Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McKay's girl
    I wonder what DH thinks of slash...
    I'm sure he shakes his head sagely at the strangeness of fan girls...

Either that or he thinks 'hmmm they might be on to something...I always wondered about Spock...'.

It's just a fan interpretation of the chemistry they give us on screen. Atlantis has some very compelling relationships between some very 3 dimensional characters...and some people read certain interactions more closely than others.

But if I ever meet him, I intend to ask what was up with McKay in Sanctuary. I mean c'mon, what do they want us to think??

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
      I've read on a DH interview somewhere that DH comes up with alot of the annoying McKay lines himself.
      Thats probably why their so similar
      I wouldn't be surprised...in many of the other roles I've seen him in and in all the interviews I've read, there are definite McKayisms...

David Hewlett IS McKay...minus the crankiness (but I hear he's working on it ). And minus the whole Physics genius thing.

I've noticed they kind of look similar too...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Thought it was funny that this storyline should come up after we had discussed the idea of a psychic girl/someone who could "get inside his head".
        I like the extra dimension to this plot (I wonder if we get to see this coming, as in if it's setup in an episode before rather than sprung suddenly)...should make it a funnier episode, not to mention McKay's reaction.
        But it could almost sound a bit like a Mary Sue , except I sort of recall this episode was (unless I'm really very mistaken) written by one of the newer and definitely male writers...

Comment

Just think how much insight McKay can get concerning women and what they want/need/desire.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
          Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

haha yea i read somewhere that he gets so into mckay, he needs a few hours to get out of it. funny guy...

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
              I like the extra dimension to this plot (I wonder if we get to see this coming, as in if it's setup in an episode before rather than sprung suddenly.
              I hope so. When these things are set up beforehand and you can see it coming the pay-off is much more fun.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Renenutet
                Just think how much insight McKay can get concerning women and what they want/need/desire.
                On the other hand, it could be quite terrifying...
                "A little learning is a dangerous thing"

Spoiler:
                McKay gaining insight into the female psyche could turn the whole of Atlantis upside down.
                Last edited by Easter Lily; 03 April 2005, 12:59 PM. Reason: Spoiler Tags
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                  On the other hand, it could be quite terrifying...
                  "A little learning is a dangerous thing"

McKay gaining insight into the female psyche could turn the whole of Atlantis upside down.
                  Spoiler:
                  I'd like to see this lady spend at least several episodes inside of McKay's brain. This way we the audience could learn a great many things about what makes Rodney tick as she does.

I think having someone in Atlantis that knows Rodney, inside and out, all his little secrets and fears and wants, would make for a very interesting story.

Plus, watching the two of them trying to learn to live like the most closely married couple ever would be hilarious
                  Last edited by Cory Holmes; 03 April 2005, 01:02 PM.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Bless him. It must be hard to just snap out of a character you're playing, especially if its one so energetic and sarcastic as Mckay. David's such a funny guy. I'm so glad they cast him on Atlantis. I couldn't imagine him not on the show!

Luce xxx

Comment

Hiya,

Just to let you know that the collection of messages for Davids birthday card has now closed. We received 95 comments, so a big thank you to those who wrote in.

These will be printed off and sent along to David in time for his birthday on the 18th.

Once again, thank you, you're brilliant!

Jen
                      Webmistress

#1 David Hewlett Fansite

Comment

Originally posted by Jen
                        Just to let you know that the collection of messages for Davids birthday card has now closed. We received 95 comments, so a big thank you to those who wrote in.

These will be printed off and sent along to David in time for his birthday on the 18th.
                        What? I missed it? Drat!

How about the address of where to send a card? I know the studio address been posted on the board before. I can't seem to find the search button. Did it go missing?

My kind of guy:
                        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Hmm, no pics yet on this page. Here's some from The Siege, part 2. As is my tradition, hand/arm shots first. Not too many of these in this episode.

This is the best one. Oh, and I see the science guy in the background zips his shirt up all the way.

These next three are all from the same scene. Lots of gesturing from Rodney.

My kind of guy:
                          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Oops, my pics went on a new page instead of the previous one. Oh, well...

My kind of guy:

Comment

Sigh. Look at all the spoilers. And spoiling Season 2 in the the Season 1 thread. Wah!

My kind of guy:

Comment

Mmm, pics. So happy GW is back. It's not the same anywhere else and I've missed the pics and discussion of films too.

Comment

Working...
                                X