No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry. If I knew how to do that I would change it.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
    Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Well, open the pics in paintshop pro or some other photo program, resize them to something smaller (you can get the dimensions off one of the other pics) and save it. Then reload the pics wherever they are and edit the links in your post.

Comment

You know I've just noticed that the fake Rodney from 'Home' was still wearing Atlantis uniform there...

Comment

very true and interesting. I think it would be funny if the two of them were fiercely fighting about something. The literally get in each others faces and then the "sparks" suddenly fly.

Comment

I have to say that the Rodney Bear is the cutest thing I've seen since...well since Rodney himself. Now I want one. Too bad no build a bears around here. Of course I wouldn't be able to stop with Rodney. I'd have to take on all of Atlantis. 'cept I think it might be difficult to find any athosian wear. {snicker, snort }
            "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
            "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
            Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
            Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
            "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
            Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
            Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
            (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Hmmm. So I watched Elevated, David's short film with Vincenzo Natali, and I just have to say ...

Spoiler:
              Really, if I was David, I'd be very concerned over how many times my high school chum feels compelled to kill, or otherwise harm, me on film. Think about it, dead in Elevated, dead in Cube, a disembodied head in Nothing. That's some kinda weird friendship.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy being a fellow Canadian.

Oh, and I must also say it was a fascinating film.

I'm such a fangurl.

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
                Of course I wouldn't be able to stop with Rodney. I'd have to take on all of Atlantis. 'cept I think it might be difficult to find any athosian wear. {snicker, snort }
                LOL.. I've thought about that too... get the whole cuddly set. And then there'd have to be a Danny Bear (with boonie hat and glasses)...

Originally posted by blueeyes
                Hmmm. So I watched Elevated, David's short film with Vincenzo Natali, and I just have to say ...

Oh, and I must also say it was a fascinating film.
                I think I figured out why I found it so... strangly fascinating. Looking at the IMDB entry, it says that Vincenzo's co-writer was the same person who wrote the werewolf flick "Ginger Snaps"... which I also found strangly fascinating... and I'm not much of a horror flick fan. And someone posted what I presume to be a screencap of David in Autoerotica... he looks a bit demented... so now I want to find that too. He does the crazy thing quite well.

Comment

Where did you see the screencap of David in 'Autoerotica'?

Comment

I love that first pic! And that teddy's so cute! Unfortunately I dont have any teddys
                    But it dont matter, I can always make my absolutely pathetic but really awesome pics of them on paint!! If I'm ever bothered I'll post em up!

sigpic
                    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by Renenutet
                      Where did you see the screencap of David in 'Autoerotica'?
                      From the McKay_Daily LJ: http://www.livejournal.com/community...ily/43289.html

Like I said, I only think it's from that film... I mean, it's David... in an automobile... so...

Comment

I'm a member of that LJ group but I haven't checked my LJ for ages which is stupid because it's a paid account and I'm wasting it grrrrr. I think most of my icons on there must be McKay related. They're very cute! Any piccie of McKays a gorgeous piccie in my opinion.

Lucy

Comment

Some pics. I can't get enough of this man.

Comment

My David Hewlett film fest began last night as my DVD for "Century Hotel" arrived this weekend.

Oh my.......
                            Spoiler:

Series of seven different vignettes jumping back and forth between the 1920's to 2000. They chronicled events taking place in Room number 720 of a hotel. It jumped around a lot from story to story so that took a little getting used. Kind of a film noir feel to it.

David Hewlett's story was set in the 1940's. Service men returning from the war, two friends, one girlifriend. I totally missed the clue bus on this one - thought maybe David Hewlett's character had fallen in love with his chum's girlfriend and they didn't know how to tell him. But NO - it was the two guys who were in love and the girlfriend was just a cover for one of them! And there was like guy/guy kissing and stuff. And for a bonus, a shot of nekkid DH. Kind of ended badly though.

David Hewlett did a nice job - totally different character from McKay and he seemed right at home in the '40's styles. Boy, the slashers must love this one.

The other stories were all fairly interesting as well, although the movie certainly earned its R rating. Didn't like the '60's one too much. Or the most modern story sent at New Year's 2000. Not sure I give it a rave review but it was worth watching to see another side to DH. Literally.

Next up I think "Cube" will be arriving.
                            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                              My David Hewlett film fest began last night as my DVD for "Century Hotel" arrived this weekend.

Oh my.......
                              Spoiler:
                              David Hewlett did a nice job - totally different character from McKay and he seemed right at home in the '40's styles. Boy, the slashers must love this one.
                              Yes, we do! Even though I'd seen screencaps and knew what was going on
                              Spoiler:
                              for his segment, I wasn't prepared for how it played out. Poor Michael.

Just got finished watching Nothing since I found it sitting so nicely on my doorstep when I got home. At the moment, all I can say is Wow! I don't know if I can even find the words for how much I loved this... maybe after I've gotten some sleep. Very cool effects... loved the
                              Spoiler:
                              "hate off" and Musical!Hewlett and how he couldn't handle Normal!Andrew... and... and...
                              I'm going to have to watch it again.... maybe a David movie marathon (Hewlett-e-thon?) Yeah, making up words... I should probably get some sleep now.

Comment

I thought it was a pic from the actual movie. Got my hopes up for a minute..... I've seen that one before.

Comment

Working...
                                X