No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I absolutely love McKay's personality! In my opinion he is the funniest character on Atlantis. Which only makes him much more adorable!

I should of visited this thread long ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassiopeia
      Geographically huh?! Ok, I'm in Staffordshire, and geography's not one of my strong points but... doesn't that put you closer to the Czech republic???
      They're both so cute anyway. So, do you think we might have been watching them too much and it's rubbing off...

In
      Spoiler:
      the Seige I think actually it was me who mentioned that example too, but others highlighted some of the other times he does it. I like when he says it in Hot Zone, 'head back'...'heading back'. Just SOOOOO cute.

Now you mention it yep I've noticed the finger rubbing thing too, didn't realise that was a 'real' habit though, thanks for that little snippet of info.
      So all three of us are from the Uk?
      Could almost be Zelenka, McKay and Grodin... but then since we all live in Uk who gets Grodin? The geographical thing wouldn't work unless it was to do with who's in middle etc.

I think maybe their habits have rubbed off on us - seen it all enough times for that to make sense. Mmm, finger rubbing, quite subtley different from the finger snapping and finger pointing habits. Also he has the hand waving thing, for holding people back and/or dismissing them/their ideas...

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
        Nope, I'll stick with his unofficial clone (i.e. entirely fictious and in fact from a fanfic of mine...). Quentin, Quentin McKay- has a nice ring to it possibly?

Season 2 rumours
        Spoiler:
        Did anyone see the stuff over on the Joe Mallozzi Q&A thread, he told everyone about episodes that are getting done for SGa/SG1 and the titles they didn't use - one of which was "The Clone/Not clone story"...

Which makes me hope it's SGa and having 2 McKay's!
        I mean BIS had 2 of everyone technically and 2 of Weir in one timeline so it would be cool to get 2 Rodney's and see how they cope and what happens and how everyone else deals with it too...DH overdose almost I imagine for if that episode happens.

I've not had chance to even start reading that thread yet.
        Spoiler:
        Two McKays would be hysterical, probably most of Atlantis would need the psychiatrist by the time they'd finished!! I'd love to see David Hewlett handle that!

Sorry, just doubled up on your reply about the finishing sentences thing, I didn't read far enough back.

I'm right, Norfolk IS further East I'm thinking than Staffordshire
        Actually, I have some Scottish blood so that complicates things.... lol.

Any chance of you screen capping that expression in Weir's office that you mentioned? It's just grand.
        McKay, "I'm not sure I can fix this."
        Grodin, "You can fix anything."
        McKay, "Who told you that?"
        Grodin, "You did. Several times."

Comment

Spoiler:
          Which makes me hope it's SGa and having 2 McKay's!
          I mean BIS had 2 of everyone technically and 2 of Weir in one timeline so it would be cool to get 2 Rodney's and see how they cope and what happens and how everyone else deals with it too...DH overdose almost I imagine for if that episode happens.
          Spoiler:
          2 McKay's?? That would be chaos!!! I would love it!!! McKay's the perfect guy to have a clone of! It would work so well!

sigpic
          Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
          Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

So all three of us are from the Uk?
            Could almost be Zelenka, McKay and Grodin... but then since we all live in Uk who gets Grodin? The geographical thing wouldn't work unless it was to do with who's in middle etc.

I think maybe their habits have rubbed off on us - seen it all enough times for that to make sense. Mmm, finger rubbing, quite subtley different from the finger snapping and finger pointing habits. Also he has the hand waving thing, for holding people back and/or dismissing them/their ideas...
            Nope, reckon it's got to be McKay, Zelenka and Beckett, so who's furthest North???

I just loved
            Spoiler:
            "You all have guns. Someone give me a knife" snap snap snap snap hand, in the Brotherhood

Comment

He does a handwaving thing? I do it all the time! That settles it, I'm McKay!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shivan
                I absolutely love McKay's personality! In my opinion he is the funniest character on Atlantis. Which only makes him much more adorable!

I should of visited this thread long ago!

Welcome anyway!

Kinda busy here at the moment...

Comment

Nope, reckon it's got to be McKay, Zelenka and Beckett, so who's furthest North???
                  I live in England, Leeds. Which is around the middle of the UK

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                    Ok, that's more North than me. I'm about 30 miles from Birmingham. But there's the Scottish blood thing, so if you're Mckay then that would put me as Beckett and Purpleyin as Zelenka. (Actually, I DO tend to break technology a lot or have the unexpected happen with it...ahem)

Or geographically, you Beckett me McKay and Purpleyin Zelenka. (Norfolk IS East isn't it?).

Comment

Is it, I always thought the Midlands, being the hub of the motorways etc, My geography must be sort of squewed...

Comment

He does a handwaving thing? I do it all the time! That settles it, I'm McKay!!
                        Yep, the sort of partner to 'I have an idea' finger pointing, waving people away etc.
                        Speaking of which I think the hand things we see McKay do are also rather Davidy things because he does some of them I noticed in Treed Murray, but maybe it's part of him acting annoying characters...

Comment

You could also base it in common interests.
                          I love science, especially astrophysics. I took up physics as an A level but dropped it after 2 lessons! It was soooo hard! And I also dropped maths lol! But I'm still doing chemistry which is great, and I'm not much of a fan of biology (which rules out Beckett) Althou I am interested in genetics and nanotechnology.
                          I'm also a huge fan of computers! I'm a real IT wiz like DH!!

I can also be obnoxious, rude and really annoying when I want to! Ask my friends, they'll tell ya lol!

sigpic

Comment

I just loved
                            Spoiler:
                            "You all have guns. Someone give me a knife" snap snap snap snap hand, in the Brotherhood
                            Ok, so it seems I'm furthest east -Zelenka I am then! (if I can't have Grodin then Zelenka suits me fine)

That quote too, the finger snapping was great but oh the line - I love that line soo much... I want to know which writer thought it up because they are great (though of coruse everyone on SGa is great... but that one line...it could be my favourite line ever)

Comment

That quote too, the finger snapping was great but oh the line - I love that line soo much... I want to know which writer thought it up because they are great (though of coruse everyone on SGa is great... but that one line...it could be my favourite line ever)
                              Theres a finger snapping thing? wow! I literally am McKay!!!

sigpic

Comment

I've not had chance to even start reading that thread yet.
                                Spoiler:
                                Two McKays would be hysterical, probably most of Atlantis would need the psychiatrist by the time they'd finished!! I'd love to see David Hewlett handle that!

Any chance of you screen capping that expression in Weir's office that you mentioned? It's just grand.
                                Spoiler:

And I'm sure he would too, both of him! Room for Kate to appear again - question is would it be mutual appreciation or competition?

Becuase people joked about that which led to me writing a fic where they didn't get on, and more recently I was going to write a McKay/McKay fic, bizarrely slashy and freaky idea (but one of those pplot bunnies that doesn't
                                go away)

Yes, seeing David handling two McKay's would be fab! And I'm sure it would be interesting for the other actors too.

Which bit exactly?
                                Spoiler:
                                The getting told off and then hurt ones, or the entracnes finger pointing thing? Or should I just do whole scene lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X