No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's one from the Dog's Breakfast showing in Vancouver, what a cutie!

Spoiler'd for size

Spoiler:

Yay for Canadian Geeks!
    PM me if you wanna chat!

sigpic

Comment

A couple more before I head out

((Double Thunk!! ))

Night all!
      Yay for Canadian Geeks!
      PM me if you wanna chat!

sigpic

Comment

Advanced warning, this might be a fairly looooong post cos i think i've pushed the multi-quote function to the limit!!

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
        Why does this thread always fall below the other thunk threads? We've got to keep it going strong! Has everyone voted for David/Rodney for favorite character at the Spacey Awards? Do you think he'll win or will Starbuck take it?

Does anyone know the names of the Stargate SG-1 episodes that McKay was in? I'd like to see those. They should be an interesting point of reference for seeing how much McKay has changed and grown while on Atlantis.

What's everyone's favorite Rodney moment or act or character trait? Why do you like him so much? I'm curious to read everyone's thoughts. You've probably discussed all this before but I'm new so bear with me.
        As Arlessiar said - quality not quantity!

Voted for Rodney and SGA too for that matter (and Vala for good measure!)

As far as i can tell, he's pretty much the same as in SG1 except i think maybe he seemed more confident around women in SG1, a bit smarmy actually. Maybe that's just around Carter though...

Hey, i can discuss McKay till the cows come home - and given i live on the city, that won't be for a while yet so....
        I love the clicky fingers (cos i do that too) and the whole talking with the hands thing tbh.
        And i know Arlessiar will agree with me that his eyelashes are to die for.
        Too many moments to pick a fave, but i do have a soft spot for GUP, at the end when Carter is trying to convince him that he's being rescued - if only for the look on his face.

Spoilered to keep size of post down!
        Spoiler:

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
        This made me angry too when I read it.
        Spoiler:
        Her 'own' ep? And one for Keller? Hello? And we'll get Teal'c and Robert Picardo on SGA too. And (JM quote) "a big crossover episode" - argh. How much more SG1 can you put into one season SGA???

Bye, A.
        Originally posted by LadyLord75 View Post
        See, that's what I'm afraid of, SGA being 'tampered with'...SG1 is fine, but
        Atlantis had me from the get-go. (well McKay had me...) Carter is fine, too...
        I just don't want Rodney constantly fawning over her. To be fair, I'm only
        up to Return Pt. 2, but I'm a bit worried about next season. Not sure what
        to think, really. Hmmmm...

*dissatisfied humph*

Spoiler:
        I was just getting used to the idea of Carter, now they want to bring in more!!
        Geez, anyone would think they don't trust SGA to do well on it's own merits!

I'm not actually averse to letting Keller have her own ep cos we need to get to know the character - like we had Poisoning the Well for Beckett even though he was only a recurring at the time. But yes, the others need more development too.

And i would be soooo disappointed with the writers if they had McKay slobbering all over Carter too. I think we have to trust that they have more sense than that. *crosses fingers just in case*

Ah the memories - thanks for those, put a smile on my face.

Originally posted by panikin View Post

Spoiler'd for size

Spoiler:
        http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t119/panikin/DHsmiley.jpg
        Oh, he even looked right at the camera!! I got one at the London screening and he's looking right at the camera but the look on his face was one of "Oh thanks for that(!)" cos my flash went off just as he looked my way!

Just listened to the commentary on Allies (i'm sure lots of you have heard this already but it's new to me so i don't care )

Spoiler:
        He had Mars with him and he growled at the Wraith queen (well, just as she came on screen anyway). It was soooo cute.
        The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by panikin View Post

Spoiler'd for size

That's a nice pic!

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
          Just listened to the commentary on Allies (i'm sure lots of you have heard this already but it's new to me so i don't care )

Spoiler:
          He had Mars with him and he growled at the Wraith queen (well, just as she came on screen anyway). It was soooo cute.
          Hey, that's news to me too! I haven't listened to all of the commentaries yet for season 2. Must put that on my "to-watch" list.

A couple from Vancouver in March (in spoilers for size)
          Spoiler:

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Ahh, Vancouver. Those were some fun days. I got a couple vids of David (and even Mars) while I was there, too. I should probably get around to posting 'em on YouTube one of these days.

Comment

Heya!

It's being a long, long time. I came here to bring you all a wall

Spoilers for size:

Spoiler:
              My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
              Sig and avi by me
              Spoiler:

Comment

today I recieved "Where the Heart is" from netflix. gonna watch and let you guys know what I thought of it. be back later then.

Comment

Originally posted by pavaneofstars View Post
                  That's a nice pic!

Hey, that's news to me too! I haven't listened to all of the commentaries yet for season 2. Must put that on my "to-watch" list.

A couple from Vancouver in March (in spoilers for size)
                  Spoiler:

Great pics. Have you actually visited the Atlantis set or is that pic of David behind the fence posted online somewhere? If you have visited, I envy you.

Comment

It's a little early, since me & him are in the same time zone and all, but

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
                    DAVID HEWLETT!!!!!!!!!
                    April 18th, 68 (According to IMDB)

Pic Spam!Couch Rodney

Last edited by Mercury973; 17 April 2007, 04:21 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by im_meli
                    More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
                      It's a little early, since me & him are in the same time zone and all, but

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
                      DAVID HEWLETT!!!!!!!!!
                      April 18th, 68 (According to IMDB)

Pic Spam!Couch Rodney

Haha, awesome pics! I loved that episode! Although I can't recall the episode... I just remember the 'I'm with genius' shirt and I almost died laughing when I saw it
                      Yay for Canadian Geeks!
                      PM me if you wanna chat!

sigpic

Comment

A couple caps from 'The Eye'

Yay for Canadian Geeks!
                        PM me if you wanna chat!

sigpic

Comment

It's 6am now on the 18th here where I am, I just got up, and despite being deadly tired I am happy, because today is the b-day of David Hewlett!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

DAVID HEWLETT

!!!

You'll probably never read this, but I post it anyway:
                          I wish you all the best and much luck and happiness! Seems like the last year wasn't such a bad one (ADB, SGA, Jane) - here's hoping the next year will be filled with even more greatness, joy, fun and success!

And cake. *g*

Bye, A.

P.S. Won't be here much to celebrate with you, all my fellow thunkers, as I have to go to work now and since today's also the birthday of my grandmother, I won't be back home until late in the evening.
                          ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                          ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Lovely Pics everyone.. Man I love his smile

HAPPY BIRTHDAY David H.

By Kidwizz

By JessM

Comment

WWWWHHHHHHHEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              *cough*

Whoo!!!!

Happy Birthday Mr Hewlett!

*too much?*

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!!

The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Working...
                                X