Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by watcher652
    Remember, too, that McKay is full of walls and defenses. McKay might not want to get too close to someone who is responsible for saving his life because that someone may not come back someday. Not saying "John" puts a little impersonality in the mix. Although his heart will break in any case.
    The fact that McKay is trying not to get close to him means that he is close to him. He's just trying to deny it and hide his feelings. (not in the slash kinda way, I mean as friends)
    And you can see by the way the act together that their already pretty close friends
    Last edited by iLemon; 22 March 2005, 12:31 PM.

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
      I think it also has to do with McKay's acknowledgement that Sheppard is his team leader.
      He calls Wier by her first name though. I always found that abit odd for some reason, but that might because I'm getting used to the military way of things in Stargate.

sigpic
      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Awwww!!! DH is even cute in SouthPark mode! Ya just can't go wrong with that man.
        "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
        "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
        Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
        Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
        "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
        Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
        Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
        (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Hey folks ~ I gotta question. I'm not sure which thread to post this on so I'll put it up on a couple. At some point someone directed me (I'm pretty positive someone from gateworld) to a story by Murdocsangel that's titled Fun with E-mail! I copied and pasted the story into a document so I could read it later. Ummm...the thing is, I didn't bookmark where the story was posted and it's not on her FF.net site or homepage. I was gonna email her and see if she had updated the story and where I might find it but everytime I try, I get a blank screen. It just a cute little story and I'm trying to keep up with places that post fics. So if anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Thanks ever so much!
          "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
          Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
            Hey folks ~ I gotta question. I'm not sure which thread to post this on so I'll put it up on a couple. At some point someone directed me (I'm pretty positive someone from gateworld) to a story by Murdocsangel that's titled Fun with E-mail! I copied and pasted the story into a document so I could read it later. Ummm...the thing is, I didn't bookmark where the story was posted and it's not on her FF.net site or homepage. I was gonna email her and see if she had updated the story and where I might find it but everytime I try, I get a blank screen. It just a cute little story and I'm trying to keep up with places that post fics. So if anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Thanks ever so much!
            Hello...I read so many SGa fics I can easily help (plus I know Ma so that helps too) - it got posted on weirmckayship yahoogroup recently and also to her LJ.
            No update yet but I know MA as talking of one, so she'd probably like the feedback/encouragement.

'Fun with Email' here
            http://www.livejournal.com/users/murdocsangel/3157.html

Comment

Yaaaaaay!!! (sorry. coffee kicked in.) I knew it probably came from a journal. Thank you Purpleyin!!! You're super cool! I'm soooo totally bookmarking it this time.

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
                Yaaaaaay!!! (sorry. coffee kicked in.) I knew it probably came from a journal. Thank you Purpleyin!!! You're super cool! I'm soooo totally bookmarking it this time.
                No problem. Happy to answer fic related stuff, my reading ought to be useful for something

And MA's Lj is very cool (even if she thunks more over Zelenka than McKay )

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker
                  Hey, all. I'm a pretty much a lurker, but I had to share this with you all:
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...HEART_IS-0.jpg

This has got to be one of my all time fav movies. DH is soooo cute in this one. Such a far cry from his charater in Cube.
                  I am dying laughing!!!!!

What's the movie? Why is David dressed like......that?
                  ~*~*~*~*~*
                  not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Originally posted by not so ancient
                    I am dying laughing!!!!!

What's the movie? Why is David dressed like......that?
                    "Where the Heart is" an adorable DH film - very heart warming.

IMDb entry here
                    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100924/

As for why - the sweetie dresses up like that to pose for a painting for his sister.

Lots more caps here if you wish to see (though beware spoilers for film and also some not suitable for forums caps!)
                    http://elnino.is-a-geek.com/hannah/where/

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
                      Oh no kidding!! I've actually used the oscilloscope in the foreground of this pic. The flat thing with the four red lights to the right of it looks familiar too... I wanna say it's an old computer power supply/surge protector. And I really really want to know what's in the racks behind Rodney. Hopefully that will be on the set tour at the April convention and I'll get a chance to see everything first hand. I'm gonna drive the tour guide nuts because I'm soooo going to want to play with all the geek!toys.
                      I guess a lot of geeks like Rodney...myself included....or was it the other way round?

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                      Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                      ~CELLO!~
                      ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

A-yup, I'm all about the geek.

And just so's we have a pic on this new page.... a happy geek with glasses(from Foolproof):

Comment

I've just been rewatching The Seige Part 1 again and just want to say how much I enjoyed watching DH breathe life into Rodney especially
                          Spoiler:
                          after the Lagrantial satellite was blown up
                          ... It was a wonderful performance that ran through a gamut of emotions from shock to grief to fear. The lump in the throat when he told Weir that
                          Spoiler:
                          Grodin was a casualty in the event
                          was deeply moving. It was as if it hit home that the onslaught was imminent. That look of fear in his eyes just tore right through me. It conveyed the desperation of the moment... there had been so much hope and all that has now been rudely snatched from them. It was a moment of truth for Rodney.
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

More from Siege part 1.

Rodney, no undue pressure, but...

No undue pressure, Rodney. You just have to make it work.

Oh, yeah, I just have to make it work.

My kind of guy:
                            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                              He calls Wier by her first name though. I always found that abit odd for some reason, but that might because I'm getting used to the military way of things in Stargate.
                              Although Weir is above McKay in command, Elizabeth isn't military, she's a civilian like McKay. McKay was calling her Elizabeth back in Antarctica.

Since this is supposed to be a civilian operation, if something should happen to Weir (temporary, of course) and it wasn't a military situation, I think McKay would be next in line for the expedition leadership. How about that idea for an episode? Going to all those meetings Elizabeth attends and having to deal with, ugh, people all day, would drive McKay nuts. But if he had to make the tough decisions, you know McKay could do the leadership thing. He's not head of the science team just because he's a genius, but because he's also a leader.

My kind of guy:
                              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                                I've just been rewatching The Seige Part 1 again and just want to say how much I enjoyed watching DH breathe life into Rodney especially
                                Spoiler:
                                after the Lagrantial satellite was blown up
                                ... It was a wonderful performance that ran through a gamut of emotions from shock to grief to fear. The lump in the throat when he told Weir that
                                Spoiler:
                                Grodin was a casualty in the event
                                was deeply moving. It was as if it hit home that the onslaught was imminent. That look of fear in his eyes just tore right through me. It conveyed the desperation of the moment... there had been so much hope and all that has now been rudely snatched from them. It was a moment of truth for Rodney.
                                I almost cried.

I don't think these are spoilerish since they are taken out of context. We all know something bad will be happening in the season finale episodes. And, yes, I know it has been requested not to post photos in this thread, but I think they really illustrate the quoted comment.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X