No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More from The Siege part 2. Hmm, smushybird is right, McKay does gesture a lot with his left hand. But in this case, it's becasue of the way McKay crosses his arms. Left over right.

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

done!
      Right, I'm off to watch Cube!

sigpic
      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
        More from The Siege part 2. Hmm, smushybird is right, McKay does gesture a lot with his left hand. But in this case, it's becasue of the way McKay crosses his arms. Left over right.
        Yep I noticed he crosses left over right about half way through the season (quick huh?!), which is surely kinda unusual for a right handed person? I certainly find it very difficult to cross my arms that way being right-handed. He does some nice left hand gesturing in BIS too (drifts off in thought for a moment... ) Though from watching him I'd say no doubt that he's right-handed, he naturally transfers things to his right hand or seems right hand dominant when using the large computer pad touch-thingy for instance (not that I'm GLUED to the screen when he's on... ahem). In 38 Minutes if you watch
        Spoiler:
        he uses his LEFT hand to punch in controls on the hand-held when he's trying to get the bulkhead door to close, but I think that was for the exaggerated effect for the shot. He's definitely back to right hand on the main computer pad when trying to retract the engine pod.

The shooting isn't necessarily a definite, might depend on which eye dominant he is, although more often than not right eye right hand dominant go together. But it doesn't matter because that is probably one of my all time favorite pictures of him, in that shooting stance, so I just plain love you for posting that anyway!!!!!
        McKay, "I'm not sure I can fix this."
        Grodin, "You can fix anything."
        McKay, "Who told you that?"
        Grodin, "You did. Several times."

Comment

Originally posted by Cassiopeia
          Yep I noticed he crosses left over right about half way through the season (quick huh?!), which is surely kinda unusual for a right handed person?
          I'm right-handed and I cross my left arm over my right. The other way feels wierd.

BTW, I found a killer pic of David! Merry X-mas everyone!!

It's from the movie 'on the 2nd day of christmas'

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
            Spoiler:
            Who said he's confident? He might still be feeling awkward.
            Ah, good point. I'm just making an assumption with how the writers are going to portray him. Hopefully I'm wrong and we get
            Spoiler:
            fumbling!Rodney instead.

Comment

Ya see Radek. . its like this. . .Sheppard kisses hot alien chick and then everyone goes ga-ga for him. If the writers would give US a chance, such as. . .well, I could kiss Chaya just as good as Sheppard. . .and. . .well, you get my point!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I'm right-handed and I cross my left arm over my right. The other way feels wierd.
                Really? Now that way feels weird to ME. Wonder if it's something to do with a slight difference in length of upper arms given that we're not all symmetrical? I'm pretty well ampidextrous actually, though I mainly write with my right hand, so I tend to say I'm right handed, but I catch reflexly left handed and shoot right handed, am right eye dominant, but use my left hand for gesturing and 'talking' so if anyone should be able to cross their arms either way without thinking about it it should be me!!! But nope, left over right feels odd. Hmmm.

Cute pic BTW.

Comment

Really? Now that way feels weird to ME. Wonder if it's something to do with a slight difference in length of upper arms given that we're not all symmetrical? I'm pretty well ampidextrous actually, though I mainly write with my right hand, so I tend to say I'm right handed, but I catch reflexly left handed and shoot right handed, am right eye dominant, but use my left hand for gesturing and 'talking' so if anyone should be able to cross their arms either way without thinking about it it should be me!!! But nope, left over right feels odd. Hmmm.
                  My arms seem the same length as each other. I do almost everything right-handed, but I'm left eye dominant.

sigpic

Comment

Is it just me or does anyone else not find Rodney annoying? I've met more annoying people and seen them too, like Quintin in 'Cube'- He's annoying.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                      Ah, good point. I'm just making an assumption with how the writers are going to portray him. Hopefully I'm wrong and we get
                      Spoiler:
                      fumbling!Rodney instead.
                      Yep, we only know scanty details,
                      Spoiler:
                      we don't even know how he's got that date, it might have been set up by someone, or a complete misunderstanding, anything. But agreed, I like the fact that he's not confident around women in a romantic sense, it's somehow very cute! Hope they don't change that too much.

Comment

Is it just me or does anyone else not find Rodney annoying? I've met more annoying people and seen them too, like Quintin in 'Cube'- He's annoying.

I don't find him annoying at all, just usually correct, painfully blunt and bitingly sarcastic, all of which I happen to like.

Comment

I'm right handed and I cross my left arm over my right. I also put the telephone up to my left ear (so I can use my right hand to write while on the phone). But I'm very right dominant otherwise.

I noticed McKay held his flashlight in his right hand right before they entered the Wraith Hive Ship in The Defiant One. I don't know if he can use the Life Signs Detector with just one hand. But if doesn't, this means he can use his right hand to punch the buttons on the LSD being held in his left hand.

Then he switched the flashlight to his left hand when he carried his gun.

Er, David's hair looks very nice in that second shot.

My kind of guy:
                          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

My arms seem the same length as each other. I do almost everything right-handed, but I'm left eye dominant.
                            Don't try archery then!

It's difficult to tell from a photo, but looking at the alignment on McKay's gun and gun arm in that absolutely hot sexy and adorable pic (has quick gulp of cold water to calm down a little) it er, um, what was I saying??? Oh yeah, it looks to me like he's right eye dominant.

Comment

I'm right handed and I cross my left arm over my right. I also put the telephone up to my left ear (so I can use my right hand to write while on the phone). But I'm very right dominant otherwise.
                              Hmmm, looks like I'm more the odd one out crossing right over left!
                              I noticed McKay held his flashlight in his right hand right before they entered the Wraith Hive Ship in The Defiant One. I don't know if he can use the Life Signs Detector with just one hand. But if doesn't, this means he can use his right hand to punch the buttons on the LSD being held in his left hand.

Then he switched the flashlight to his left hand when he carried his gun.

Er, David's hair looks very nice in that second shot.
                              ANOTHER fave photo! Did I mention I love you?!! lol

You're right about the torch etc (and his hair). Glad I'm not the only one glued to the screen paying attention to such trivia. Ahem. Not our fault eh if he's got nice hands... and arms... and gestures nicely... and....

Comment

I don't find him annoying at all, just usually correct, painfully blunt and bitingly sarcastic, all of which I happen to like.
                                I don't find him annoying either. But it's one thing to watch Rodney bite the head off of someone else and another if he was doing it to me personally. I might find it annoying then if I had to work with the man. I mean, how often does McKay actually say "Good work, boys and girls" like he did in Hot Zone? Of course, since he's so stingy with his praise, it's just so much more meaningful when you receive it from him.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X