Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoryJ
    *Purrs at Willow's post* . . . you know, Willow, your David sig is what made me realize I was a David thunker. I was in another thread and I saw the pics in your sig and I was like, "My god, he truly is a beautiful man . . .". And then I came here.
    You just experienced "The Awesome power of teh Hewlett!!" I only came to GW for Michael Shanks... what happened to that! Lol!
    On the topic of sigs, yours is changing every twenty seconds! I'm fascinated . . .
    It's random, when it wants to be.

Everyone's favourite David position.

unknownterra, Sorry to hear about the break up with the bf.

What is deemed as "spoiler" in terms of pics nowadays?
    Everything from season one is fine now... (the Mods relaxed the rules on that). But anything that gives *might give* plot away... like a big hulking ship in space or a shot of them with characters that have not appeared before on the show and in particular anything showing them doing things or with things (guns/glasses/uniforms) that they don't normally wear or use... maybe considered a spoiler...

More on spoilers here:

Spoiler:

Basically if it is season 2 or the upcoming 3 then best to limit what you show, Having Rodney eating in the mess is not a spoiler but having Rodney eating in the mess with a person we have never seen before would be a spoiler. Walking around the Forrest would be fine but walking around the forest with an Asgard (I would love to see that) would be a spoiler.

Rule of thumb new faces/places/races and environments are spoilers.

Of course I could be completely wrong best to check this out...

Official GW Spoiler rules:

Since our members are all watching different episodes on different stations in different parts of the world (from the U.S. to the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and more), we want to make sure that our fellow fans aren't spoiled about upcoming episode plot or character developments (unless they really want to be!). The goal is to give those who don't want to spoiled the chance to skip a post or thread without reading it.

The rule of thumb is this: If your post has spoilers it must include a spoiler warning, unless the thread (and thread title) already started with a warning for that episode.

We ask that you include a warning (including the specific episode title and season number) and use the [spoiler] tag to hide the relevant portions of text. Include
    Spoiler:
    , in square brackets, before your spoiler text starts, and
    after it ends, like this:
    • Spoiler:
      I can't believe Jack dies in this episode!
    This forces the reader to click and drag the mouse over the invisible portion of text to highlight it in order to read it. Alternately, you may insert at least 10 lines of spoiler space after the warning, to force readers to scroll down to find the spoiler. But the [spoiler] tag method is strongly preferred.

Spoiler warnings are required for all episodes in the seasons: 1) currently airing in U.S. syndication, 2) airing in first-run on SCI FI in the U.S., and 3) in production. For SCI FI viewers, this is usually the previous, current, and upcoming seasons. (Visit GateWorld's SG-1 and Atlantis episode guides if you aren't sure which season the episode is in.)

All new threads on a topic likely to include spoilers should be clearly marked in the first post, or the first post and the thread title, with the word "spoilers." Replies to properly-marked threads don't need spoiler space; but if you are replying with spoilers to a thread that has not been flagged at the start as containing spoilers, please do include a warning and spoiler space.

Do not include spoilery info in the thread title itself, as it may turn up under "New Posts" or in a search for someone who is trying to avoid spoilers.

Please also include a spoiler warning and space for the current and future seasons of other shows discussed, and for new-release films.

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
      Eusten, we have another one! Who's been tampering with the cloning machine again?
      You know for a moment I thought is it her? She wouldn't dare... again! I'm kind of glad McKay'sGirl never posts in here. I don't get why GW allows this anyway, some forums won't allow any names that are similar at all. Oh well I hope mckaysgirl can handle the fall out from being thought of as you! *runs away*

I know how you feel David.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
        Everyone's favourite David position.
        Spoiler:
        Very, um, sexy purple tracks there Is he having a migrane?

unknownterra, Sorry to hear about the break up with the bf.
        Thanks, and thanks for the spoiler advice. I wasn't sure about season 2.

Comment

For those whose names have changed - how do you do that? I thought once you picked your name for GW forums you're stuck with it till you beg a mod to change it for you.
          "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
          "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
          Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
          Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
          "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
          Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
          Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
          (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
            For those whose names have changed - how do you do that? I thought once you picked your name for GW forums you're stuck with it till you beg a mod to change it for you.
            You have to ask Darren to change it for you, mods dont have that kind of power.

sigpic
            Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
            Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

hey all

need your opinion on a new sig...I've got 4 colour variations and I don't know which is nicest!

the rest are behind the spoiler tags
              Spoiler:

thankies
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                Thanks for the info FalseHope.

sueKay-I like the very first one the most. #2 comes in, well, second. I like a bit of yellow in opposed to the all blue looking Trinity title.
                "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  hey all

need your opinion on a new sig...I've got 4 colour variations and I don't know which is nicest!

the rest are behind the spoiler tags
                  Spoiler:

thankies
                  I like the first one the most, then the middle one in the spoiler tags next.

Comment

Thanks to Willow's Cat, I've just added Cyber to my netflix queue. I still don't know if I can go Python Vs Boa. Sounds too silly for me.

SueKay, I like 1 & 2. I also like Unknownterras sig. I like everyone's sig, pretty much. I need to learn how to make those.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by im_meli
                    More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

I haven't seen too many of David's films so far. I enjoyed one of the shorts he was in "Elevated". As far as features, of those I've seen so far, Cube and Get Down (aka Treed Murray) are my favorites followed very closely by Nothing. Boa vs. Python was, um, okay. He looked good in the black t-shirt at least

Love those blue eyes:

"Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake-hole!" - Dean Winchester, Supernatural

Comment

Originally posted by unknownterra
                        I like the first one the most, then the middle one in the spoiler tags next.
                        Me too
                        sigpic
                        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

JuneBug- He was incredibly hot in Cube. Although he was pretty skinny, he still was cute. It must have been the short hair. If only he wore glasses.....

I know this one has been posted many, many times, but I just can't help myself....

sigpic
                          Sig by im_meli
                          More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury973
                            JuneBug- He was incredibly hot in Cube. Although he was pretty skinny, he still was cute. It must have been the short hair. If only he wore glasses.....

I know this one has been posted many, many times, but I just can't help myself....

I agree, Mercury. That pic is fabulous! I only wish he'd had a larger role in that movie...
                            "Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake-hole!" - Dean Winchester, Supernatural

Comment

Originally posted by unknownterra
                              You can't imagine how bad it was. And to finish it all off, I broke up with my bf of almost two years.
                              I'm sorry. Sounds like you have been having a rough time of it all. *hugs*

sueKay, your new sig is brilliant! I like the first one best, followed closly by #3

You know I hate the face fluff, but I can stare at the caps from "The life before this... for hours, gorgeous GORGEOUS!
                              Agreed!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by tiggerific
                                fair comments OMG i LOVE nothing that film is just so hilarious! LOL

*waves* its always good to have a little debate going on makes it more interesting!

have you seen any of his otehr work apart from nothing and icemen Lovebuzz?

Yep, nothing ( forgive the pun ) like a friendly debate!

I've been a DH fan for ages now, even seen' em in a Labatt's Beer comercial he did when I lived in B.C.. I also met him at a Vancouver Canucks hockey game ( what else are Canadian guyz gonna do ) 5 yrs ago. So naturally I have seen all his movies; "Nothing" is still by far the best film work DH has done, although I personally hate the ending; could have been better. Next I would have to say Cube. All his other films I feel his characters are weak. Though most people view DH's work from the present ( SGA ) to his early stuff. While I seen the man work as it progessed in his career.

Comment

Working...
                                X