Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    As for rewriting that scene, I'm thinking. Would he still climb out the window?
    Absolutely! He's gotta show off for Lizzie, after all.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Hm, Definitely. Maybe he promises to come back for her?
    Oh, you betcha! Maybe he'd make some crack about bringing back a picnic basket of goodies for them to nibble on. Before they nibble on each other...

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    I think he definitely would. But she'd have to give her consent and she would, hesitatingly, and then she'd watch him out of the window until she could no longer see him, hands clasped and twisting the whole way.
    Eeeeee!!!! *flails*

Probie, you're right--that first scene with Carter breaking the news to him totally should have been Elizabeth. I remember thinking that as it happened. Even if that was the only rewrite, and we only saw her for that scene, it should have been her.
    Yes, it totally should've been her. Elizabeth's got that history of quiet personal moments with John that would've lent such juicy weight to that scene.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Eri: You have homework! mwhahaha

New question for you. Ready? You can say stop but I won't listen to you so....lol
      Instead, if there was a scene between Elizabeth and John who don't seem appropriate, which one and why? Example: the hug in The Siege. No I'm kidding. I don't have an example for the moment but you understand me...I hope.
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

So it sounds like you're the one who should write this scene.
        Um, no, no, no. I still have to do a snarky recap for GIP, plus a true recap for Lifeline, plus figure out a way to get to my house tonight since apparently all the thru-ways are completely flooded. Plus my house just lost power.

And I'd have to download the episode to watch that scene over and I'm not ready for that!

So, SR it's ALL YOURS.

Originally posted by Probie View Post

New question for you. Ready? You can say stop but I won't listen to you so....lol
        Instead, if there was a scene between Elizabeth and John who don't seem appropriate, which one and why? Example: the hug in The Siege. No I'm kidding. I don't have an example for the moment but you understand me...I hope.
        Not appropriate? Um, not in my book, at least not off the top of my head. I can't think of any moments that didn't fit. Joe and Torri had such good, comfortable chemistry that every moment they had, whether serious, fun, sweet, casual, intense or angsty, just fit their characters very, very well.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Hey all,

Can you do me a favor if you're feeling super nice? There have been a lot of vid/song/artist recommendations in the last few days for stuff with great singers/songs and I haven't been able to find the time to follow all of them. Could someone, when you get a chance, PM them to me (or email if you have it) so that I can store them in my inbox for when I get a chance? I don't want to lose them in the thread.

Comment

Actually, I'd have to agree with Eri, I also don't think there were any inappropriate scenes between John and Elizabeth. They were all written in such a way that fit the characters (even if we sometimes didn't agree with it-- Lifeline, I'm looking at you!), and Joe and Torri's on-screen chemistry really sold it.

Now, inappropriate scenes between John and other characters, or Elizabeth and other characters... but that's a whole other can of worms.

And Eri... flooded? Lost power? *huggles*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Actually, I'd have to agree with Eri, I also don't think there were any inappropriate scenes between John and Elizabeth. They were all written in such a way that fit the characters (even if we sometimes didn't agree with it-- Lifeline, I'm looking at you!), and Joe and Torri's on-screen chemistry really sold it.

Now, inappropriate scenes between John and other characters, or Elizabeth and other characters... but that's a whole other can of worms.

Yep, Georgia is now half underwater. How weird is weather? We've been drought laden for about 3 years now, and in one week we're totally flooded. This is the highest I've ever seen it in my 20 years here!

Comment

Um, no, no, no. I still have to do a snarky recap for GIP, plus a true recap for Lifeline, plus figure out a way to get to my house tonight since apparently all the thru-ways are completely flooded. Plus my house just lost power.

And I'd have to download the episode to watch that scene over and I'm not ready for that!

So, SR it's ALL YOURS.

Not appropriate? Um, not in my book, at least not off the top of my head. I can't think of any moments that didn't fit. Joe and Torri had such good, comfortable chemistry that every moment they had, whether serious, fun, sweet, casual, intense or angsty, just fit their characters very, very well.

Ok "inappropriate" is maybe (sure) not the good word but the english dictionary only gave me this one.lol And of course Torri and Joe did a great job.
                I wanted to say "a scene where you are saying to yourself 'oh John will not act like this' (don't use the "we don't leave man behind") or 'Why there is a gap between them in this scene'".
                Come on, guys. In french, my question was terrific but in english...I try to make a clear question with only 10 words that I know in english. Not easy.lol
                I tested it on my mom (Yes she's my guinea pig lol) and she found one scene.
                If you still don't understand me, I'm sorry. *hide herself*
                sigpic

Comment

Ok "inappropriate" is maybe (sure) not the good word but the english dictionary only gave me this one.lol And of course Torri and Joe did a great job.
                  I wanted to say "a scene where you are saying to yourself 'oh John will not act like this' (don't use the "we don't leave man behind") or 'Why there is a gap between them in this scene'".
                  Come on, guys. In french, my question was terrific but in english...I try to make a clear question with only 10 words that I know in english. Not easy.lol
                  Do you mean like an 'out of character' moment? Like saying something like 'John wouldn't act like this, he'd do this instead?' Is that what you're getting at?

Hmmm. I can't think of many of those regarding John towards Elizabeth. Again, The Return, Part I, where he's flying the model plane and talking offhandedly to Rodney about everyone is not a moment I would consider an in-character moment for John. Maybe in The Game--both he and Elizabeth have a few moments that I think are not terribly in-character for them.

Comment

Do you mean like an 'out of character' moment? Like saying something like 'John wouldn't act like this, he'd do this instead?' Is that what you're getting at?

Hmmm. I can't think of many of those regarding John towards Elizabeth. Again, The Return, Part I, where he's flying the model plane and talking offhandedly to Rodney about everyone is not a moment I would consider an in-character moment for John. Maybe in The Game--both he and Elizabeth have a few moments that I think are not terribly in-character for them.
                    THANK YOU ERI! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
                    "Out of character" is exactly what I wanted to say. I have some trouble to speak in french today so in english...it is horrible. I hope I didn't give you a headhache.lol
                    Maybe time for me to go to bed *look the hour* ok maybe not...lol
                    sigpic

Comment

So, SR it's ALL YOURS.

Drat. All right. But I'll have to ponder for awhile.

Ah, now I get it because I couldn't think of a scene that wasn't great either. Now I've got one. In Progeny when they are gathering by the gate before going to the Replicator planet and Elizabeth shows up. Rodney is surprised that she is going along and she says Well, Ancients or not, they’re obviously an advanced society, and I would like to establish diplomatic relations with them immediately.
                      Then John says "well you're the boss". I think John would not have been quite so blase about her going along. We can imagine that they had talked about it before due to his lack of surprise but his casual acceptance of her along with Rodney's surprise doesn't fit. It's almost like Rodney expected John to argue but he didn't. John would have at least pointed out the danger of an unfamiliar planet and so on to her.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Ah, now I get it because I couldn't think of a scene that wasn't great either. Now I've got one. In Progeny when they are gathering by the gate before going to the Replicator planet and Elizabeth shows up. Rodney is surprised that she is going along and she says Well, Ancients or not, they’re obviously an advanced society, and I would like to establish diplomatic relations with them immediately.
                        Then John says "well you're the boss". I think John would not have been quite so blase about her going along. We can imagine that they had talked about it before due to his lack of surprise but his casual acceptance of her along with Rodney's surprise doesn't fit. It's almost like Rodney expected John to argue but he didn't. John would have at least pointed out the danger of an unfamiliar planet and so on to her.
                        *jump in SR's arms* Thanks for your answer.
                        My mom has the same example of you.
                        sigpic

Comment

That's a good one. Another is John's blase attitude initially in Irresistible. I don't think he would have been so nonchalant when he walked in on everybody laughing with Lucius in the mess hall. He should have known something was up immediately and probably contacted the SGC, at the very least. Especially with Elizabeth acting silly, which he knows she never does (except with him ).

Comment

Ah, out of character moments, now it makes sense.

Let's see... This one doesn't necessarily involve John, but First Strike, when Elizabeth confides to Teyla that she's actually thinking about stepping down from her post as expedition commander. What the hell?!? Elizabeth Weir, giving up? Especially when it's about Atlantis? This does not compute! Now, what happened in The Return is one thing; the Ancients had basically wrested control of the city away and kicked Earth out simply by flexing their superior ATA genes. But in FS, it's only Earth who's playing hardball. And that's something that Elizabeth has plenty of experience in pwning into the dirt.

Comment

*jump in SR's arms* Thanks for your answer.
                              My mom has the same example of you.
                              *high fives Mom*

That's a good one. Another is John's blase attitude initially in Irresistible. I don't think he would have been so nonchalant when he walked in on everybody laughing with Lucius in the mess hall. He should have known something was up immediately and probably contacted the SGC, at the very least. Especially with Elizabeth acting silly, which he knows she never does (except with him ).
                              Good one.

Ah, out of character moments, now it makes sense.

Let's see... This one doesn't necessarily involve John, but First Strike, when Elizabeth confides to Teyla that she's actually thinking about stepping down from her post as expedition commander. What the hell?!? Elizabeth Weir, giving up? Especially when it's about Atlantis? This does not compute! Now, what happened in The Return is one thing; the Ancients had basically wrested control of the city away and kicked Earth out simply by flexing their superior ATA genes. But in FS, it's only Earth who's playing hardball. And that's something that Elizabeth has plenty of experience in pwning into the dirt.
                              ITA on that one. And another one of course is John giving up on finding Elizabeth. But we all knew that one.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Uh, guys.... did I give you a link for my vid?

SK, I completely agree. I always had a feeling something was off in FS, and thought Elizabeth was simply feeling angry and overwhelmed. But you're right. It was quite OOC.
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X