Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Xkawaiix, I'm new to.

When it comes to relationships I never cared about Jack and Sam. In fact everytime they showed them in some type of romance, I was like that is so cliche. (No offense to those people who thought otherwise.) Mind you I am not a big SG-1 fan in the first place, however I find Atlantis a lot more interesting. It is to me a lot more entertaining. And from the beginning while watching Rising my thoughts were that they were going to force Sheppard/Teyla down our throats when there is no chemistry. Then I saw the scene where Sheppard and Weir are having there first argument on the balcony and thought, now that is something.
    Lady F

Comment

When they kiss it'll be up to 5000 posts in no time. Everyones already going nuts over just a hug, could you imagine. CHAOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many new people! Hello everyone ... I'm JS and I'm an alcoholic.

Now I would post pics, but I'm sill afraid I'm going to get yelled at and have things thrown at me because of spoilers and what not, so instead I'll just say this ...

HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG ... etc etc. How cool was it!

Oh yeah and ermmm, careful ... spoilers above. Sorry! I'm kinnda sleepy.

Now I'm going to go get some lunch.
      Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyF
        Welcome Xkawaiix, I'm new to.

When it comes to relationships I never cared about Jack and Sam. In fact everytime they showed them in some type of romance, I was like that is so cliche. (No offense to those people who thought otherwise.) Mind you I am not a big SG-1 fan in the first place, however I find Atlantis a lot more interesting. It is to me a lot more entertaining. And from the beginning while watching Rising my thoughts were that they were going to force Sheppard/Teyla down our throats when there is no chemistry. Then I saw the scene where Sheppard and Weir are having there first argument on the balcony and thought, now that is something.

Yes even though I first started out as a S/J shipper, I have to agree, I really like SheWeir a bit better. I dunno why though, maybe it's because I've grown out of it, but I don't wanna go out of topic.

I did see more of a chemistry with John and Liz than I usually do with Sam and Jack. Maybe it's because they keep too professional I dunno...

Or do I skip work, and only eat Ramen for the next week?
        I wouldn't mind ramen! Eat beef or chicken those are usually the best!

Comment

Oh, I'm late again , I already can say 'Good Morning', it's 3.25 am (15th July ) in Germany. My bed is waiting....

WELCOME xkawaiix, have a great time here, but I'm sure you will.

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Sleep well, see ya *tomorrow*,...
          sigpic

Comment

Are the producers making plans for these two to start getting to feel something for each other? I'm just curious...

Comment

Good catch, I love this scene, I watched it often on my DVD. And yes, she looks like: "Oh boy, if you knew"!!!
              LOL, yeah, she was like "oh, yeah that's why, a ha! ".
              If we ever found out that something more would happen between these two I think every Shep/Weir board/thread would crash because of overload.
              Depends on how it's done, if it's done the Mulder/Scully way, it could crash from all the cursing.
              I'm lucky — most of my friends are viewers of SG-1, Atlantis, and BSG too (though I'm not really into BSG myself), so either we're all together watching SciFi Friday, or we know not to disturb each other during viewing.
              Gosh, you're truly lucky, yesterday i was trying to talk a friend into trying Atlantis, and she was like "what is it?", i tried to explain to her that it was a sci-fi show, a spin off from the series based on the movie yadda, yadda, yadda, and when i finished she had this blank look on her face, and next thing she says is "what does sci-fi mean?", how can someone reach her twentyfifth birthday without knowing a single thing about sci-fi?.
              I'm the same way. The Mulder/Scully thing in "X-Files" was horribly done and I hated it (though I loved both characters). Sam and Jack - I have always been indifferent about this one. I really don't care if they "are" or "aren't". I enjoy looking at it either way.
              No comments on MSR, or i'll start b*ing and never stop. On Sam/Jack, i started to watch SG1 a short while ago, and honestly the whole "sir" thing just about killed S/J for me from the very beginning. It's just suh a turn off, so impersonal. Not to mention that on the event that they chose to pursue a relationship, they could be courtmartialed (if my years of watching JAG serve me for something, and that brings to my mind Harm/Mac, another fiasco).
              I was just reading something that Katee Sackoff (BSG) said in an interview about Starbuck's relationship with Apollo which I find quite striking. She says that when she does her scenes with Jamie Bamber, she tells herself, "You're in love with him" and plays accordingly. And IMO... it works.
              Definitely, gosh, i love them, in fact i love BSG, period, specially Starbuck. And that's funny since i hated her from day one, i hated her guts, couldn't stand the sight of her, and so not wanted Apollo falling for her. And then came this episode where she crahed on this planet, and repaired the cylon thingy (if you've watched the show, you know what i'm talking about), and by the end i was cheering for her, she's so totally cool. Now they're showing BSG on Universal, and i'm watching it again from the beginning, and i berate myself, how could i ever hate her, she is wonderful, she kicks butt.
              Then I saw the scene where Sheppard and Weir are having there first argument on the balcony and thought, now that is something.
              The whole thing since Sheppard arrives, and she grabs his jacket, and then when he finishes telling McKay how to find the address, and Weir is tells him "major Sheppard, a word", and grabs his ass . I know i'll sound very Paris Hilton, but that's hot.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Sheppard
                When they kiss it'll be up to 5000 posts in no time. Everyones already going nuts over just a hug, could you imagine. CHAOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many new people! Hello everyone ... I'm JS and I'm an alcoholic.

Now I would post pics, but I'm sill afraid I'm going to get yelled at and have things thrown at me because of spoilers and what not, so instead I'll just say this ...

HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG ... etc etc. How cool was it!

Oh yeah and ermmm, careful ... spoilers above. Sorry! I'm kinnda sleepy.

Now I'm going to go get some lunch.

Ah!!!!!!! Hurry, if anyone who HASN'T heard of the
                Spoiler:
                HUG
                CLOSE YOUR EYES!!!!!!!! o0oh and nice sig JS!

Eh, I'm using so much green!!!!

Comment

Oh, and good morning Ankareeda!

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                    Anyone want to take bets on when we'll hit 5,000 posts?
                    Well there is only 100...well 99 more posts to go before we hit 5,000 so...yeah with all the people who've seemed to delurk you never know!

Okay...I haven't been this anxious for something since ROTK...so yes... 26 more hours for me. I think.
                    ~Athena

Comment

WOOO! JS is back!! Where were you, off eating??

I put 20 bucks on reaching 5,000 by next wed. Hands down!!! We've already gone through I think 4-5 pages since monday and once tomorrows episode comes out, it will go through the ROOF!!!!!
                      Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                        That, or the boards would be completely empty bc we'd have all died!

LOL! If something more did happen between these two, we would die and then come right back to life and Squeee and then completely overload the boards for sure. I think Gateworld needs to make sure the forum has back up programs to avoid a crash. I'm sure they do but just in case make sure.

On a seperate note, the Scifi Channel is reairing the preview show tomorrow before the premiere of SG-1 for those who missed it.

Also anyone who is going to the San Diego Comic Con this weekend, can you please give us lots and lots of details and pictures to. Pretty please. Also can someone please ask a Sheppard/ Weir question.
                        Lady F

Comment

OMG ... that's just scary. How did you know I was off eating ... freaky - WAY freaky.

Okay, you Americans have to make us a pomise. It's friday here, but if I remember correctly it wont be Atlantis time till about tomorrow morning maybe ... for yous anyways ... by our time. Okay, I don't expect you to understand that, I didn't even get it myself.

My point is, I wanna know what happens regarding the YOU KNOW WHAT (I know I've already said it, but I feel slack now) so make sure yous give all the details and that. Provided its in that episode that is, they could be messing with our heads. Anyways, don't forget about me, I'm dying over here, waiting to know what happens. And it is my birthday tomorrow, so be nice! Please!!!!!!! Thanks, i know yous'd say it anyways, can't help yourselves. I wouldn't be able to.
                          Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot
                            WOOO! JS is back!! Where were you, off eating??

I put 20 bucks on reaching 5,000 by next wed. Hands down!!! We've already gone through I think 4-5 pages since monday and once tomorrows episode comes out, it will go through the ROOF!!!!!
                            Wed? I think that's too long. I think sooner than that maybe Saturday.

I believe we can get quite chatty ones there are new things to discuss, such New moments to squee and analyze to death until the next episodes air.
                            ~Athena

Comment

Also anyone who is going to the San Diego Comic Con this weekend, can you please give us lots and lots of details and pictures to. Pretty please. Also can someone please ask a Sheppard/ Weir question.
                              My work is never done here is it? LOL Well I'll be going to the SG panel and the Firefly panel. Those are my sole reason for waking up at 5 am just to get to San Diego in time. LOL

I'm still sorting through pictures and my word...there are so many...
                              ~Athena

Comment

I'm with Hatcheter, actually — we might hit it before the episode airs tomorrow.

To all the new people — welcome! I've been very bad recently and not kept track of the new faces around here (so many!), so please forgive me for not greeting all of you by name. All the same, however, I think I speak for everyone in saying we're glad to have you aboard.

And it's possible that we won't be seeing the You-Know-What (why, yes, I'm a Harry Potter fan...) tomorrow night, but if we don't, I shall never trust my intuition again, at least where guessing episodes is concerned.

As for the more serious branch of discussion that's going on, ship is a tricky thing, as Torri mentioned in the special. The chase is the exciting part; it's hard to resolve something and still keep it going.

I was a Jack/Sam shipper, probably because some of the first episodes I saw were early in Season 4. There was ship, I thought it was cute, and I assumed it had been handled properly before and after. I still like it in fics, but I don't like how TPTB handled it at all. "Threads" made me think a lot about killing myself.

But I like Shep/Weir so far. (Wow, am I Captain Obvious tonight.) I like the slowness of it, the baby steps. It's not thrust in anyone's face, but it's there in the undercurrents of the show. That's how this kind of relationship should be, because they have something else more important to do.

Anyway, enough rambling from me. For those who read The Pacific Rim, I've started work on its sequel, Revelation. I'm hoping to get the first chapter of it up at my LJ on Saturday, not that I think many of you will care much about fic at that point.
                                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                                Last update: 14 April 2006
                                Melyanna's Multimedia
                                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X