No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL... yeah, it is a bit like a Rorschach test - "Now what does this scene remind you of?"

Regarding the decor
    Spoiler:
    that's why I was thinking an airborne hallucinogen that hadn't made it to the two people in the elevator. If it was already spread across the city, then those stampeding people wouldn't have noticed what was going on in the interior of the elevator until it was too late.

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
      Love the Atlantis ones from the office scene in an episode which I can't remember the name of right now.
      Those are from The Gift. I was just going to post those same caps, so good thing I checked.

You know I'm all about Rodney's hands.

Me, Me!

Lovely fist.

Yes, I know it's been posted before, but I love it.

I think Rodney would be rendered speechless if his hands were tied.

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
        You know, I had a bit of a DH marathon on the weekend with my newfound McShepper buddies and we realised something...

Out of all the movies available to us so far, there is only one love interest/kissing scene...

and it's with a man!
        David kisses a girl in Scanners II. He's even in bed with her.

Scanners II was a very hard movie for me to find. I could only find it online in VHS for the US and the dealer was quite nasty to me.

David is with a girl in Joe's Wedding. There's a, um, hmm, what can I say here that will pass muster on this board? Ok, well, there's a scene with her, but you only see David's reactions in the scene, not the girl. Although you do see her before that scene.

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
          David kisses a girl in Scanners II. He's even in bed with her.

Scanners II was a very hard movie for me to find. I could only find it online in VHS for the US and the dealer was quite nasty to me.

David is with a girl in Joe's Wedding. There's a, um, hmm, what can I say here that will pass muster on this board? Ok, well, there's a scene with her, but you only see David's reactions in the scene, not the girl. Although you do see her before that scene.
          Dang, there goes my theory lol.

But you gotto be more specific about this scene!

I can handle it! I swear.

Although the board might be a different story...

(BTW doesn't it strike you as funny/odd/cool/cute that David was in a movie called Joe's wedding? hehe.

Comment

The Gift! That's it! I love the office scene in The Gift. He is so adorably cute and sexy in that scene hehe.

Lucy

Comment

On 'Elevated'
              Spoiler:

I did wonder if it was a play on the idea that Ellen was the vulnerable woman.
              Maybe it wasn't that Ben wanted her to get out with him to save her fro DH's character but to save DH and himself.

Because you have her seeing knife in Ben's pocket and at first I thought it was her fear of him as weirdo and him coming after her, trying to stop her from getting in the lift because he thought DH was the madman but after the ending I wondered if it was actually about not leaving DH with her rather than not leaving her with DH...see what I mean? And the look she has at the end...creepy.

There was also the whole thing about her wanting to go back down (for more victims perhaps...)

Comment

Noticed there is no quote so here is one...not so much snark but something maybe forgotten from "Poisoning the Well" (taken from tvtwiz transcripts)

McKAY: I’m, uh, Doctor McKay, Doctor Rodney McKay. (He smiles and holds out his hand for her to shake. She looks at him, confused, ignoring his hand, then turns to Carson.)

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                  On 'Elevated'
                  Spoiler:

I did wonder if it was a play on the idea that Ellen was the vulnerable woman.
                  Maybe it wasn't that Ben wanted her to get out with him to save her fro DH's character but to save DH and himself.

Because you have her seeing knife in Ben's pocket and at first I thought it was her fear of him as weirdo and him coming after her, trying to stop her from getting in the lift because he thought DH was the madman but after the ending I wondered if it was actually about not leaving DH with her rather than not leaving her with DH...see what I mean? And the look she has at the end...creepy.

There was also the whole thing about her wanting to go back down (for more victims perhaps...)
                  See, I had a different take on it..
                  Cube & Elevated:
                  Spoiler:
                  I thought that they were all becoming affected by something that basically made them turn on each other. Like in Cube, the real danger turned out to come from each other, rather than any exterial threat. In Cube, the cube itself is almost innocuous. It doesn't care whether they live or die, it doesn't even threaten them. If htey hadn't left that first room, all would have been fine.
                  Elevated is kind of like that too. The 'monster' or whatever was outside wasn't really there, wasn't a threat. The way I see it, DH's character was the first to be affected. The blood on his shirt was somebody else's, somebody he had in fact killed. The catch is that after whatever the thing is makes u go nuts, you go to phase 2, which is the rational fear part, which is where DH was at when he entered the elevator.
                  Ben was the next person to go nuts, but DH & ellen sensed this and stayed in the elevator. When he jumped on top, he was at the fully fledged 'going nuts' phase and was trying to get in at them.

When Ellen killed DH's character, she was the one at the 'going nuts' phase. After she does it, she seems to kinda have an 'omg he's dead' moment. That's maybe when the rational fear part starts to set in.

All the other people running to the elevator are about to go through a similar cycle...

Or maybe I'm just reading into it too much. Coz all the running people didn't have blood on them....hmmm.

Comment

These are all from Redemption, I love that episode.

I got some of finger-pointing McKay!

How can you resist this?

sigpic
                    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                      I CAN'T! Ohhhh, come here little Roddie get some hugs and kisses from your thunkers.
                      "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                      "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                      Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                      Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                      "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                      Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                      Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                      (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Thanks SaharaGate, Purpleyn, and Strivara for your views on "Elevated".

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                        Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Wet Rodney....

Happy Rodney...

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                          Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

I think it would be more interesting if McKay came to Earth, he could annoy Sam again!
                            Spoiler:
                            And also, its possible for McKay to come to Earth. It's his home and he deffinately will come through because we know we're gonna meet his sister

sigpic

Comment

Meaning no disrespect to anyone, but is there any chance of keeping all the pics and thunking to one thread and saving the other for actual discussion of his character? I have a hard time remembering which thread I'm in, myself, but as much as I love Rodney and as much as I love the occasional thunk and all the lovely pictures, I'd also like to be able to discuss the character without getting interrupted by too much thunking.

I know it's at least partly my fault for making the other thread thunk AND appreciation, but that's because I couldn't see much difference between them, myself. Until I realised that I was spending less and less and less time on the McKay and Baal threads because there was more thunking than discussion. I also know that I'm in a very sour mood this morning which is probably making it worse, but maybe this thread could be more for discussion and the other could be more for thunking? Please?

Comment

sorry!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X