No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gah - I managed to survive months waiting for Atlantis to start up again with only a few complaints, and now with one little clip, less than one week before the show, the wait has suddenly become unbearable!
    It needs to be Friday now!!
    ~Athena

Comment

Question concerning last night's teasingly good clip:

Did the
      Spoiler:
      hug occur when Shep returned to Atlantis, or was it perhaps another time?
      In my wildest dreams I never imagined that TPTB would have done it so soon!!!
      Spoiler:
      I even expressed on the forum that it would be great for Elizabeth to greet Shep with a hug after he returns safely and saves Atlantis. I just can't believe they have done it.
      -girlgater

Comment

Okay, so last night I had to decide between the SciFi Friday special or West Wing episodes I hadn't seen. In a fit of insanity I chose West Wing.

So at three minutes to 10, Athena IMed me:

Spoiler:
        Athena: dashkselg
        Athena: OMG!
        Melyanna: ?
        Athena: Did you see it?! We get a hug!!
        Melyanna: YAY!
        *long pause*
        Melyanna: TALK TO ME, WOMAN!
        Athena: YEs!
        Athena: They should a clip
        Athena: showed
        Athena: Can't type.
        Athena: And there was a moment we Elizabeth just looks at him with shear relief as he walks through the Stargate. Then she just hugs him!!

I'm still recovering from the shock, really.

Well, sports fans, this is what I said I wanted for this episode.
        Spoiler:
        I love the surprised look on John's face, too. I think he's been so wrapped up in having survived that he didn't really think about how Elizabeth would react.

I do think that this is the same scene as the "I'm home" bit. The lighting is right, the blocking in the room is right, the costumes and hair are right. EDIT: I've looked at the promo again. I'm almost positive it's the same scene. The same guy's walking through the gate room behind them in both.

And here I was figuring we'd be lucky to get a "glad you're okay" over the com. What Elizabeth needed was to hug John; I never thought they'd actually go there.

(And dang, if she doesn't look like she's going to kiss him. )
        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
        Last update: 14 April 2006
        Melyanna's Multimedia
        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
          So at three minutes to 10, Athena IMed me: . . .
          *LOL*

I do hope Athena is okay today.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Okay, so last night I had to decide between the SciFi Friday special or West Wing episodes I hadn't seen. In a fit of insanity I chose West Wing.
            Don't blame you, WW rocks and all.

So at three minutes to 10, Athena IMed me:

Spoiler:
            Athena: dashkselg
            Athena: OMG!
            Melyanna: ?
            Athena: Did you see it?! We get a hug!!
            Melyanna: YAY!
            *long pause*
            Melyanna: TALK TO ME, WOMAN!
            Athena: YEs!
            Athena: They should a clip
            Athena: showed
            Athena: Can't type.
            Athena: And there was a moment we Elizabeth just looks at him with shear relief as he walks through the Stargate. Then she just hugs him!!
            dashskelg??

I'm still recovering from the shock, really.
            I'm a wee bit surprised I have to say.

Spoiler:
            I love the surprised look on John's face, too. I think he's been so wrapped up in having survived that he didn't really think about how Elizabeth would react.

Spoiler:
            he looks really taken aback. Was there dialogue? I'm wondering if he was expecting a snarky,bantery comment and was therefore taken aback at the show of emotion. It's really interesting, I don't always get too hung up in character analysis, but this reaction has really intrigued me.

I do think that this is the same scene as the "I'm home" bit. The lighting is right, the blocking in the room is right, the costumes and hair are right. EDIT: I've looked at the promo again. I'm almost positive it's the same scene. The same guy's walking through the gate room behind them in both.
            Agreed most certainly is.

Spoiler:
            i didn't get that she was going to kiss h im, I thought she had a kind of playful look on her face, I didn't get kiss from it.
            Last edited by astronomicalchick; 12 July 2005, 07:27 AM. Reason: To get these darned spoiler tags right!

Comment

Call me crazy but I don't think it's romantic... cute yes... squee-worthy hell yeah ... but not romantic. I think it reads more as a hug of relief, which I like better.

Damn, now I'm going to have to re-edit my vid... or make a new one.
              Last edited by Blue Banrigh; 12 July 2005, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by seetheship
                Eek Don`t know how to do spoiler tags but I `ll try cryptic... Yup.. J is returning and me wonders if the "you know what" is reciprocated
                Yay! And I hope it will be reciprocated also
                This was very unexpected for me (though in my head I had hoped it would happen) and as it was pointed out earlier it's not over-the-top or anything.

Friday come sooner......

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
                  Yay! And I hope it will be reciprocated also
                  This was very unexpected for me (though in my head I had hoped it would happen) and as it was pointed out earlier it's not over-the-top or anything.

Friday come sooner......
                  Do I need to buy earplugs so I can sleep through the transatlantic squeeeeing.. or is it pointless cos it's telepathic squee?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                    Call me crazy but I don't think it's romantic... cute yes... squee-worthy hell yeah ... but not romantic. I think it reads more as a hug of relief, which I like more.

I think you should just make a new one.

Comment

Call me crazy but I don't think it's romantic... cute yes... squee-worthy hell yeah ... but not romantic. I think it reads more as a hug of relief, which I like better.

No, it doesn't look terribly romantic, but that's not what I wanted. I still love the look on John's face. It's like he never dreamed she'd be relieved that he's alive, even after all they've been through. Of course, it's not like she's ever shown this kind of physical affection for anyone on the expedition before.
                      Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

All I have to do is find a song...

And I do think the squeeing is telepathic. The brainwaves of them shippers are mighty powerful.

Comment

I think it reads more as a
                          Spoiler:
                          hug
                          of relief, which I like more.
                          It looks like it. She sees her friend back alive and healthy and she can't hold it back. I'd give him one, too!
                          Let's see how the other react also.

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                          or is it pointless cos it's telepathic squee?
                          LOL! I'd go with that one

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                            *LOL*

I do hope Athena is okay today.
                            I'm pretty sure she's okay... but I don't know how much sleep either one of us actually got last night. Too much squeeing.
                            Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

No, it doesn't look terribly romantic, but that's not what I wanted. I still love the look on John's face. It's like he never dreamed she'd be relieved that he's alive, even after all they've been through. Of course, it's not like she's ever shown this kind of physical affection for anyone on the expedition before.
                              Ditto... though does relief equate to affection?

She did grab Ford's hand in 38 mins, that's probably the the only other time I recall. Does huddling with McKay in the rain also count?

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                                Oh yeah and apparantly theres a clip at http://www.livejournal.com/community...05.html#cutid1 (scroll to the bottom)
                                *drops out of lurkerdom to say thanks for the link*

That's lovely.
                                Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X