No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guessing that David and Paul most likely have dual citizenships. As for the question on how many you can have, here's a link to a wikipedia article that explains multiple citizenships http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_citizenship

I know even though I was born in America and have American citizenship, I'm also considered a citizen of Scotland because that's were my dad is from. The whole dual thing can get kinda confusing sometimes.

Here's a couple of pics...

Spoiler:

Sig made by me
    Spoiler:

sig by me
    the quote is from kimberlyfdr on Livejournal used with permission

Thanks to SueKay for my wonderful sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
      Eyelash love-
      (I think this is season 3, so I will put in spoiler. It's not really a spoiler, but ya never know).
      Spoiler:
      He has the greatest eyelashes - but they are extra long in that pic!

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
      Gah, I don't know if this is considered a spoiler since it's already been talked about practically everywhere, but just in case you don't pay attention to any other character except Rodney:

Something in real life that has to do with what happened in the season 3 episode, "Sunday"

Spoiler:
      The Save Carson campaign has put up a tv news story on YouTube. The camera catches David talking to the fans.
      Ok, i had a proper lol moment when

Spoiler:
      The girl was describing Carson's death and said "well basically he blew up"

I was more than a liitle miffed by the manner of his death, but that really tickled me for some reason

Now see, I have a whole different take on that. I thought it was a pretty respectful piece. The only thing that I thought was a bit much was
      Spoiler:
      the fans running down the road.

Never mind Joe. Why did it seem that all the other people had English accents?

And speaking of accents, there was some mis-information in the piece.
      Spoiler:
      The piece said that Paul was a Scottish actor. But Paul is a Canadian actor playing a Scottish doctor.

Here's something I've wondered about. David was born in England, Paul was born in Scotland, and Rachel was born in Tanzania. I know Rachel is dual Canadian/American, because Tanzania doesn't recognize dual citizenship. She said this at a convention I attended. Does anyone know if David or Paul have dual citizenship? I've never thought of either of them being anything other than Canadian. I know David's father is British. Didn't David once refer to himself in an interview as an uptight Englishman or an uptight British man?
      Ooo the
      Spoiler:
      fans running down the road

bit made me cringe.

As for the dual nationality - not sure, i'd say they're probably just Canadian cos they've been over there so long, but who knows.......they do i suppose!

At P2, David said as a kid he was whatever nationality got him the most attention. So he was British when he was in Canada and Canadian when he was in Britain. But i've seen interviews where he says he's Canadian and proud and others where he talks about his Britishness.....

Confusing myself now.
      The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Now see, I have a whole different take on that. I thought it was a pretty respectful piece. The only thing that I thought was a bit much was
        Spoiler:
        the fans running down the road.
        Why is that a spoiler? Anyway, it was more the ammature approach from both the protesters and the media that had me amused.

And Paul is "a Scottish actor" do some research folks, how hard is it to call his agent and ask? You think Paul will add this to his resume? LOL sorry stopping now before someone hits me.

On David and his citizenship, no idea. I think we talked about this before, but I guess even if he was now a Canadian he seems very fond of his English heritage and he wasn't that young when they moved so maybe he just feels at times more like an Englishman in Canada. Maybe Jane brings the Englishman out in him. *I have no idea what that means*

I don't know, I do know I really want to hear him do an English accent.

Originally posted by smushybird View Post
        Gah, that line about her brain being a wasteland, that was creepy.
        LOL! I am not saying a word.

Comment

Still on a bit of a Traders kick at the mo, thought i'd share a piccie i found

Anyone happen to know which episode it's from?

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
            Still on a bit of a Traders kick at the mo, thought i'd share a piccie i found

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p.../TraderGJ7.jpg

Anyone happen to know which episode it's from?
            Aw, I want to hug him.

watcher is our resident Traders expert. Hmm, he doesn't have a beard, that should narrow it down, I think there was only the one season where he was without the beard.

He doesn't have it here either.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
              Aw, I want to hug him.

watcher is our resident Traders expert. Hmm, he doesn't have a beard, that should narrow it down, I think there was only the one season where he was without the beard.

He doesn't have it here either.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...ox/traders.jpg
              I know!! i thought people would appreciate the cuteness of that one.

Just gotta wait for watcher to log in then

*twiddles thumbs, strokes screen and gets funny looks from workmate*
              Last edited by Squonk; 04 April 2007, 03:12 AM.

l My LJ l

Comment

What I found interesting, is that at non-British cons, David refers to himself as British, when he was at Pegasus 2, he referred to himself as English

As for Paul McGillion, he said that 'he loves Scotland and tries to get home as much as possible', but he also says he doesn't feel like a true Scot (because he's not lived in Scotland for years) but is very glad that the Scottish fans have taken him to be one of our own

They've both spent time in their country's of birth (David in Selsey (which my mum says is lovely) and Paul in Paisley and Barrhead (...which ain't so lovely!))
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

booked my ticket for P3. Says there are only 30 meet and greet tickets left.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

I'm hoping there are still some left on the 16th when my funding comes through...might ask my mum for a loan
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                      I'm hoping there are still some left on the 16th when my funding comes through...might ask my mum for a loan
                      i love credit cards

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Well, I got my credit card yesterday so I hope that I can pay it. I will get money on Monday so I hope this works.

Did you read Joe´s blog today? New episode´s title revealed:

Spoiler:
                        Miller´s Crossing. I am 100% sure it will be something with Rodney and Jeannie.

I love summer and warm but...is it Fall yet?

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                          Did you read Joe´s blog today? New episode´s title revealed:

Spoiler:
                          Miller´s Crossing. I am 100% sure it will be something with Rodney and Jeannie.
                          Ooo, i hope so!!

l My LJ l

Comment

Hey guys!

Off topic but very important

Spoiler:

i will be running race for life in June in Manchester. You can sponsor me if you want through my webpage at

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/sarahphoniexhardy

This is an offical page set up by race for life to try and make sponsoring someone easy and safe.

Thank you, very pound really does make a difference. This is something that affects us all, no matter who we are or where we live.

Wish me luck, i'm going to need it

Back on topic
                            The new title sounds very intersting and VERY promising! Can't wait. On that note, any idea on when season 4 is due about to air or any idea on release date for season 3 boxset? My mums finally caught up with season 2 (only took her three years ) and wants to start on 3 before 4 starts.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex View Post
                              Hey guys!

Off topic but very important

Spoiler:

i will be running race for life in June in Manchester. You can sponsor me if you want through my webpage at

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/sarahphoniexhardy

This is an offical page set up by race for life to try and make sponsoring someone easy and safe.

Thank you, very pound really does make a difference. This is something that affects us all, no matter who we are or where we live.

Wish me luck, i'm going to need it

Back on topic
                              The new title sounds very intersting and VERY promising! Can't wait. On that note, any idea on when season 4 is due about to air or any idea on release date for season 3 boxset? My mums finally caught up with season 2 (only took her three years ) and wants to start on 3 before 4 starts.
                              Good luck with the Race for Life!!

Season 4 i think will air in autumn, no idea about release dates for season 3 but seeing as they released S2 midway through S3, i wouldn't hold my breath about getting it before S4 starts.

Now, credit to Josie who posted these on the Shep thread. Look who's checking out the hotness of McKay's butt...that's right it's....Ronan!?!

Now there's a slash pairing i never thought of...

l My LJ l

Comment

wow the race of life is a good thing! Good luck with it
                                sigpic
                                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Working...
                                X