No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like this pic! Makes me want to hug him...

Sorry that I was such a bad thunker in the past few days, I wanted to be here, but real life interfered, we had visitors, I had to spend some quality time with the bf, I was tired and a bit sick, and I missed so much on the thread that I hardly knew where to begin with commenting, so I put it off. Anyway, hope I'll have time for that now.

I still haven't watched 'TPP', but at least I've watched 'Irresistible', and though it surely wasn't a really outstanding ep and also a rather fluffy one, I enjoyed it. From the comments I had read before I had expected worse, but now I think it was quite funny.

I made a few (non-spoilerish) caps, because there were a lot of cute Rodney moments in this ep. And he laughs a lot! Ok, he's
    Spoiler:
    sort of drugged while doing so, and so the smile is a bit dorky,
    but only a bit, and hey, I don't care, I can ignore that and just concentrate on the fact that he does smile at all and laughs so adorably!

Bye, A.
    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

A few more 'Irresistible' caps, this time of one of my favourite things of SGA: Rodney making a point!
      I simply love it when DH/RM is talking with his hands, and I always watch out for him pointing. He's doing it so often that I've quite a nice collection of 'pointing pics' by now.

Here are the newest additions to the pointing collection. There's nothing spoilerish in the pics, I just put them behind the tag because I post four caps at once.

Geek boy is at it again!!!

Spoiler:

Bye, A.
      Last edited by Arlessiar; 31 July 2006, 05:34 AM.

Comment

I am so sick of posters saying McKay is hypochondriac! Someone even posted that he wasn't allergic to lemons/citrus. Do me a favour it is canon more then anything else about him it is CANON!

GW got troll spammed today, I missed it thankfully, but there you go the the lunatics have taken over the asylum... oh wait what does that make us.

Some happy Rodney to ward off the trolls baiting me!

Last edited by Willow'sCat; 31 July 2006, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Well I knew that thread would dissolve with 'opinion' mocking McKay eventually and there it is. Actually took longer then I thought it would. I am watching James Spader, lying on the floor under William Shatner! Lol! You don't see that every day.

Anyway.

It is all smiles around here lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurore
            Btw, I've also read "A Long Gold Sliding Into Dawn" by the same author and it's as beautifully poignant as the other one (and much more slashy, just so you know).
            I've just finished an absolutely hilarious piece "Rodney McKay is a very bad manager" that you would swear is real, it sounds so much like him. I'm always impressed by a writer who can write emotional/serious and also really funny stories.
            Can you put up some links for these? Please.
            "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
            "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
            Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
            Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
            "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
            Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
            Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
            (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
              I am so sick of posters saying McKay is a hydrochondriac!
              What, he's afraid of water? SCNR

No, serious:
              Someone even posted that he wasn't allergic to lemons/citrus. Do me a favour it is canon more then anything else about him it is CANON!
              Let me guess - trouble in the episode thread? I didn't go to these threads for a while now, it annoyed me too much last season.
              Anyway, I can understand that this "it's all hypochondria" accusation annoys you, it annoys me too, because I think people who don't like the character of McKay use it as an easy explanation to support their statment that Rodney is only one thing: A nuisance you better ignore. I hate hate hate that.
              This said, I have to admit that it isn't definitely canon that Rodney actually is allergic to citrus. We talked about that in the whump thread. It's been mentioned a few times, but mostly by Rodney, and before the day that we actually see him having some kind of reaction or get a statment from Carson we won't know for sure.
              David Hewlett also never really answered the "is RM really allergic to citrus" questions in interviews. In one of his first SG interviews he said that Rodney is a hypochondriac and maybe he also isn't allergic to citrus. It's been some time since that now, but I haven't heard anything else yet. Maybe he doesn't really know because no-one of TPTB made it a fact yet.
              Well, personally I also think that Rodney is a hypochondriac, but only to a certain degree. I think that his hypochondria evolved from a few real medical issues. I do believe that he is allergic to citrus, some pollen and bees and that he's claustrophobic. The rest may be hypochondria though.

GW got troll spammed today, I missed it thankfully, but there you go the the lunatics have taken over the asylum... oh wait what does that make us.
              I heard about that, glad I missed it!
              Yeah, we're all lunatics in a way.

Bye, A., off to watch Pegasus Project

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                What, he's afraid of water? SCNR
                Oh go on make fun of the girl with the learning difficulties.
                Let me guess - trouble in the episode thread?
                No after being told for the umpteenth
                Spoiler:
                time that it wasn't rape... I
                decide I should just not bother posting in there, no this is in the Allergy thread.
                This said, I have to admit that it isn't definitely canon that Rodney actually is allergic to citrus. We talked about that in the whump thread.
                I know you have and I still do not agree with that, it is canon as he has said it ;
                Spoiler:
                Sheppard has now reinforced it
                ; and back in the day Sam has mentioned it, well threatened him with it. Sorry we will have to agree to disagree. Also David is the actor not the writer, and not Brad and Robert, I know he isn't as straight up with all his health things but this I will need more then David commenting to change my mind. Like actually have an ep where he eats citrus and does not react to it, then I will believe, and as someone posted anyway, McKay may believe it and sometimes that is enough. *you know what I mean*
                Last edited by Willow'sCat; 31 July 2006, 07:50 AM.

Comment

What are the comms?
                  coup de tat and allies

martin wood and peter deluise do the michael commentary and peter and gary jones do the inferno commentary

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
                    Can you put up some links for these? Please.
                    There you go: http://www.kekkai.org/synecdochic/sga/index.html

Comment

Thank you Aurore! (I had freedom saved to my computer but not bookmarked. Great story and well written. Even made me shed a tear or two.)
                      "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                      "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                      Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                      Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                      "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                      Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                      Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                      (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

It is! GW is! With the cliques, geeks *smile* and the cool kids...
                        There are cool kids?! Where?!! *looks around*

I think greening is overrated too, it doesnt mean anything, I've got quite a few random greens which kind of defeats the whole purpose of it.
                        As for postcount, its quality over quantity.

sigpic
                        Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                        Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by tiggerific
                          coup de tat and allies

martin wood and peter deluise do the michael commentary and peter and gary jones do the inferno commentary
                          Ooh I just saw some caps from the Martin Gero DVD extra, David in a black *fleece I think* jacket, Yum! He has really broad shoulders doesn't he... I am so tired I have to go. *usual place for the DVD *cough*
                          Last edited by Willow'sCat; 31 July 2006, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Just a little something I put together today after seeing the promo with Jack Sparrow on it yesterday...

[center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Hello!

Thanks for the new caps Arlessiar!! I love that smile and the pointy, expressive hands ones are just gorgeous!!

SPOILERS FOR PEGASUS PROJECT

Spoiler:
                              I haven't been to this Allergy Thread so I will go take a look (if I dare!!) but I have to say that I do believe he has a citrus allergy and the reason I loved PP was (IMHO) it absolutely made it canon!! The whumper in me wants it to be true of course and this was the first time that someone other than Rodney seemed to confirm it!! I would be absolutely off my head (of course!) if we had an ep where he really did have an allergic reaction! At least it would then leave no doubt!!!

Pretty in blue!!

Spoiler:

Mx
                              sig by SheppyD
                              Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
                              So he just looks crazy

Comment

Nice caps everyone! Arlessiar, I loved, loved, loved the Geek Boy caps!

I really do think he has a citrus allergy. Will have to check out the Allergy thread.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Working...
                                X