Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by watcher652
    From the 55 Questions with David Hewlett interview on GateWorld

What do you consider your best attribute?
    I laugh easily.
    So do I! So do I! See. We are so right for each other.
    "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
    "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
    Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
    Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
    "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
    Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
    Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
    (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Actually, I needed a bucket because that pic was so *melt* worthy. I only really drool over food. Mmm...food...

BTW, did anyone ever get word from David regarding a charity for his B-day? It's coming up soon.

*Looks for a Scotch Bonnet chili for the salsa*

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
        Actually, I needed a bucket because that pic was so *melt* worthy. I only really drool over food. Mmm...food...
        BTW, did anyone ever get word from David regarding a charity for his B-day? It's coming up soon.
        *Looks for a Scotch Bonnet chili for the salsa*
        Mmm donuts...
        And yes any word on the charity?
        Oh please no, not the scotch bonnets! When I was in sixth form there was a rather macho party game all the lads partook in, involving eating a WHOLE scotch bonnet!

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
          Exactly! Can we please move the serious stuff back here because I miss the thunking!
          Yes, well you see I keep trying but it's hard...I noticed there's yet another dark McKay post today on the thunk thread despite the efforts to move it across here. Oh well. Keep on trying I guess.

Comment

Actually, I needed a bucket because that pic was so *melt* worthy.
            You mean you need a bucket like Odo from DS9? (sorry, major sideways geek moment)

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
              I think this site was one of the best about fan meetings
              http://randomhewlettramblers.bravehost.com/

And I believe this calls for a repost of a very thunkworthy picture some newbies may have missed!
              Ah, David has a little fohawk (sp?). That's so cute.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                I'm all out of buckets but I have plenty of towels. *Leaves towels at the thread door.*
                Now you have me thinking of Hitchhiker's Guide. Stop that!

Have another cap from Rising part 1. Did someone mention Bob Hope? I can get so behind the Hope and Crosby thing Joe Flanigan's talked about.

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                  Ah, David has a little fohawk (sp?). That's so cute.
                  fohawk! Interesting. Yeah, it's so cute. And the way he's looking into the camera. It's like he's looking into my soul......(ahem. yeah right! LOL.)

by the way:HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
                  17! Wow. I feel old.
                  "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                  "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                  Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                  Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                  "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                  Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                  Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                  (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                    Rodney and Elizabeth routinely passed the time on Antarctica by engaging in stare-off contests. (wonder who's going to win this one?)

Oh and yes, sort of like Odo. Although, melty thoughts and Odo certainly don't go together. No, no.

Comment

Originally posted by not so ancient
                      Did you get my Private Message?
                      Yep.. and I just replied to it.... after having it sit there for far too long. sorry.

I sent a short letter to him... um... almost two weeks ago asking about it. If he has replied, it hasn't arrived yet and I've only got til tomorrow morning's mail to check for it. It hasn't been returned to me yet so I presume I got enough postage on it to make it from the wilds of northern VA to Vancouver. I'm still a bit anxious about it... that's my first fan letter ever.

Comment

Rodney and Elizabeth routinely passed the time on Antarctica by engaging in stare-off contests. (wonder who's going to win this one?)
                        I think Elizabeth will.

- Rodney's AADD will kick in before too long.
                        - Elizabeth is not an Ancient Device and Rodney's mind will start to wander.
                        - Elizabeth doesn't have short blonde hair (and Rodney's mind will start to wander).
                        - Rodney does the blinking thing (blink blink "What?" blink blink) more than Elizabeth does.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Oh my no, I think McKay is the best character on the show and the primary reason i watch it. DH is so talented and fun to watch and his skill really makes McKay come to life. And I just adore the interaction between him and the other characters. If they killed off the McKay character, I'd probably not care if I saw it or not. Atlantis is okay to see and all the others do a good job, it's not that, but McKay/DH is why I watch. And he's such a flexible character (for the show's writers). They can do some really great character development plots with him. I don't think he's taken over the show, I think he's a major part of the team and that's how it was intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                            Yes, well you see I keep trying but it's hard...I noticed there's yet another dark McKay post today on the thunk thread despite the efforts to move it across here. Oh well. Keep on trying I guess.
                            Sorry, I'm new. I'm learning. Just found out what a thunk was so it's taking me a little while to get used to posting the serious stuff here. I was just answering a post on there about the topic. Didn't think it mattered where the original 'dark' thread was discussed.

Comment

Originally posted by kimaken
                              I don't like McKay. Neither do I NOT like him. I guess because, unlike everyone else in the fandom, McKay's not my favorite character.

I loved his scenes with Beckett in the early eps, but they don't have those any more. The McKay scenes with Zalenka are fun, but I resent that they've come about at the expense of what was once the McKay-Beckett friendship.The McKay-Sheppard snarky friendship is a given since it emulates the Daniel-Jack snarky friendship. The whole show appears to be devoted to Rodney McKay, above all the other characters, and that's a real turn-off for me.
                              Ah, well, to each his own. That's the great thing about Atlantis. A different character type for us all. And McKay is not everone's cup of Athosian tea. Just look at the number of Sheppard/Joe Flanigan posts.

A show just about McKay wouldn't be much fun. As much as I enjoy David Hewlett, it's the relationships that McKay has with those around him that I enjoy. (Ok, who am I trying to kid, David Hewlett just standing there is enough for me. But that goes in the thunk thread).

McKay in a vacuum would be irritating. McKay and anybody is wonderful to watch. McKay has wonderful reactions to everything whether it be irritation, sorrow or joy. It's all there in his eyes, his face and his hands.

Sounds like you appreciate Beckett more than McKay. Beckett is going to be series regular in Season 2, so you may get your wish for more Beckett-McKay. Or even, just more Beckett over all.

Me, I'm just a pushover for a snarky genius. Or a smirky genius. It looks like Sheppard is Mensa material. I knew there was something more to that man than just a flyboy with ruffled hair!

(BTW and OT, I like House on Fox, and Monk on USA. Historically, Doogie Howser and Wesley Crusher were two of my favorite TV characters.)

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by LadyNRA
                                Sorry, I'm new. I'm learning. Just found out what a thunk was so it's taking me a little while to get used to posting the serious stuff here. I was just answering a post on there about the topic. Didn't think it mattered where the original 'dark' thread was discussed.
                                No problems. We're all self regulating here. I'm amazed how orderly it all is.

If you read this thread from the beginning, there was a lot of thunking going on here until ShadowMaat opened the Thunk thread. I didn't know about it either at the beginning since I was new to GateWorld itself. All I did was hang around the Atlantis threads and didn't even venture into General Discussion.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X