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                  LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                    I think I need rain...
                    It rained here yesterday, and it is now 6 degrees celsius.

Now excuse me, I am stuck at Babylon 5, I am in season 4. It´s great show...and their captain is really sexy...*runs to hide before thunkers*
                    Are you talking about Bruce Boxleitner? Mr Melissa Gilbert? If so I loved him in Scarecrow and Mrs King... what I am old, leave me alone. If not did they change the Captain? I only watched the first few eps, it was on way too late at night here to bother with.

Comment

Are you talking about Bruce Boxleitner? Mr Melissa Gilbert? If so I loved him in Scarecrow and Mrs King... what I am old, leave me alone. If not did they change the Captain? I only watched the first few eps, it was on way too late at night here to bother with.
                      Yeah, that´s him He stayed captain until S4. There are some cast changes in S5 but I don´t want to spoil myself too much. The magic of B5 is stay unspoiled and be suprised. Sorry, slight OT, but I am really stuck there now...I saw 8 episodes yesterday...I can´t even see now I want to see whole B5 + movies before first exam but I don´t think I will make it.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Now....what the frak happened here? I know that forum was offline for few hours but I didn´t come here later. They deleted posts? Overload?
                        The re-started the forum with the backup they made on Friday. Hence all the posts that were made after that backup are gone. Guess it was necessary because of the server problems they had.

Geez, this weather is terrible, it´s not so hot as yesterday but the humidity is almost unbearable. I can´t breathe
                        It was damn hot here yesterday, but last night we had some really bad thunderstorms, just as predicted. It's cooler now, but the air humidity is definitely still too high. The forecast said there will be more rainstorms today.

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                        thank you! that was very cool. i would love to see DH live at a con *sigh*
                        Hi there, welcome to the thread!

I hope you'll get the chance to see DH at a con one day! You know, last year around this time I also said that I so want to see him at a con but probably never will, and shortly after that it was announced that he'd be at P2, and I bought my ticket and met him there. So don't give up hope, it can happen faster than you think.

Bye, A.

Comment

Yep Arlessiar is right, I was all set to see him at a Con and well now he isn't coming that happened pretty darn fast.

Anyway I am not bitter or anything.

Comment

Lets all go to Davania! (OK sueKay is spelling it differently but I think for a country this is the correct spelling )

or maybe not.

Comment

Have you been watching the McKay Contest videos at YouTube? I don't think they have many valid entries yet. Although the rules don't specifically mention not using clips from the show, I think that would be a copyright violation. The example videos don't use show clips. Some of them use music that I'm sure the vidder doesn't have permission to use. And of the ones that don't use clips, they don't have the 8 second promo at the end. Some of them are over the 5 minute limit.

I wonder what would be the best strategy for this contest. If you have a really good vid, get it in early so your idea isn't taken by someone else and you have more time to get votes. Or wait a bit later so somebody doesn't see your vid and tries to top you.

I watched quite a few and whew, some of them are just, huh? Not that I can do better. I have some ideas, but I need a writer and a director and a camera.

Here's a producer and a director/writer/video camerman.

My kind of guy:
                              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Are you sure that's a cap from a movie!? And not david sitting at home during the 80's? hehe

Originally posted by Klenotka
                                Yeah, that´s him He stayed captain until S4. There are some cast changes in S5 but I don´t want to spoil myself too much. The magic of B5 is stay unspoiled and be suprised. Sorry, slight OT, but I am really stuck there now...I saw 8 episodes yesterday...I can´t even see now I want to see whole B5 + movies before first exam but I don´t think I will make it.
                                I'm sure i'll get roasted for this, but Babylon 5 is the greatest SciFi show ever made. NOT that stargate isn't GREAT! It is, it's d*mned high on my list. But Babylon 5 was just the first to have that epic scale to it, and it was/is an awesome story. Anyone who hasn't seen it should do so, it's worth the price of the DVDs.

Cmdr. Jeffrey Sinclair (Michael O'Hare) was commander of B5 in season 1. In season 2, Captain John Sheridan (Bruce Boxleitner) took over. Klenotka's right, he stayed captain until the end of season 4, (spoiler about his character in season 5 to follow:
                                Spoiler:
                                until he was promoted in season 5. His character remains the series lead throughout the end of the show and in to the movies.

Comment

Working...
                                X