No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, finally got here. I saw First Strike, new uniform, hmm, I am not sure about it but it looks interesting.

P2 was great and I am so sorry I had my stupid camera where I have lots of heads but no actors

At least those are OK:

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

@#$%*!!!

Now that I took that off my system, I can TRY TO POST SOMETHING in here.

Those are really cool pictures, everyone. And that's a cool shir Arlessiar! DH seems like such a great person! I'm still hoping I will be able to go to a con sometime during my life... maybe when I'm rich enough... dream on girl... *sights*
      My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
      Sig and avi by me
      Spoiler:

Comment

YAY!

GW's back!!!!

anyhoo...report from ADB

http://suekay-87.livejournal.com/116533.html
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Am I the only one who finds this "David" juxtaposition amusing?
          (screencap from First Strike)
          Spoiler:

More caps at my LJ.
          http://nightspring.livejournal.com/80247.html
          Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
          Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
          -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
            Am I the only one who finds this "David" juxtaposition amusing?
            (screencap from First Strike)
            LOL. I love me some Rodney. I just wannt tuck him into bed and read him Goodnight Moon or something.

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
            I have seen First Strike and I have little worries for season 4 now, but you know that may change such is fandom.
            I also was able to see it. Bring it on! Change can be good, as long as the group dynamic is still there. If they all still care about each other, then we're good.

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
            Also, I'm wearing the t-shirt I had made for this con. When I couldn't get a David photo ticket for Saturday I was sad that the t-shirt would never be "true" if you know what I mean. But then I got the ticket for the DH pic on Sunday, and I wore the shirt and yay, now what it says is true!!!
            That's hysterical! And now it's true! Is he just one of the nicest guys? I just get that feeling; that he is just nice.
            sigpic
            Sig by im_meli
            More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Yay, the forum's back but my computer's being stupid, so here goes nothing.

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
              Lovely...THUNK! And that tshirt of yours and David's expression is priceless!

Have seen First Strike and... WHOA! I liked it, I really did.
              Spoiler:
              ZELENKA (sulkily): If we survive this, I'm putting in for a transfer.
              McKAY: Oh, please. We both know that you've done your best work
              under me.
              SHEPPARD: Why don't you two guys just make out and get it over with,
              huh?
              omg! LMAO!!

And the whole Fatastic Four discussion between John, Ronon and Teyla was very amusing.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Some new icons. Not as many as a usual batch but these take a little longer to make. There are some John and Ronon ones on my journal. Feel free to snag.
                Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

love the icons! they are great
                  sigpic
                  Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Part one of my Peg 2 report!
                    (No David pics sadly!)

http://suekay-87.livejournal.com/117203.html

And I can't remember if I posted this or not but here's my ADB REPORT!!
                    (again no David pictures!)

http://suekay-87.livejournal.com/116533.html
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pavaneofstars View Post
                      Have seen First Strike and... WHOA! I liked it, I really did.
                      Spoiler:

ZELENKA (sulkily): If we survive this, I'm putting in for a transfer.
                      McKAY: Oh, please. We both know that you've done your best work
                      under me.
                      SHEPPARD: Why don't you two guys just make out and get it over with,
                      huh?
                      omg! LMAO!!

And the whole Fatastic Four discussion between John, Ronon and Teyla was very amusing.

Spoiler:
                      How funny was that scene!! And whumped McKay at the end - needed more blood though!
                      How the hell is McKay gonna get them out of this one!?!

Not so sure about McKay in that shirt now though! Reckon it may be better if he tucked it in.

I liked the ep. too - can't wait for S4 (though still tentative about the changes TBH)
                      The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

I'm glad you all liked the pics! Thanks for the feedback and the green!
                        Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                        ROFLMAO! That t-shirt is... well that is AWESOME!
                        The t-shirt seemed a bit naughty to me when I came up with the phrase and went to have it printed on the shirt, but I thought it was a funny idea so I went with it. And when I put it on on Sunday I still weren't sure about it, I didn't want DH to think that I'm a weird fangirl! But then I thought to hell with it, I can be a bit silly, all this is a big show anyway, why not have some fun, everyone does, the way we present ourselves here is not our "everyday life setting". If he was here to take everyone seriously we'd have to sit down and talk about politics or something and that will never happen. So I wore the shirt. I covered it up with a jacket until it was time to go into the photo room so that no-one would see it before it was 'true' what it said. When I came closer to David in the queue I was a bit anxious again, what would he say, and Jane was there too and his sister Jennie with Adam and baby Jeremy. But it was funny in the end, no weird comment. Don't know what he thought about it though!
                        And yeah WSOD *database hackers I think* kept me away.
                        Woah, that was WSOD extreme this time! We had no problems for a long time so I guess it was overdue.
                        I have seen First Strike and I have little worries for season 4 now, but you know that may change such is fandom.
                        I'm still concerned about s4, but overall I liked the ep. And Rodney was great in it. So loyal, serious and professional and calm.

That's you Klenotka! Ah I saw you, I think I was even in the room when you got your picture (I remember looking at your shirt), but we didn't really meet!

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
                        LOL. I love me some Rodney. I just wannt tuck him into bed and read him Goodnight Moon or something
                        Weird, I often feel similar when I see him. As if he's a cute, small boy in dire need of some comfort and loving.

Is he just one of the nicest guys? I just get that feeling; that he is just nice.
                        He is very nice indeed, very patient, friendly and attentive and focussed. He obviously didn't feel too well, but he treated every fan with the same amount of attention and a smile.
                        We shouldn't forget of course that these cons are a job for the actors, and that meeting the fans isn't always easy. Yes, it can be fun and interesting even for the guests, but it's also exhausting (especially when you are a 'bigger' star), you need to smile for everyone and make smalltalk (which is basically always the same) and come up with interesting things to write or say. So I guess just like the fans are displaying their silly side while on a con, the actors also do at a con what they do best: act. Not always of course, and I think DH is genuinely a nice guy! But still, even when the actors talk about their private life or their bts experiences on set or when they say how great it was to meet you - there's still a bit of acting in there. I don't think we really got to see DH how he would behave at home, ok, a tiny bit maybe, a few glimpses sometimes, like when he stroked Jane absently while standing beside her. And when he talks to you he surely means most of the things he says and doesn't pretend. But at the end of the day it's a job. He might enjoy it, maybe even more than others because he's such a (scifi) geek, but this is not the 100% true and pure Hewlett. That is reserved for his family and friends.

Does that make any sense?

Bye, A.
                        ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                        ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

hi everybody!!!!!
                          well im finally online since ADB..and all i can say is wow...!!
                          heres my report
                          http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/i...id=20222#20222

together with a pic that david took of me and him (the man is the master of multi-tasking)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Two things that really excited me by the way was that Kate Hewlett recognised my nickname from her blog, and that Jane Loughman recognised it too!

When Jane asked for my name for the autograph I showed her my badge and she said "oh you're Arlessiar!" and I think my jaw dropped. I said something like "You recognise it, really?" and she said that she's seen my name in the comments/forum. I said that I had submitted a poster for ADB and she and David nodded confirmingly and Jane wrote "Sarina -thanks for the art" then. Such a darling!

Another David pic I made:

Bye, A.
                            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

I got David to sign the ADB postcard that L-Jade sent me from Comic Con and he said "Cool! Where did you get that from?"

Jane also asked and said "Did you get it on ebay?!" I was like "No a friend sent it to me from Burbank" and she said "Cool! That's really nice!"

David drew a little love heart on the postcard, but only chuckled at what Kate had put on it already (lol ) I can't tell you what Kate wrote cos it'd spoil the film!

I was wearing my GW name badge, but it never got a comment...He was probably thinking 'Oh dear it's her!' or something lol!
                              sigpic

Comment

me getting called ninja was enough..and jane remembering me and the 2 of them asking me how i did in my tournament..then when i went in again jane said to me 'sorry for pickin on and embarrassing you earlier but we wanted to know how you got on!!' i was like ' dont apologise no need!! its fine thank you!! i cant believe you rememebred that!!'

Comment

Working...
                                X