Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
    Uh..excuse my utter stupidity and newness..but Nothing? Is that actually a movie? Is it available in the US??

Is there any movie you all recommend I should see first?

*feels like an idiot for not knowing these things*
    Yes and yes.

I haven't seen that much of DH's other work myself, (I'm a horrible thunker, I know) but Nothing seems to be a favorite here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
      Uh..excuse my utter stupidity and newness..but Nothing? Is that actually a movie? Is it available in the US??
      Is there any movie you all recommend I should see first?
      *feels like an idiot for not knowing these things*
      Yeah, "Nothing" is a movie. It's funny and interesting and weird. There's lots of Hewlett goodness in there (his friend Vincenzo Natali directed it and David was also one of the writers). A few pages ago we had a large "Nothing" picspam, take a look if you want to see some really nice caps from that movie.

As for the rec, first - don't feel like an idiot, how should you know? You're just starting to discover the DH greatness.
      Second, recs: my fav DH films which I can recommend are:
      1. Treed Murray
      2. Cube
      3. Nothing
      4. Clutch
      5. Pin
      6. Ice Men

(haven't seen ADB yet )

Make sure not to miss David's short appearance in "Cypher" (Weird eyes! *g*) and "Century Hotel" (wheeee, the hotness...). Also essential: The TV show "Traders" - Hewlett as Grant is just indescribable fantastic!

Bye, A.

ETA: Sorry, Mercury, I don't have the drum cap, I think Willow and watcher have it. Can't remember, maybe it was posted in the Nothing picspam a few days ago
      ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
      ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
        Yes, see Nothing!
        I can't recommed this movie enough.
        And David is in his undies in most of this movie!
        well. now i really have to see it!

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post

ETA: Sorry, Mercury, I don't have the drum cap, I think Willow and watcher have it. Can't remember, maybe it was posted in the Nothing picspam a few days ago
          I just briefly dug through and, yes, Willow's posted some.
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=20202
          sigpic
          Sig by im_meli
          More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
            Killearn's nice...years since I was there though

I live in Balloch
            Cool I think I've heard of it.

Originally posted by PuddleJumper42 View Post
            Hi Firefly! Welcome to the thread!
            Thanks PJ! Good to be here

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
              Yep! it's available here. Netflix has it, and I got my copy from Amazon. Here's some info on it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0298482/
              It's a great, silly movie about wishing everything that annoyed you would disapear. It's very sweet and very funny. Lots of great quotes from it.

Anyone have a pic of Dave on the drums? I moved all my pics to my home computer.
              Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
              Yeah, "Nothing" is a movie. It's funny and interesting and weird. There's lots of Hewlett goodness in there (his friend Vincenzo Natali directed it and David was also one of the writers). A few pages ago we had a large "Nothing" picspam, take a look if you want to see some really nice caps from that movie.

As for the rec, first - don't feel like an idiot, how should you know? You're just starting to discover the DH greatness.
              Second, recs: my fav DH films which I can recommend are:
              1. Treed Murray
              2. Cube
              3. Nothing
              4. Clutch
              5. Pin
              6. Ice Men

(haven't seen ADB yet )

Make sure not to miss David's short appearance in "Cypher" (Weird eyes! *g*) and "Century Hotel" (wheeee, the hotness...). Also essential: The TV show "Traders" - Hewlett as Grant is just indescribable fantastic!

Bye, A.

THANK YOU GUYS!!! Looks like my summer has just gotten a bit busier.
              I will have to go and re-look at those pixs I saw several pages ago. This is so fun.
              sigpic

Comment

the one movie i cannot wait for it to come out on dvd (prolly the only way i will see it) is ADB
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress View Post
                  the one movie i cannot wait for it to come out on dvd (prolly the only way i will see it) is ADB
                  Yeah, same here. I feel as if the whole fandom has seen it but me. In fact I know quite a few people who haven't seen it yet, but since I missed it by just one day I feel so incredibly left out, if you know what I mean.

Bye, A.
                  ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                  ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

I haven't seen it either

Comment

I haven't seen it either! I WANT ADB!!!!!!!
                      My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                      Sig and avi by me
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Hellooo there!

Yes, ADB is fantastic! I hope you all get a chance to see it in a theater! And the sooner it comes out on dvd the better! ;P
                        Yay for Canadian Geeks!
                        PM me if you wanna chat!

sigpic

Comment

I made a few icons to use on my LJ, thought I'd post them before I go

(At the moment, I'm using the first one )
                          All snurchable - hope you like them.
                          Night!

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                            I made a few icons to use on my LJ, thought I'd post them before I go

(At the moment, I'm using the first one )
                            All snurchable - hope you like them.
                            Night!

Lol! Awesome! I like the 'no pants' one! Have a good night firefly!
                            Yay for Canadian Geeks!
                            PM me if you wanna chat!

sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone I aint been in here for awhile been at home on dial-up. Ugh. Watched Cube over easter for the first time and oh my god totally loved it. He was totally brill!! Anyways hope everyones ok.
                              Spoiler:

Sorry just a random pic spam lol. My McClone has decided he wants to dress like this
                              from now on. Not that im complaining. Always loved a man in uniform lol

Tony: I was lucky to get out of Rebecca's apartment alive. She threw this at my head.
                              (Holds up a copy of Moby Dick)
                              Ziva: Something wrong with reading Moby Dick?
                              Tony: No. She was throwing it. I took it so she couldn't rearm.

Comment

Ahaha I love that

No pants

This is my happy place
                                sigpic
                                My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X